Benchmark/demo petition before game launching

+
I think a benchmark is a great idea, I'm hoping to play it at 4K with my i7 4790k and R9 295X2 rig so a benchmark would be perfect to check whether I might need to install an extra 290X in tri-fire to hit that magic 60 FPS while maxing everything out.

I'd rather it not be a demo as I wouldn't want to spoil any of the story before I have the full game.

With regard to the recommended specification they are only really relevant if you are using a single GPU at 1080p, anything beyond that (4K, Eyefinity) where you need multiple GPU's in Crossfire/SLI the recommended specs are not that great to go off IMO.

Hi fellow Witcher fans, yes yes first post etc.... consider this my signature on the petition as well.

I don't care to analyze as to why or why not its not a good idea to release a demo (and personally I think its foolish and a waste of time), I simply just ask myself "would I like to play The Witcher 3 as a demo before the release?" Hell yes, we have over a month still to wait for release, they are OBVIOUSLY now working on expansion packs or may even be done with them by now, why not release the equivalent gameplay to that- that is shown in the "first 15 minutes of gameplay" by IGN? I REALLY don't get why anyone of sound mind wouldn't want to play a demo for whatever reason.

Official System Requirements aren't really 100% accurate.
For Example Metal Gear Solid GZ has this as min. requirements:

• Processor: Core i5-4460 (3.20GHz) or better *Quad-Core or better
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 graphics card required)

I have a Core 2 Duo E8400 @3 Ghz and HD6870 and it runs really smooth on mid/high settings.

So yeah, I'm waiting for a benchmark tool to see if it runs on my PC :praying:

please CDP Red, if you could release one that would be great.

somebody may contact with the CDPRED staff, maybe we can have a answer, I am upgrading my gpu for this game +400$ and it would be very helpfull

Benchmark would tell if my CPU can cope well enough with this game. If they do release a bencmark I guess it'll be out the same time or later as the game since they are working on it till the end.

Here's 1 more vote of confidence for a benchmark release.
I'd like to prep. my computer in advance, if necessary.

Of course, AMD / NVIDIA still need appropriate drivers, tweaks are still being made and maybe it's just too darn early.
Yet, one can hope :)

Like everything else not focussed on release on schedule at this point, good ideas and bad, this isn't very likely.

Yeah, either or both would be a great idea from a consumer standpoint. I'd love a benchmark demo for final upgrade purposes and I'd love a general demo because it'd be fun! Also because then people could try-before-buy, which I think is an essential component of a healthy marketplace.

But neither is in any way likely, if they haven't been announced by now, just over four weeks from release.

Four weeks. Fouuuuur weeks. So close, kids! Start booking your vacation time.

Don't toy with my emotions! Your own signature says 5weeks, 1 day. I almost thought I'd skipped a week when I read that!
Weeellll..you know, it's the 13. Game comes out on the 19th of next month. That's, what, a month and a bit? So, you know, kind of four weeks!

Really, look at it this way - we're closer to three weeks than two months!

So...very...close..

Anyone know how many sleeps that is?

Benchmark tool CDPR or demo version please!

Like many people in PC gaming, fans of the witcher series, haven't pre-order or intend to buy the game until confirmation that the game can run on their PC's. I hear a lot on min and recommend specs for witcher 3 but it is my experience those usually are over rated.
For instance, i bought my laptop in late 2012. It's an i7 3610 or something, nvidia GT635m, 8gbddr3. In theory, doesn't fill Witcher 3 minimum specs. But i can run most (recent) games at their maximum, even when geforce experience says to use minimum, without any issues. Specifically i am talking of alien isolation or shadow of mordor. in fact the only game i have issues is Attila, who needs some of those effects to be turn off to run smoothly, but even this i think is game optimization problem since Rome 2 flys at maximum. Witcher 2 runs at max with only uber sample off.
So i ask CDPR to release on steam either a demo version or a benchmark tool that truly allows me to test the game in my rig. For those like me, support this thread please. If there's already something like this in forums i apologize.

In-game Benchmark?

Well i don't know if the game has an in-game benchmark or not but it would be very useful. I know it ain't going to happen this late but still it helps alot to decide if you want to keep some settings on or off and see the overall performance in many different scenarios and not just in one place.

Also testing the settings before starting the game is nice because you don't have to go through the intro and dialogues and whatnot with settings you might think will provide fluid gameplay. You don't also have to run around trying to find "heavy" areas to test your minimum fps or trying to find areas with water etc.

Top Bottom