Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
It's a toss up for me between Gopher and the one by Remigiusz Maciaszek. Both were informative and distinctly useful.

There was less raw information in Gopher's videos, but it had the advantage (for me) of being in a language I understand. Can't speak to the quality of narration in the other video, but *far* more details of systems were visible.

MAJOR BOOKS SPOILER ALARM! Don't read if you haven't read the books yet.

I'm afraid this is exactly what it is.

Geralt of Rivia mutated to be faster and stronger than the fastest humans, who has been wielding swords for at least 80 years, is slower than Ciri. A girl in her 20s who showed talent with a sword.
This is without taking into consideration that Geralt was subjected to further mutations which makes him even faster than the rest of the Witchers, and the fact that Ciri is not even a mutant makes it more ridiculous.

In order to defend the ridiculousness of this decision people argue that Bonhart killed Witchers. If Ciri was able to kill Bonhart, then Geralt would have ripped Bonhart's asshole a new one.

And then I hear Geralt is a vessel and Ciri is the main character.

Give me a fucking break.
There is a basic misconception here: the one that "real" characters work like robots or purely mathematicallay driven virtual entities. Ciri and Geralt were "real" characters in the books. A "real" fight can lead to many outcomes. Even the best sword fighter might die in a simple fight, no matter if theoretically(!!!) nobody should be able to beat him. Real characters make mistakes. Real characters do ingenious or stupid things. Real characters have emotions that might lead to victory or defeat no matter the skill factor.

So no, if Ciri was able to kill Bonhart then there is no way to say for sure that Geralt would have beaten him as well in a real fight. That's just not how "real" characters in a "real" situation work.

And I might remember you that the world's best sword fighter died at the hand of a poor peasants without any weapon skill at all at the end of the books. That completely destroys your theory. Not even to mention that Vilgefortz, the world's most powerful person, was killed by the hand of a simple Witcher, not because he had more skill but because Vilgefortz made a crucial mistake in their last encounter - and Geralt had the element of surprise on his side. It's the little things that can radically change the outcome of a real encounter.

So give me a fucking break, yeah. Don't make up arguments based on the misconception that people were robots... ;)

The video of ImAnderZel left me kinda little bit sad. Combat system doesn't sound good to him ... hopefully he is totally wrong.

Of course the combat system is not the most important thing in a rpg, but one of the pillars, at least for me

The video of ImAnderZel left me kinda little bit sad. Combat system doesn't sound good to him ... hopefully he is totally wrong.

Of course the combat system is not the most important thing in a rpg, but one of the pillars, at least for me

In that video, he just use rolling to get away from enemies, or just stand there take the hits. He doesn't know how to fight yet.

Attachments

• ciri.JPG
    ciri.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 37
In that video, he just use rolling to get away from enemies, or just stand there take the hits. He doesn't know how to fight yet.
If he is that bad, then it'd be like me saying I hate the combat... I suck at combat usually if it ever has more than click to attack :p Getting new 10 button mouse so maybe that will help me, and if I for a change put some effort into learning it rather than switching to easy difficulty... *preps to learn combat system for a change*

I have a feeling this game is going to be worth the effort. That I guess is why I liked the ME style of combat, left click to attack then button to pause/popup menu then left click to select what special attack you wanted to use... very simple... Don't hate me, i just have such limited time...(okay I'm lazy :p)

Well, he isn't good with gamepad, and it was visible in the newest video pretty clearly... in other videos, like in Gopher's, even though he too doesn't play games with gamepad, he was way better in this and in his videos the combat looks really great

Yeah, I noticed that too. But I'm not worried. To balance that, you have this :)

- He insanely enjoyed the combat. It clicked together completely after about 4 hours with the game. He liked what the open world adds to the combat.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...tcher-3-News?p=1623060&viewfull=1#post1623060

It's up to personal taste. Did you enjoy TW2's combat? I did. Quite a lot. Even with all its flaws. So I'm expecting that I'll really enjoy myself with TW3's improvements. To me it's as simple as that. I don't see a scenario where TW3's combat is less good than 2's, so I'm covered.

Also,

http://i.giphy.com/xTiTnHRLgEWLs6Ttni.gif
https://gfycat.com/FlakyGoodKakapo

These two GIFs single-handedly win me over.

Last edited:

That might very well happen, however ImAnderZel is not the one I'll listen to in this case. Considering how horrendously awful he was playing (no offense) I'm not quite sure if that's not more of a personal issue.

It was painful watching him "fight", he was constantly rolling and just mashing the buttons.
He didn't get the combat system at all and it seems like he didn't get it in the previous games as well. Maybe he should play on easy, just for the story.

-> The Prophecy #1

:p

i dont think that it will be plausible , because ciri even though she has magic , she is not mutated . So no killing monsters for her.

anyway no offense , a female protagonist would definitely be 'off' in a time period where males were dominant

i dont think that it will be plausible , because ciri even though she has magic , she is not mutated . So no killing monsters for her.

anyway no offense , a female protagonist would definitely be 'off' in a time period where males were dominant

Well...Ciri consider herself like a witcheress, and even if she is not mutated, has the same abilities and training.
And a female protagonist, in a world where males were dominant, would be awesome.

yes i have read the books, ( except the lady of the lake) , but still , even the books agree that there were no female witchers and triss even tried to prevent any othe the witchers from trying to give her adipose mutating stuff

PS - i was referring to warriors ( i know there are exceptions like ciris grandma , the female warrior tribe who protect the golden dragon) , not sorceresses
reading the books, i just feel a little queasy imagining what would happen if ciri were captured ...you know what i am referring to . thats why i didnot want a female protagonist.Sorry , been a few years since i read those books, so the names are a bit rusty

Last edited:
yes i have read the books, ( except the lady of the lake) , but still , even the books agree that there were no female witchers and triss even tried to prevent any othe the witchers from trying to give her adipose mutating stuff

PS - i was referring to warriors ( i know there are exceptions like ciris grandma , the female warrior tribe who protect the golden dragon) , not sorceresses
reading the books, i just feel a little queasy imagining what would happen if ciri were captured ...you know what i am referring to . thats why i didnot want a female protagonist.Sorry , been a few years since i read those books, so the names are a bit rusty

I don't see why Ciri HAS to be a "real" witcher or why she HAS to be mutated.

Obviously Leo Bonhart wasn't a witcher but he was able to kill some of them. So you don't have to be a witcher to able to become a damn good sword fighter. Some years are gone since the books and in the meantime Ciri could have become incredibly powerful as a fighter, even more so than Geralt himself
don't forget that she can travel through time and space and so the "normal" 4th dimension (aka time) doesn't apply to her in the same way as it applies to everyone else
... ;)

Top Bottom