Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm Sorceress Kate Beckinsale.

Whoa! Can't stand her.

Yes, in the Spanish ones Yen calls Ciri "my daugther" a few times, and Ciri calls her "mom" many times, specially in the last book.

In polish Version OF THE GAME, she calls her daughter once, If I remember correctly it's at their reunion in Kaer Morhen, and there's also something about sister (dont remember though if Ciri calls that Triss or vice versa).

Last edited:
and ya know, do.... things together :)
Oh I know exactly what you mean ;)
Oh yeah - they did really great job with her model - I mean as someone said here she is one of the most beautiful animated woman in a game.
I agree. When I saw the trailer, I was so hyped about her looks. Later in game they had changed her look. First I was like "Wait that's not what I was hoping to see" but eventually I liked the actual one better. It has also a lot to to with her Animation/Facial Expression while she talks. I think CDPR made a great job there,

Eh, fantasy casting should never be constrained by time/space or logic.

Though I don't mind a mature Yennefer. She's still outrageously hot. :)

I will also say, guys, if there is a theoretical "New Game+ Mode" I am going to show my support for the Yenneferites by having a save devoted to Geralt of Rivia with his dark haired lady and if there isn't, I'm still going to go with my Pro-Nilfgaard, Pro-Yennefer take on the subject. I may not be able to give Ciri up to Emhyr, though, so it'll be tough.

But yes, Ciri and Yennefer are two of my favorite characters in fantasy period.

A little story:

When I was just getting started writing, I was trying to figure out what sort of books I wanted to write. The fantasy market appeared to be dying and there were no publishers looking for epic fantasy at the time (HA! How times change) so I put aside my big thoughts of the series I really wanted to write, Wraith Knight, and focused on my Urban Fantasy novel Esoterrorism (coming out on the 8th of July), before doing my superhero novel, The Rules of Supervillainy, here, for fun.

That was when I decided to read the Witcher series for the first time and I got really frustrated not only with the then-just-released The Last Wish and The Blood of Elves. I was really annoyed when I realized The Blood of Elves made no sense (being the 3rd rather than the 2nd book) so I sought out the fan translations. I fell in love with Yennefer and Ciri and their journeys across the Continent as well as their powerful relationship. I thought Yennefer's falling into motherhood with Ciri was touching as was her slightly-chiding relationship, too. They were a perfect pair and started me thinking about how I would write my own characters.

After I finished the series, I re-read it again, and then started writing my epic fantasy series. I had no intentions of it being published because I didn't think anyone would want to read it (failing to recognize how big Game of Thrones would become) but everyone I shared it with said, "This is really good." The main female leads weren't Ciri or Yennefer but I drew inspiration for their voice and relationships from Sapkowski's writings. And then, much to my surprise, my publishing house was very interested and asked me to put off other projects for them. Hence Wraith Knight and Wraith Lord will be coming out in 2016. I even mention Ciri and Yennefer in the Afterword.

In polish Version OF THE GAME, she calls her daughter once, If I remember correctly it's at their reunion in Kaer Morhen, and there's also something about sister (dont remember though if Ciri calls that Triss or vice versa).

Oh... that's a shame they didn't include this into the English audio version :(

Hey, I thought Kate really looked the part in Van Helsing. Shame they decided to go with that awful ending. Could have been a fun franchise.

Also, I loved this piece of art I found. I just wish Ciri was more prominent.

The Family is All Together!

After I finished the series, I re-read it again, and then started writing my epic fantasy series.

I've just finished writing my fantasy trilogy (1500 pages long), and what do you think, what was my primary inspiration? :)

Hey, I thought Kate really looked the part in Van Helsing.

Hair, maybe, but face need to be replaced ;)

Last edited:
Oh I know exactly what you mean ;)

I agree. When I saw the trailer, I was so hyped about her looks. Later in game they had changed her look. First I was like "Wait that's not what I was hoping to see" but eventually I liked the actual one better. It has also a lot to to with her Animation/Facial Expression while she talks. I think CDPR made a great job there,

To me, her 'trailer' look was plain wrong. I mean, she had brown hair there. Wtf? Yennefer with brown hair is like dark-haired Geralt. Or blonde Triss.
Also her face looked...weird, like a teenanger.

To me, her 'trailer' look was plain wrong. I mean, she had brown hair there. Wtf? Yennefer with brown hair is like dark-haired Geralt. Or blonde Triss.
Also her face looked...weird, like a teenanger.
Well I didn't really pay too much attention to her hair, more to her face, and I liked it. Though I am glad they've changed it, because I like the new look even better.

Well I didn't really pay too much attention to her hair, more to her face, and I liked it. Though I am glad they've changed it, because I like the new look even better.

10 x nayyy

Attachments

• 20150112180826!Yennefer_w_W3_HQ.jpg
    20150112180826!Yennefer_w_W3_HQ.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom