Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just continue to be more and more disappointed at Witcher Senses and their apparent hand-holding nature, as well as the rigid scripted-ness of their implementation.

Sounds great art wise but zero fun and gameplay, so I hope they dont use them a lot.
Can't really judge it yet, it sounds cool to me bro ;)

Not... really the point there, misho. :lol:

(Haven't played Origins, but City had crime scenes)

Yeah, I know.. but as I was reading that part, I was like " the were crime scenes in City?" - yes, there were :) but they were bacically the same as in Asylum, no?.. Origins had some interesting crime scene investigations and I would like to think that they were too the inspirations for W3 clues finding

I'll just continue to be more and more disappointed at Witcher Senses and their apparent hand-holding nature, as well as the rigid scripted-ness of their implementation.

Sounds great art wise but zero fun and gameplay, so I hope they dont use them a lot.

I agree. There is a way to reduce the hand holding feeling, and it is the implementation of several different footprints, allowing the player to recognise himself what footprint belongs to the monster he is chasing.

I agree. There is a way to reduce the hand holding feeling, and it is the implementation of several different footprints, allowing the player to recognise himself what footprint belongs to the monster he is chasing.

I'd go as far as saying there are dozens of ways, literally, to make WS an actual game, thats why I'm disappointed with the apparent design of WS, although I have to play it myself to really know. Actually, its that and that Ziemak said the idea is that WS would need some player skills, I never forgot that lol

At least it sounds really nice, seeing Geralt solving the case and the imagined scenes of what happened, should give us more good cutscenes to look at.

I'd go as far as saying there are dozens of ways, literally, to make WS an actual game, thats why I'm disappointed with the apparent design of WS, although I have to play it myself to really know. Actually, its that and that Ziemak said the idea is that WS would need some player skills, I never forgot that lol

At least it sounds really nice, seeing Geralt solving the case and the imagined scenes of what happened, should give us more good cutscenes to look at.

Yeah, hopefully, its just the earlier ones that are so straight forward. It was such a cool idea in Arkham Origins that is completely ruined by a lack of compelling gameplay.

So I just read in the article:
http://www.z-giochi.com/news/en/the...mplete-npcs-speak-with-british-accents-139953
that "Gamemasters" said in a preview of the game that it is 85% complete.
Can anyone confirm this? And will it be around 100% complete by May?

So what does everyone think?

:hatsoff:
FILTHYKOALA
It's just their guess, nothing official from the developer. I wouldn't take it too seriously, since they did it for every game preview in their recent issue. (Uncharted 4- 70%, Battlefield Hardline, 95%, Batman Arkham Knight- 80%)

I think it safe to say it's nonesense. CDPR has stated the game itself is completed, they're just optimizing it. And in what way complete? 85% done in optimizing or total development, and do they then take into account the DLC and future (possible) expansion and Enhanced Edition?

So I want to know were they base those numbers on.

I couldn't agree more. I can live with hand-holding if I must, I've gotten used to it since many of the modern games are like that, but the (seemingly) scripted nature of the mechanic is quite disappointing. I mean it would've been awesome to track some random monster but it looks like it won't happen.

I hope we can at least stumble upon quests (without quest markers) if we randomly activate the senses from time to time. Maybe we'll get to see some random tracks or we will follow a sound that we could otherwise not hear. It isn't impossible, I hope they've used it creatively and it isn't just 'medallion 2.0'.

Last edited:
I didnt try it in Batman origins but I hope it does improve as we advance in the game.

In Batman they would, literally, tell you what to do through every step. You'd enter the crime scene and Batman would say to himself "The suspect must have left gun residue on the desk. So you walk over and scan the desk, then you get a cutscene of the guy firing gun. Then Batman would say "the bullet went through the wall over there, I should scan that".. And so on until its solved. It still manages to be fun seeing it play out, but its frustrating since your only involvement is scanning exactly what/when Batman tells you to.

I don't mind the witcher senses so much going by what I've seen in the gameplays so far, I would very much prefer it be a medallion 2.0 highlighting things that can be interacted with instead of holding my hand for everything plus it sounds pretty much like what Geralt's been doing investigating, except things time you get to use the witcher senses and find a trails of clues instead of running around like a headless chicken till you stumble upon one like say the Cedric one, especially in terms of an open-world that would be painfully frustrating.

My biggest complaint with the Batman games is that the Detective Mode is something you have to rely on entirely, there is no reason to switch off the 'Detective Mode' and you need it every few seconds for something or the other. If Witcher senses doesn't come to that level I don't think I'll be bothered.

lol don't you think your being over dramatic? CDPR has said that the content is locked and all there doing now is clearing up bugs.so I think it means 85% done with that. In which case that is more than enough time to reach 100% especially by may. I think the worse that could happen is a sizeable day one patch. I Think they learned there lesson the 2nd time they were being hopeful with the release date. Several journalist also confirmed the game was basically complete, and those that encountered glitches said it was the type that could definitely be cleared up by release, which is what there doing.

At the Polish forum we've established that 85% means time of production of TW3. 15% is the time from now till May.

That would imply the game has only been in development for 2 years (Less actually going by pure math) which seems like utter baloney. (Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean)

Last edited:
The last 15 % are probably the bug fixes, optimalization procces and so on.. the content is fixed .. why are people suddenly so dramatic? If the game would be 100 %, then we would already be playing the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom