Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
please be Leo Bonhart i realy want to kill him and take the medalions

edit: is it just me or is there one more person starting to show between Ciri and Yennefer?

Leo is dead, so you'll have to kill someone else. :)

Yep, there's another and it looks like it could be Vesemir.

Some introduction to the intro by Eurogamer

The action takes place near the Temerian kingdom's capital of Vizima, and follows Geralt and his witcher mentor Vesemir in pursuit of powerful sorceress Yennefer - Geralt's long lost love.

Yennefer sent Geralt a letter asking for a meet, but the village they were to rendezvous at was destroyed. Where to next? Geralt - you - must follow the trail.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-24-the-extravagant-witcher-3-intro-cinematic-is-here

Yennefer sent Geralt a letter asking for a meet, but the village they were to rendezvous at was destroyed. Where to next? Geralt - you - must follow the trail.

If Yennefer has lost her memory as Geralt did, how she was supposed to send a letter to Geralt if she wasn't even able to remember him? I'm missing something?

Nice to see the Combat encounters play out a little differently, I think it looks fantastic.. I know this is the same build, but without the player dashing about every 0.5 seconds everything seemed to flow better and even the animation variety seemed a little better in this version.
Only thing that worried me is it looked like Geralt seemed to just be able to Parry infinitely? Didn't really notice his energy go down and that was the only thing that kept parrying from turning into Assassin's Creed level stupid in TW2 was that you lost Vigor and you had to be smart about its use, would be really disappointing if you can just infinitely parry in TW3.

Battles going for longer meant more of the battle music played out and shit I just ADORE it. I cannot express how much I just love everything we've heard so far in regards to the Music.

In the middle of the Water Hag fight, it's just an activation of the effect. The potion uses available then go down to 2/3, which gets replenished when Geralt meditates later on, before the Werewolf fight. There it gets used again.

But let's continue that here, please: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/28983-The-Witcher-3-Alchemy-System

Anyway, another thing worth noting is that Geralt goes into fist-fighting mode after defeating the Tree Spirit. We already knew it wouldn't be QTE-based, but it's interesting to see it happen. This also implies that we'll be able to use our fists whenever we want, which could mean the planned feature from TW2, where you could beat people up instead of killing them, might get implemented here, but that's a bit of a stretch probably.

Last edited:
Nice to see the Combat encounters play out a little differently, I think it looks fantastic.. I know this is the same build, but without the player dashing about every 0.5 seconds everything seemed to flow better and even the animation variety seemed a little better in this version.
Only thing that worried me is it looked like Geralt seemed to just be able to Parry infinitely? Didn't really notice his energy go down and that was the only thing that kept parrying from turning into Assassin's Creed level stupid in TW2 was that you lost Vigor and you had to be smart about its use, would be really disappointing if you can just infinitely parry in TW3.

Battles going for longer meant more of the battle music played out and shit I just ADORE it. I cannot express how much I just love everything we've heard so far in regards to the Music.

Where is this video? Never mind.
I like what you said but then again vigor was lame in TW2 if you ask me, I still don't understand it to this very day.
I think Geralt should be able to block/parry when ever he wants, as much as he wants. Watching vigor is not fun to me and becomes a chore/waste of time.
I want combat to flow like real life action, not some meter/lifebare watching video game haha..
In the end maybe dark mode will make you happy;)

Last edited:
Video is back one page on 167.

I could write a paragraph on my thoughts of Vigor in TW2 (Good & Bad), but ultimately it was clunky in some aspects, but "bar watching" or labeling it as a "chore" is total crap. All it took was the occasional glance in combat to check how much you had, after awhile you could usually you could keep track of it anyway without looking, and that was all part of mastering the game.

To me, there almost always needs to be a penalty for blocking/parrying, or else it just makes many combat encounters boring and way too easy. God of War had this issue, Assassin's Creed has this issue... There's no penalty and so all you do is hold down a button and you literally cannot die. I have 0 issues with the change away from Vigor as a separate point based system, but you NEED some kind of payment for parrying/blocking in an action game like this or else it'll become like the pre-patched Quen in TW2 for TW3, which becomes a some super dumb easy way out for tons of encounters in the game.
Dark Souls has endurance consumption, Batman requires timing, Witcher 2 had vigor... You need something.

Last edited:
If someone want to know, how The Witcher 3 sounds in polish:

Thanks for this friend, I play the games with polish voices so it was great to hear it, and to see the different playthrough.

Do you happen to know of a link to the maximum video quality for this version of the demo? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for this friend, I play the games with polish voices so it was great to hear it, and to see the different playthrough.

Do you happen to know of a link to the maximum video quality for this version of the demo? I'd appreciate it.
As soon as I find out I write in :)

English version is really good. I think that one time I will play W3 in english.
But first I will play in polish.

This game will be so good. Immersion mmm.... like reading a new book :)

This game will be so good. Immersion mmm.... like reading a new book :)

So much this. It is what I feel like watching the gameplay video for 10th time, and now the new playthrough on Polish (even though I only know like 3 Polish words (and all of them are rude, thanks @Sagitarii) I still feel fully immersed when in the inn with Djikstra, atmosphere is just perfect, English or Polish version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom