Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
to put it simple and straight forward, do you think we will be able to get rid of that fucking bastard good for nothing poet ?!
Bite your tongue! It's only thanks to Dandelion that Geralt's deeds are a legend. If it wasn't for good old Dandy, Geralt would never get important clients who hire him because of his reputation. There's a reason why no songs are sung of any other witchers.

Bite your tongue! It's only thanks to Dandelion that Geralt's deeds are a legend. If it wasn't for good old Dandy, Geralt would never get important clients who hire him because of his reputation. There's a reason why no songs are sung of any other witchers.

I don't care.
there're only two man in the witcher world that I'd love to chop their head off. Emhyr and Dandelion. :zorro:

Yeah but that's only one of the reasons. he's really walking on my nerve. his dialogues, behaviors and ridiculous face.

Aw, come on~
Dandelion always made me laugh when I read about him in the books.

I really hope we see a few flowerpots thrown at him from one of his flings in Novigrad.

Also... refilling bombs ? What the heck ?

In order to make people use potions and bombs, you just need to make them very powerful and visually appealing.
Anyone will use a potion if it makes their skin turn pale and transforms them into a killing machine~

@Vigilance; :lol:

@EmperorZorn; your idea of visual transformation is awesome.
however bombs & potions refilling isn't that bad. keep in mind that we won't be able to meditate anywhere and herbs or other alchemical ingredients can now be used to upgrade bombs & potions. so I assume that only the basic level of them will be refilled after meditation and then it could be used as a base (very similar to alcohol in TW1) in order to create more powerful supplies.

however bombs & potions refilling isn't that bad. keep in mind that we won't be able to meditate anywhere and herbs or other alchemical ingredients can now be used to upgrade bombs & potions. so I assume that only the basic level of them will be refilled after meditation and then it could be used as a base (very similar to alcohol in TW1) in order to create more powerful supplies.

Yep, that's what I was thinkinkg. I think Konrad's idea for these new systems will be great.;)

There we go again. "I might use these poitions now but I would have to gather herbs again to upgrade it. I will rather save it. This monster isn´t that hard."

Meh, gathering the herbs and knowing when to use the potions is part of the gameplay. by refilling them it eliminates that element from gameplay and simplifies it. ill be honest i dont like it. it reminds me too much of skyrim and the simplification that they did. Like the way they added regenerating health.

Meh, gathering the herbs and knowing when to use the potions is part of the gameplay. by refilling them it eliminates that element from gameplay and simplifies it. ill be honest i dont like it. it reminds me too much of skyrim and the simplification that they did. Like the way they added regenerating health.

I guess it depends on the gamer mentality.

Some people don't want the hassle of gathering herbs, while others don't want everything served to them on a silver platter.

I like to work with limited ressources because it gives the potions more significance and makes their use more tactical.
Judging when to use a certain potion is part of being a Witcher, isn't it ?

But that's just my opinion, I'm fine if you disagree.

I my opinion the refiling potion should be optional, with the ability to enable or disable them in the option screen. and it should be off in harder difficulty levels.
i love the fact that i had to search for potion ingredients, it gave another layer of difficulty to the game.

I my opinion the witcher 2 was on it way to this route in some aspects, it was very easy to find potion ingredients and the alcohol system got removed.

^
the potion/drug thingie is a huge trademark for a witcher: these potions would be overkill for a normal human. and the monsters in the books literally require Geralt to use the potions.
SO they should not be optionable but required.
This is a great tool to deliver another tactical dimension.

I am still not quite sold on the new potion system, though. I, as a gamer, normally tend to have these hoarding symptoms if the game is too easy. A lot depends on the frame conditions of the system (how difficult will it be to upgrade/refill, how powerful will those upgrades be, how necessary are the potions...)
Sounds like a cool new approach and a possible characteristic trait :)

Yes!
I vote for The Witcher World Online someday with multiplayer gameplay modes in the style of RDR and GTA V.
I'm calling it now, this will happen at some point it.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's Big Story, Monster Hunting and Developing Geralt - Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom