[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I think CDPR's track record is strong enough that you can assume there will be some attempt to address these issues. I agree with the above poster who says that it's really a question of when and how things will be amended. I suspect that if sales stay strong and the expansion pass gets enough orders, you are likely to see more resources diverted into this type of thing.

Rest assured that this is where the desire of a corporate entity to make money can work in your favor. In trying to establish themselves as a top developer beyond the niche market of cult PC games, there is a big incentive to support and improve the product as much as is feasible. :)

That said, they have their work cut out for them. The game still has a lot of bugs and other small issues to be addressed, and I do agree that it 'needs' an Enhanced Edition type of treatment even more than The Witcher 2 did. We'll see what happens.

Technically the hardest and money&time consuming things to do will be recording new dialogues. Everything else (like adding monsters that should appear after Ciri openning the Tower and changing redanians guards to nlfgaardian ones if Nilfgaard wins) is all not that hard to do. I bet it could be done with the RedKit.

you are correct, anything that already exists in the game is easy to change around (i have modding exp with skyrim and fallout series) it is literally just a matter of changing a couple lines of code to switch textures around, thats why on pc there are already nude ciri and NPC mods, all they did was take the textures from already nude npc's in the game and applied them to what ever characters they wanted, same could be done for the guards and flags in towns.

if i could mod on ps4 i could even bring the characters back myself with any dialog options i wanted (as long as the files are in the game) and place them anywhere i wanted, it would just be a matter of finding the right pieces of code and changing them around.

its adding new content to a game where it can get tricky and takes time, recording new animations, new voice overs, new textures and messing with the mechanics of the game can have undesired side effects if they are not properly tested, it does take time and money to add new stuff.

i will say to that while changing things are easy to do, trying to reflect all the different possible world state combinations would require a ton of those easy changes to be made and even though its easy to change 1 thing around, its a different story when making 100's or even 1000's of those easy changes to the code throughout the world. its a very tedious and time consuming thing to do.

Last edited:
I don't really get this request, which game(s) deal with a postending worldstate differently?
The ES all have the world not reacting to the "ending" in any way and everything's as it was before more or less.

NPCs have no specific post-ending dialogue anyway.

Plus, even if CDPR added back all the main chars, exactly how many lines of dialogue would you need for the world not to feel empty?
And what about the ending proper, the stuff showed in the epilogue and credits cannot happen yet, so you'd still be stuck "in time", only a bit later than how currently is.

I don't really get this request, which game(s) deal with a postending worldstate differently?
The ES all have the world not reacting to the "ending" in any way and everything's as it was before more or less.

NPCs have no specific post-ending dialogue anyway.

Plus, even if CDPR added back all the main chars, exactly how many lines of dialogue would you need for the world not to feel empty?
And what about the ending proper, the stuff showed in the epilogue and credits cannot happen yet, so you'd still be stuck "in time", only a bit later than how currently is.

Up to six months later, to be precise... there even is a snowy White Orchard in the game already, that is used for a whopping 10 minutes.

I think there have been many good examples for what post game should look like all over the forums...

Also: The argument that other companies don't do it differently is a bit moot, with CDPR priding them selves for not being "like other companies" regularly. ;)

Ok so here is a bit of possible good news i have found and wanted to share from a news article online.

Community & Website Coordinator at Projekt RED, Marcin Momot, revealed that while the next patch would fix a few issues, 1.07 is set to be the big one.

"We are working on another, pretty big update which will bring a large number of amendments to the game," Momot said.
"We are hoping to release 1.05 on consoles next week. The next patch (the huge one) will be numbered 1.07 across all platforms.

"Consoles have some other issues (some are really time consuming to fix) and we want to make sure everything works as intended when released. We ask for a little bit more patience.

"The 1.07 is actually going to be a pretty large patch. We are already working on it. It's not going to be too long before it comes out. Can't talk about the detailed list of changes but it will features A LOT of fixes."

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/586410/The-Witcher-3-Xbox-One-DLC-Wild-Hunt-PS4-update

Up to six months later, to be precise... there even is a snowy White Orchard in the game already, that is used for a whopping 10 minutes.

I think there have been many good examples for what post game should look like all over the forums...

Also: The argument that other companies don't do it differently is a bit moot, with CDPR priding them selves for not being "like other companies" regularly. ;)

I already find it amazing they bothered to add White Orchard in winter with a whole modified map instead of lazily reusing the same one.

The arguments are dozens upon dozens with everyone different from the other.

Personally I feel the best they could do, reasonably speaking (no huge changes to the map a la White Orchard) is to add more chars to the inn/around the map, since Dandy and Zoltan are inexplicably there, so could your love interest aswell for instance.

Anything past that, or similarly very small scenes, would be unheard of and frankly tons of work.

It's not that the other companies are lazy or anything, it's that it's unreasonable to invest so much resources for something you're not even supposed to play.

It's not that the other companies are lazy or anything, it's that it's unreasonable to invest so much resources for something you're not even supposed to play.

Well, it's there, so people will wanna play it. If they didn't want for people to play on after the credits rolled, they shouldn't have been a post game in the first place.

In the end, most people just stop playing once they realize how tacked on the post-game world feels... wasted potential, in my opinion, especially considering that CDPR will want to keep the game alive and relevant until the expansions and the RedKit come out.

Also: Thanks for the info radar - really looking forward to the next patch!

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption ended it right.

If I had my ending, all Witcher cast would be in their normal locations with at least a minimum of 2 dialogue to close things up.

You can visit ciri either as a Witcher at Kaer Mohren or as at her castle depending on your ending.

If you chose Triss, you'll get a new location in kovir of just a house and a fast travel sign where she walks around in it doing random things (cleaning, cooking, reading, brewing potions, etc.)

If you ended with Yen, then she'll be at Kaer Mohren and all her belongings would be there.

AND F****ING KEIRA METZ WON'T BE GLITCHED AND STUCK WHERE YOU BURNED Vesimir! LOL, She is the only one that remains in my world in the end for some odd reason....

If I had my ending, all Witcher cast would be in their normal locations with at least a minimum of 2 dialogue to close things up.

You can visit ciri either as a Witcher at Kaer Mohren or as at her castle depending on your ending.

If you chose Triss, you'll get a new location in kovir of just a house and a fast travel sign where she walks around in it doing random things (cleaning, cooking, reading, brewing potions, etc.)

If you ended with Yen, then she'll be at Kaer Mohren and all her belongings would be there.

AND F****ING KEIRA METZ WON'T BE GLITCHED AND STUCK WHERE YOU BURNED Vesimir! LOL, She is the only one that remains in my world in the end for some odd reason....

This.
CDPR just needs to tie up those loose ends = Close to perfect ending for Geralt.

Want to know more in detailed about what happened to Geralt? other future expansion or DLC. As easy as that.

But nope, they don't want to tie up those loose ends. Excuse? Too difficult to adjust main character's reaction to all 36 possible endings. (some characters are dead and some are not)

It's not DIFFICULT, it's just time consuming. Bad excuse seriously CDPR.
Besides, only do it for few important characters and it's enough: Dandelion, Yennefer, Triss, Zoltan, Eskel, Lambert, Ciri & etc. Those characters are NOT DEAD regardless of your decisions, so I find it hard to agree with CDPR excuse.

Cd Projekt red should definitely do that it. They just patch in a small town in kovir with triss or add yennefer at kaer morhen or vizima as the emperors counciler (depending on the ending you get) and placing ciri in kaer morhen or traveling around the world or having her at vizima as empress (depending on the ending you get) also lambert and keira metz should be at kaer morhen or traveling the world together and they'll be a random encounter, eskel should also be at kaer morhen. Avallach at his lab or kaer morhen or tir ni lia (which you can access through ciri).

Speaking of tir ni lia, they should make that area available and have special elf gear you cant find anywhere else. With side quest scattered throughout the place. Make it dlc, I don't care I'll buy it anyways.

There should also be a companion system (I know witchers usually hunt alone but...) it worked well during some parts of the game, please cd projekt red, I want to kill a cyclops while lambert is making dick jokes, damnit.

This could extend the life of the game massively, besides all this can take a month of work at the most.

You actually get a message on the screen that you will be sent to the chapter before the last one, and I'm glad because I can finish some quests, and you need all the places untouched of the new war and Skellige intact!!! The game is finished. Everyone continued with their own lives! And Geralt is somewhere else because the story has developed.

BUT BEFORE ending the Epiloge you should have had the possibility to "talk" to everyone not only 4 of the characters. That was a huge disappointment. I hope Red can fix a DLC with explanations and "getting together" missions or something like that.

I don't think they should add multiple locations. They can add a portal in the wilds that opens with a password to lead you to (if Yennifer is romanced) or just a FastTravel (if Triss is romanced) to ONE appartment They can change the view in the window for more immersion but not necessarily. How hard is that? They could use any of Novigrad interiors with a small "magical" touch.
Or just give ppl the RedKit ^__^

The only challenge is dialogue. It is contacting voice actors and paying them additional money and then recording it in studio. But c'mon...how expensive for a game developer is it to record 2-3 of lines for every character? It would be at most 20-30 lines total. One day at the studio for every voice actor - at most 2 weeks time. Am I wrong?..

Last edited:
I don't think they should add multiple locations. They can add a portal in the wilds that opens with a password to lead you to (if Yennifer is romanced) or just a FastTravel (if Triss is romanced) to ONE appartment They can change the view in the window for more immersion but not necessarily. How hard is that? They could use any of Novigrad interiors with a small "magical" touch.
Or just give ppl the RedKit ^__^

The only challenge is dialogue. It is contacting voice actors and paying them additional money and then recording it in studio. But c'mon...how expensive for a game developer is it to record 2-3 of lines for every character? It would be at most 20-30 lines total. One day at the studio for every voice actor - at most 2 weeks time. Am I wrong?..
As i said, they have completely no reason to do it besides our desire. This is not a bug that need to be fixed, it will not bring them any new profit (cuz people who demand it already bought and beat this game). "To keep people from losing interest..." , sounds very ephemeral after millions of copies sold, don't you think?

All of this will require additional money, efforts and time and it is unknown whether it will pay off.

P.S. To be honest, i'm a pessimist but i think it's better if you expect bad and get bad than when you expect good and get bad.

Last edited:
Because by the time that player discover any issues he already BOUGHT the game. Fin. If profit is gained it means that game was good and there is nothing need fix. There can be one thing to change current situation - complete boycott of RED games. But it's impossible, how much people have this immersion problem? 5 thousands? 10 thousands? And how much of them already bought the game? Millions.

First - Many players dont go to the forums and complaign about their problems with the games, many are just silent even when they are not happy.
A few of my Friends have the same problem with the game, or other problems with the game, but don't go to the forums and talk about it. That spreads without forum as well.
But many players arent silent here, thats a good thing. Just look at steam, here, many other Forums. But it would be good if they would report more.
Also many of them are not finished now, but you see new threads about this issue every day.

Second - Disappointed players you should never underestimate . Many big companies had to learn this, even if they don't get "crazy amount" of negative feedback.
Best Example : Blizzard, EA, Ubisoft....Future projects or Addons did not sold so well. Don't forget Crytek almost went bankrupt.
Players are holding back with purchases or wait for sales...Or lost interest completely.

This can happen CDPR too, if they underestimate this situation. Future projects example cyberpunk maybe do not get so many pre orders or not so many sold copies for full price....I preordered cdpr games, but i will not do this with cyberpunk because i think they will do the same with it.

Last edited:
Ok so here is a bit of possible good news i have found and wanted to share from a news article online.

Community & Website Coordinator at Projekt RED, Marcin Momot, revealed that while the next patch would fix a few issues, 1.07 is set to be the big one.

"We are working on another, pretty big update which will bring a large number of amendments to the game," Momot said.
"We are hoping to release 1.05 on consoles next week. The next patch (the huge one) will be numbered 1.07 across all platforms.

"Consoles have some other issues (some are really time consuming to fix) and we want to make sure everything works as intended when released. We ask for a little bit more patience.

"The 1.07 is actually going to be a pretty large patch. We are already working on it. It's not going to be too long before it comes out. Can't talk about the detailed list of changes but it will features A LOT of fixes."

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/586410/The-Witcher-3-Xbox-One-DLC-Wild-Hunt-PS4-update

just a quick update i got another response back from CDPR support
also i included links to your threads to latios507

Greetings,

Thank you for the feedback and links.
I'm passing them to the dev team so they are aware that you and the community would like to see this featured in the game.

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

Greetings,

I'm passing them to the dev team so they are aware that you and the community would like to see this featured in the game.

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

Yess!

Greetings,

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

well, let's see...

Thx for the Info.

Greetings,

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

Maybe we should all write to support about this instead of chilling on the forum? I mean, not just write a complain, but propose ideas of how to do it while maintainig balance between "reasonable immersion" and "dev resourse usage"?

Ok, where exactly should I go? Here? http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/?support-product=wild_hunt

Maybe we should all write to support about this instead of chilling on the forum? I mean, not just write a complain, but propose ideas of how to do it while maintainig balance between "reasonable immersion" and "dev resourse usage"?

Ok, where exactly should I go? Here? http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/?support-product=wild_hunt

i used http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

and i agree it could increase the chances of things coming out the way we want.
Me personally i think they are already aware and working on it and will even be apart of the BIG 1.07 update i mentioned earlier but i am a optimistic :)

Last edited:

There are already sooooooo many posts alone(!) in this thread with good ideas to fix the end.
Not only posts why the messed it up or complaints in general.

Good Example :
  • Bring back all main characters to the world! (Dandelions Tavern or maybe Kaer Morhen)
  • Have some romance options with Yen/Triss
  • Play gwent (Zoltan, Roche or Dandelion), drink (as it was shown on the 10th april trailer) with Eskel or Lambert, ride horses.
  • Take witcher contracts with Ciri following you and telling some stories (stories can be repeated)
  • Random quest generator (no need for voice acting)
  • Random gwent tournaments
  • Random horse racing
  • Meeting witchers on the trail
  • Listen to singing Priscilla at Dandelions Tavern
  • Post-end dialogues and reflections in a DLC
  • More 35+ level quests and monsters

And this is only one example. Can't list them all .
There are so many ideas, that would make a good addon.

They can still charge us, if the content is convincing .

Me personally i think they are already aware and working on it and will even be apart of the BIG 1.07 update i mentioned earlier but i am a optimistic

Maybe but i think it's too early. Let's see what the future holds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom