NEW 6 minutes gameplay "teaser"

+
The only Xbox One video shown was Griffin fight, the everything else has been confirmed to be PC.
I find that hard to believe.Let me tell you why..
For example the latest gameplay videos,like Downwarren Is it on the pc? Why do we see xbox buttons and controller movement ? huh?

I find that hard to believe.Let me tell you why..
For example the latest gameplay videos,like Downwarren Is it on the pc? Why do we see xbox buttons and controller movement ? huh?
Well because it was played with a controller. It's the best device when you want to show off the game to an audience since the movement is slow and smooth, mouse movements are very fast and precise best to play but not to display.

Yeah, technology is a wonderful thing. It is amazing how you can have a UI for controllers, and a separate UI for mouse and keyboard and actually have the UI change based on what device you are using.

Welcome to 2014, enjoy your stay.

That only counts for good and caring developers of course :)

I do not know, if you think that Geralt is "too fast", i am sure that you are comparing the gameplay combat with another game, maybe we can see you viewpoint if you tell us about how the game should be or details about what.
If we speak about physical, maybe Geralt with the power of a mutant (bigger than humans) and a whole life of fight with his sword, he have developed a great technique for swing faster his sword, also, he have a "witcher" sword, which is different to a normal sword

I think the movements in the gameplay are accelerated
Anyway, I think the sword swings themselves are not the thing that bother me the most, rather the transitions between the animations. CDPR said it will look fluid, that is not fluid. The transition are choppy.
Anyway, you ask how do I do want the combat to look like? Like this: http://youtu.be/TZ_G6XiHoUA?t=1m9s This is fluid, this is good

I think this have been asked before but does anyone know if it's possible to actually turn that UI off Completely? After watching the newest demo one of my favourite thing about it was that before Geralt started running downhill there was NO HUD, and it was really immersive. Any thoughts on that, because I can't remember such option in Wticher 2.

I think this have been asked before but does anyone know if it's possible to actually turn that UI off Completely? After watching the newest demo one of my favourite thing about it was that before Geralt started running downhill there was NO HUD, and it was really immersive. Any thoughts on that, because I can't remember such option in Wticher 2.
You can press "H" in TW2 and all HUD is hidden.

I think the movements in the gameplay are accelerated
Anyway, I think the sword swings themselves are not the thing that bother me the most, rather the transitions between the animations. CDPR said it will look fluid, that is not fluid. The transition are choppy.
Anyway, you ask how do I do want the combat to look like? Like this: http://youtu.be/TZ_G6XiHoUA?t=1m9s This is fluid, this is good

you mean animations stopping before they should??

They did something like this in W2 where you couldn't interrupt an animation similar to Dark Souls and we all know how that turned out, people hated it.

My suggestion to you is just play the game how you want to, by waiting for the animation to finish before moving to the next one realistically.

I think that what combat lacks is the fluid transitions between the different animations, because now it looks like Geralt moves like an android instead of a living being. I hope CDPR is spending their time on making the best animations they can. Right now it looks really... wierd.

I agree that it looks weird, I think however it might just be the best of both worlds. Thinking about it, it's better if you can interrupt your moves. And the mere fact that there are so many animations for the combat pose the problem that there can't possibly be a perfect transition between all of them, at least not without a hell of a lot more work.

I try to see those quick lightning-moves as artistic/visual metaphor and representation of Geralts superhuman speed. In the books he is always described as having a lot more speed in combat than a normal human being.

Maybe they should tweak it here and there. But hey, this is a demo. For all we know this demo might be an earlier version of the game, which is the case very often with demos.

I don't see the 'weirdness' that people complain about idk, Geralt performs a swing and stays in that pose till you trigger the next swing which starts from that pose I can't imagine any better way to transition.

Maybe they should tweak it here and there. But hey, this is a demo. For all we know this demo might be an earlier version of the game, which is the case very often with demos.
It is actually, same build as E3 that was confirmed.

I don't see the 'weirdness' that people complain about idk, Geralt performs a swing and stays in that pose till you trigger the next swing which starts from that pose I can't imagine any better way to transition.

It is actually, same build as E3 that was confirmed.

In that video I do see a minor transition issue, but I didn't see that at all at the Gamescom presentation.
Could it be that they did a few tweaks or used a newer build at Gamescom ?

Because it looked perfectly fine there....

You can press "H" in TW2 and all HUD is hidden.
TW2 on XB360 did not have this/these option(s), I wanted to turn off all HUD/Floating Names & Enemy Healthbars so bad.
This is one of the things I want the most in TW3, just to have the option(s) to turn All this stuff Off/On when ever I want.
I really.. really.. hope next gen console players like me get this option(s) too, it would be a dream come true.
Really;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom