TW3 Save game import

+
The thing is, they're never gonna give you a starting weapon that doesn't have crappy, starting-level stats. Doesn't matter if that weapon used to be the Ultra Super Mega Infinity Blade of Great Justice + 1. They've got a difficulty curve to maintain.

Exactly that. It was the same with The Witcher 1 to The Witcher 2. The Moon Blade was the best silver sword, the Mahakan the best steel and Raven's armor the best armor. At the second game they were but a glimpse of their previous versions. You can have the Vran Armor, the Caerm ( or Forgotten Vran) Steel the best silver sword, at The Witcher 3 they are gonna be low end gear. If they were top notch, why we would hunt for epic equipment and with better stats?

They could just make it so Geralt stored in a bank or something and he can get them mid/late game. Witcher 2 early game balance was fucked because of those items.

Item transfers ... bah! Saves needed to transfer decisions, relationships, reputation!! It'll be good to have some mechanism to create save games or state of relationships from previous game(s) by selecting them at the beginning of TW3, because player could lost them or something.

Like I cherished relationship with Tali during Mass Effect 1/2, lost game saves and than ... after many hours in ME3 I found Garrus with her in the engineering bay... It was ... cruel.

P.S. sory for my poor English

Posted by ariale (forgot the quote)
Exactly that. It was the same with The Witcher 1 to The Witcher 2. The Moon Blade was the best silver sword, the Mahakan the best steel and Raven's armor the best armor. At the second game they were but a glimpse of their previous versions. You can have the Vran Armor, the Caerm ( or Forgotten Vran) Steel the best silver sword, at The Witcher 3 they are gonna be low end gear. If they were top notch, why we would hunt for epic equipment and with better stats? end quote

^ Maybe Durability has worn off? :p
Anyways on a serious note the game would not be as fun if we had some uber armour just waiting in the bank turning the game into a cakewalk, it felt special when i completed ravens armour for sure, but that was the witcher 1, it felt good completing the Vran armour and take it for a spin, but i personally would like to see new armours i can parade with, same goes for swords.

Last edited:
Posted by ariale (forgot the quote)
Exactly that. It was the same with The Witcher 1 to The Witcher 2. The Moon Blade was the best silver sword, the Mahakan the best steel and Raven's armor the best armor. At the second game they were but a glimpse of their previous versions. You can have the Vran Armor, the Caerm ( or Forgotten Vran) Steel the best silver sword, at The Witcher 3 they are gonna be low end gear. If they were top notch, why we would hunt for epic equipment and with better stats? end quote

^ Maybe Durability has worn off? :p
Anyways on a serious note the game would not be as fun if we had some uber armour just waiting in the bank turning the game into a cakewalk, it felt special when i completed ravens armour for sure, but that was the witcher 1, it felt good completing the Vran armour and take it for a spin, but i personally would like to see new armours i can parade with, same goes for swords.

Certainly! Raven armor was, at the same time, an amazing armor and very fun to acquire. In The Witcher 2 I think maybe only Vran (as you mentioned) and the Sword Caerm (the one you get a manuscript to decripty at a quest in Chapter 3). I think will get some good surprises regarding armors. But I would like more singular quests to achieve them. It's was a little boring at the last game

So will The Witcher 1 choices matter Like Siegfried is alive and grandmaster or Yaevinn is alive and once again fights on Nilfgaardian side ?

So will The Witcher 1 choices matter Like Siegfried is alive and grandmaster or Yaevinn is alive and once again fights on Nilfgaardian side ?

We don't know, and it's unlikely that they'll share this kind of spoiler with us before the game comes out. But both of those decisions were carried forward to TW2, so it is theoretically possible for them to have some impact in TW3.

I can't see any spoiler in yes or no reply but whatever... Is anybody know what variables W2 save contain ?
Anyway lets hope for the best !

Unlikely that the choices made in the Witcher 1 will have any impact in Wild Hunt. Hell, they barely made impact on Witcher 2, aside from a few dialogue changes, a journal entry, and the ability to pass through the Red Rose camp. As for the choices in the Witcher 2 though, I believe they will have a much bigger impact. Especially if you bring the Roach playthrough. Since Novingrad is in Redania I doubt King Radovid will be very kind to the Geralt if he decided to give Annais to Temeria.

That being said, I Am curious as to how a clean playthrough of Witcher 3 will start. What choices will CDPR consider canon or Neutral.

I can't see any spoiler in yes or no reply but whatever... Is anybody know what variables W2 save contain ?
Anyway lets hope for the best !

Well If I'm not mistaken, we might have this variables (SPOILERS):
Spared Aryan or Killed him
Joined Roche on killing Loredo or Iorveth
Spared or Killed King Henselt (Roche Side)
Spared or Killed Prince Stennis (Iorveth Side)
Saved Tris and assured the Conclave restauration (Iorveth and Roche Side)
Gave Anais to King Radovid (Roche Side)
Gave Anais to John Natalis (Roche Side)
Saved Saskia from Philipa spell (Iorveth Side)
Spare or Kill the Dragon - A.K.A Saskia - ( Roche Side - always - Iorveth side if choosed to save Tris)
Spare or let Sile be crushed - (Roche and Iorveth side)
Plus our itens (amor and swords)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well If I'm not mistaken, we might have this variables (SPOILERS):
Spared Aryan or Killed him
Joined Roche on killing Loredo or Iorveth
Spared or Killed King Henselt (Roche Side)
Spared or Killed Prince Stennis (Iorveth Side)
Saved Tris and assured the Conclave restauration (Iorveth and Roche Side)
Gave Anais to King Radovid (Roche Side)
Gave Anais to John Natalis (Roche Side)
Saved Saskia from Philipa spell (Iorveth Side)
Spare or Kill the Dragon - A.K.A Saskia - ( Roche Side - always - Iorveth side if choosed to save Tris)
Spare or let Sile be crushed - (Roche and Iorveth side)
Plus our itens (amor and swords)
Spare or Kill Letho (Roche and Iorveth side)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spare or Kill Letho (Roche and Iorveth side)

One can dream, but this isn't impossible (TW1):

TW1 choices provided you save imported from TW1 to TW2. After all, Siegfried does show up in Loc Muinne - he even pardons you if you give Anais to Natalis. IIRC, the wiki says that the Order of the Flaming Rose attacks you, but if you sided with Siegfried, then Siegfried will pardon you (I guess). This would put a few more variables:

1. Side with Order of Flaming Rose vs. side with Scoiatael
2. Vincent Meis dead/alive
3. Abigail vs. Reverend (minor changes)
4. Thaler dead/alive (true temerian, hopefully turns up)
5. Adda (though I'd guess she'd only get a passing mention)

I'm hoping these choices are more prevalent in TW3 than in TW2, since TW3 likely has us returning to Vizima.

any plans for dragon age keap thighy for the witcher 3

I know i have powerfull armor and swords i get import and the choices i made across the witcher 1 and 2 on pc but what about people new to the game like the poor misguided console people namely the xbox one and ps4.

It has been mentioned in one of the interviews that in the prologue there might be some sort of mechanic to let you decide what kind of "world state" you will start the Witcher 3 with. Most probably it will be made through some dialogue choices.

It has been mentioned in one of the interviews that in the prologue there might be some sort of mechanic to let you decide what kind of "world state" you will start the Witcher 3 with. Most probably it will be made through some dialogue choices.

I hope you are right

Uhm. Like...Knights of the Old Republic 2?

Import saves Question

I was wondering something about the saves carrying over.
So i have beat the witcher 2 and went with Iorveth the whole way. But here's 2 questions:
(1) I most likely won't be getting the witcher 3 for my PC, which is where i played the witcher 2, but i will most likely get it on my PS4. So if i buy the witcher 2 on the PS3 now, can i import those saves to my PS4?(2) Or what i had in mind regarding game design in the Witcher 3 was having an option which could make you pick certain things that happened in the last games. And that would be a grand way to handle things with people who have played the 1-2 witcher games but have changed platforms. Just something i had in mind.

Top Bottom