Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Do the important quests in each region, pick side quests only if you need to level up.
Agreed. I want to fire all those requisition officers. I only do their crap if I'm hurting for Power which I never am.

And I felt cheated on the silverite as well.

Agreed. I want to fire all those requisition officers. I only do their crap if I'm hurting for Power which I never am.

And I felt cheated on the silverite as well.
The most annoying part is that there are a couple of requisitions in the game that involve crap that lands in valuables and gets automatically sold if you say "sell all". Spider ichor and dwarven stuff... So you get the quest popping up every few minutes or the requisition guys annoying you every time you get close to a camp.

Well that and the horrendous design that monster parts fall in valuables and get sold with them, but the merchants are nearer than the monster parts table in haven, in skyhold you can at least fast-travel to the top of the stairs..
So you always have to run to the chantry first to run back and sell crap. See no wonder nobody ever travels through the war-table, not going to run back to the war-table after running back and fort to the merchant. If they'd just set them in the same category as quest stuff it wouldn't have been that bad.

LLLOOOOOLLLL It took them over 2k almost 3 to realize he only gives bloodstone?? Wowzers.

Ores are nothing when you remember to duplicate them. Normally I'd feel bad about cheating, but I already did it legit once. I am not spending hours of my life farming for rare ores ever again.

---------- Updated at 12:40 PM ----------

As for silverite, take the path in emprise du lion that takes you to the red templars next to a camp site. It's a cave, plenty of bloodstone, plenty of silverite, and it respawns every time you load up the place. Easy peasy. It's the place you walk through to get to the large broken bridge.

---------- Updated at 12:41 PM ----------

Silverite's nothing compared to Stormheart stone though. Which you get in Crestwood underground. That's what I use. Best stuff next to dragonbone.

Well it was a script that did the mission once every few seconds. That guy only wrote down the results.

Silverite is more important though, only metal that allows you to slap heavy armor on your mages and rogues. And nothing is more hilarious than mages in templar heavy armor. and Silverite and stormhearth give the exact same armor value. Silverite is just a whole lot easier to get in large quantities without cheating.

If I wanted to cheat materials in, I'd just use cheat engine. lot less work than the duplicate bug.

I didn't know you could get Stormheart in Crestwood :O

But yeah tbh collecting the Silverite myself is hardly a chore but I feel betrayed by Cullen because he mentions silverite and then never delivers.

Also now I'm back at uni I no longer have access to DA:I. In a way I think this is probably good as by the time I was leaving home yesterday I was going through the Fallow Mire (on nightmare level difficulty) feeling as though I was going to lose the will to live. I came across a rift and an arcane horror appeared, dragged all my mages towards it one by one and one hit killed them all, leaving only Cassandra who I just about managed to save by running away immediately.

And now I'm going to play DA2 again, but I bought the Legacy DLC so I can actually meet Corypheus as Hawke, since I never did that before Inquisition and had no idea who he was.

---------- Updated at 05:56 PM ----------

Silverite is more important though, only metal that allows you to slap heavy armor on your mages and rogues. And nothing is more hilarious than mages in templar heavy armor.

The Templar armour is absolutely hideous on mages though :( But it looks great on Cole.

Yea, I would never put heavy armor on anyone but warriors, so the import there isn't for me. As for cheat engine, the duplication glitch takes a mere few seconds *shrug* I'm using cheat engine to wear armor in skyhold.

Some heavy armour works well though. I had my mage in a really cute heavy armour that suited her and made her invincible. And I saw a post on tumblr of Dorian in this really nice heavy armour outfit that looked amazing.

Sadly Vivienne's outfit in heavy armour is borderline offensive ugly so it pains me to put her in it.

Well, guys. IGN gave Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for 2014 and their video about it is pretty awful, so I'm going to leave it here for the LOLs.

[video=youtube;-krq9X11uTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-krq9X11uTQ[/video]

On a related topic, Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty apparently quit IGN.

Last edited:
I can certainly see them giving EA their share there and exaggerating things, but it's a stretch to say it's awful.

Better then giving Mordor GOTY or Hearthstone ( Lol at that ).

Last edited:
I agree that DA:I deserves GOTY but that's only because I only really play fantasy RPGs and no other great fantasy RPGs came out this year.

Also playing DA2 has made me realise how funny Hawke is compared to the Inquisitor.

I can certainly see them giving EA their share there and exaggerating things, but it's a stretch to say it's awful.
Oh, I didn't mean that DA:I doesn't deserve the award, I meant that IGN's video is awful. Last year they gave GOTY to TLOU and their video was really similar. They're always overdramatic and they act as if their GOTY is a life changing experience. Pretty dumb, IMO.

Last edited:
Oooh we're on page 666

yup

Oh my lord they told a damn lie... I love DAI obviously, but the storytelling was certainly not good enough to equate to literature, and na the game totes comes to an end... those "sidequests" you "missed" are more times than not fetchquests you ignored, LOL. This isn't Skyrim by a long shot.

IGN you blow.

Will add the reason it feels a lot like single player MMO, like KOA also did is because it was a MP only game re purposed into what we have now.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-age-inquisition-began-as-a-multiplayer-only/1100-6423362/

K after having finished the game properly i will say its a good 7 out of 10, if they patch and fix the combat related bugs, make the UI better and some other random stuff like banter and music i might bump my score to 8 out of 10. But at this point in time a 7 which is on the generous side slightly. Overall a good game hobbled a bit by shoddy UI and controls (KB+M) and some weird design decisions.

Last edited:
How do you duplicate ores, through the cheat engine? Don't use.

I also had a heavy armor set for my mage and liked it. Solas still looked like a hobo in the same set though.

How do you duplicate ores

Send at least two to the valuables section in your inventory, make sure that's all that's there, click sell all and sell at the same time somewhat, with sell all coming a bit first, then buy them back. Rinse and repeat.

edit: It's the same as before, except you're sending it to "valuables" not a junk section.

Haven't played any of those so I can't say~

Then you shouldn't say 'no other great fantasy RPGs came out this year' because that's a bold faced lie. 2014 was the year of the resurgence of the cRPG, including the fantasy genre. Normally I wouldn't mind but when I see people heralding Inquisition as the RPG of the year without having played any other RPGs, that kinda gets my blood boiling. This has been the first year in over a decade which has seen the release of so many amazing RPGs so just flat out ignoring all these games is pretty insulting. [/endrant]

Top Bottom