The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+

Guest 3790055

MSI's 970 is quite popular too, I'd buy the cheapest between this one and Gigabyte one.

So now that has been "confirmed" that a 980 is enough to run the game in ultra at 60 fps, do you guys think that my EVGA 780 SC will run it at 40-45fps in ultra? :)

PD: i5 3570k oc-ed to 4.3 ghz.

Last edited:
The MSI 970s overclock like a mofo. I can easily go over 1.5GHz core clock without any voltage adjustments.

Gigabyte ones also have great overclocking potential, I can reach slightly over 1.5 Ghz on both of my cards without voltage tweaking but those are 980s. Still both 980 and 970 have the same GM204 chip, it's the magic of Maxwell.

Your CPU is close to stated minimum (i5 2500k) performance wise but still a powerful processor. A single GTX 580 is slightly below the stated minimum (GTX 660) so depending on how well SLI is implemented, I say you can do med-high but that 1.5 GB vram sounds fishy, should be 2 GB at least to start with.

Thanks, well if I can achieve medium settings then I'll be quite happy because I think even medium graphical settings will make for stunning visuals in TW3. Much like TW2.

With the new gameplay out, the game is coming and I'm bit worried if my gtx 660ti will hold it on May 19. BUT What worries me most is the optimization and the graphical quality that I can achieve on 1080p 30 fps. The devs had stated that PC on minimum will look worse than consoles xbox/ ps4, so this means that my PC will not handle this game as good as a PS4 but in other games like DA:Inquisition, Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation I can achieve better quality (DA: Inquisition textures, vegetation, water, geometry on ultra and others on high) than a PS4, I know that I should not compare games, but c'mon, why these high requirements? since was stated the consoles will be almost like High settings( wich is a good gtx770 or a rx290 dear lord) this things just hapens on Ubisoft games wich means bad ports. I really don't understand. Is CDProjekt making a bad optimization on pc? ( even GTA5 have really understandable requirements and it looks that will be really optimized to achieve the full potential of pc's)

Last edited:
think I'll be able to play it on medium+ ?

Probably :)

Is CDProjekt making a bad optimization on pc?

Nah i don't think it has anything to do with optimization. It's just a much more demanding game. If that you think that you got night/day cycle, dynamic weather system, NPCs that have activities according to time of day, areas/villages changing based on what you, looters/monsters being attracted by corspses and fighting each other behind the scenes around the world and so many more systems that i obviously forget or don't even know you can get the picture.

My guess is that all these things take quite a large amount of resources to take place so if you add that the game is open world and it has these really great graphics you can understand why it has such demands.

Despite that, i am pretty confident that the game will run really well and maybe even better than expected, if you take into account that the requirements were posted and there were about 4+ months to optimize the game :)

Last edited:
I hope someone can answer if the game will run above 30fps at 1080p with a r9 270 4gb card and all other system specs matching recommended requirements with all graphics settings maxed with only AA, Motion Blur and DOF disabled. If not, I'll sell my current card and get a GTX970 or 980.

Last edited:
I hope someone can answer if the game will run above 30fps @1080p with a r9 270 4gb card and all other system specs matching recommended requirements with all graphics settings maxed with only AA, Motion Blur and DOF disabled. If not, I'll sell my current card and get a GTX970 or 980.

Really can't say but if you can, go for a 970 i'd say.

Are there any news about how big the DLCs and the expansion packs will be?

I just replaced my SSD for Windows and now i'm planning to use my old SSD (~55GB usable space) for The Witcher 3. The system requierement says 40GB HDD, but i assume this is just the bare game with no patches, DLCs, etc...

I have an i5-2500k overclocked to 4.5Ghz with 8GB of RAM and a single EVGA GTX 980 Classified. So, based on the article from Gamestarde, where it was said that a GTX 980 ran TW3 on ultra at an almost constant 60FPS, in terms of my setup what sort of performance hit would I take to run this game in ultra in 2560x1440? I roughly figure around 30FPS..40FPS, optimistically..

I also have another rig same exact setup with the exception that I have two GTX 970's in SLI, now given that it is truly a 3.5GB card and I want to run on ultra settings at 1440p, would any of you recommend one over the other? Which rig would see better performance overall at that res.

Top Bottom