1.06 on Steam out now, still no mutagen stat fix\ Remaining bugs after 1.06

+
careful, fanboys will defend their god.

Define "defend", "fanboys" and "god" - because like the Princess Bride quote, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Also clarify how one defends something/someone when no names or indications of parties are used.

Last edited:
not sure if its a bug or just i dunno how to complete it, but there is a area of haunting with some wraiths and a use for the magic lamp which just shows a guy with a pickaxe mining. anyone else have this and is it a bug or im just not doing something right?

not sure if its a bug or just i dunno how to complete it, but there is a area of haunting with some wraiths and a use for the magic lamp which just shows a guy with a pickaxe mining. anyone else have this and is it a bug or im just not doing something right?

It's one of the couple / handful location markers that don't deactivate once you perform the action you are supposed to. May be more but ones I know about is the lamp you just mentioned, and the bandit camp SW Velen, SW of Midcopse - the marker does't deactivate / turn gray after you kill/loot all the bandits.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more places where markers didn't deactivate after done.

It's one of the couple / handful location markers that don't deactivate once you perform the action you are supposed to. May be more but ones I know about is the lamp you just mentioned, and the bandit camp SW Velen, SW of Midcopse - the marker does't deactivate / turn gray after you kill/loot all the bandits.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more places where markers didn't deactivate after done.

oh ok ty. i spent like 2 hours trying to figure out what i was doing wrong on that haunting one last night. i kept relaoding and id notice sometimes 3-4 wraiths would spawn, but most of the time only the one by the cave entrance would spawn. was thinking maybe more should spawn since its an place of haunting, but they arent all spawning maybe to clear the location.

Hold on... is this bug happening on PS4, too?

And what happens exactly? Is the mutagen unequipped, or does it stay there, except its stats don't count?

Hold on... is this bug happening on PS4, too?

And what happens exactly? Is the mutagen unequipped, or does it stay there, except its stats don't count?

The stats count, but it only uses the stats for a lesser mutagen version if you use any mutagen better than that. You lose the net gain in stats from a better mutagen anytime you load a new zone or reload save game. (you can fast travel on same map without loss, just no zoning or loading save file)

1. equip a lesser mutagen to see what your base stats are
2. equip a better mutagen of that color - normal or greater for example - will see increased stats, as expected
3. zone to a new map or save/reload game
4. if you are affected by this bug, then you'll see your stats reset to the base or lesser mutagen bonus

The best way to describe this condition is that you do not lose your mutagen buffs, just the increase you get from using a better than lesser mutagen whenever you zone map or reload game. In short, makes you have to constantly manually remove and replace every mutagen whenever you travel maps or reload (excluding fast travel on same map)

Just for the record there have been no less than five different people who have correctly confirmed that they don't have the bug. Including me. That doesn't mean it's any less important to work on I just don't understand the insistence that "everybody" has it. And to be clear, I've been testing all day. I have greater mutagens in 3/4 slots. I get +40% attack power and sign intensity as well as +450 vitality (2/3 slots occupied with green skills), and I have these stats both before and after saving and loading. I've tried saving and playing for a while. I've tried quick saving and reloading immediately. I've tried manually saving and reloading. I cannot reproduce the bug where I'm getting a lesser bonus. With that said, I feel your pain and I hope they fix it... and give me an option to disable this goddamn, broken autodraw and autosheathing as soon as possible because it has gotten and regularly gets me killed. I'm actually having PTSD responses to seeing Geralt throw punches.

Just for the record there have been no less than five different people who have correctly confirmed that they don't have the bug. Including me. That doesn't mean it's any less important to work on I just don't understand the insistence that "everybody" has it. And to be clear, I've been testing all day. I have greater mutagens in 3/4 slots. I get +40% attack power and sign intensity as well as +450 vitality (2/3 slots occupied with green skills), and I have these stats both before and after saving and loading. I've tried saving and playing for a while. I've tried quick saving and reloading immediately. I've tried manually saving and reloading. I cannot reproduce the bug where I'm getting a lesser bonus. With that said, I feel your pain and I hope they fix it... and give me an option to disable this goddamn, broken autodraw and autosheathing as soon as possible because it has gotten and regularly gets me killed. I'm actually having PTSD responses to seeing Geralt throw punches.

I agree pretty much with your point, and get what you're saying. But since you're bringing up for the record, there's only been one poster who insisted "everybody" had it. Most the rest of us replying affirmative we have the bug, including me, are just saying we have it - and would like it fixed - which is exactly what you agree on as well so we're both on same page.

I'd gently point out that perceiving everyone to be insisting everyone has this bug is just as wrong as insisting everyone agree that all are affected.

The stats count, but it only uses the stats for a lesser mutagen version if you use any mutagen better than that. You lose the net gain in stats from a better mutagen anytime you load a new zone or reload save game. (you can fast travel on same map without loss, just no zoning or loading save file)

1. equip a lesser mutagen to see what your base stats are
2. equip a better mutagen of that color - normal or greater for example - will see increased stats, as expected
3. zone to a new map or save/reload game
4. if you are affected by this bug, then you'll see your stats reset to the base or lesser mutagen bonus

The best way to describe this condition is that you do not lose your mutagen buffs, just the increase you get from using a better than lesser mutagen whenever you zone map or reload game. In short, makes you have to constantly manually remove and replace every mutagen whenever you travel maps or reload (excluding fast travel on same map)

That's not what is happening for me btw.
I checked this out.
Right now, I'm in my second playthrough, experimenting with a sign build, I'm level 11. That allows me to use 2 mutagens and 6 ability slots. I have 5 of those 6 ability slots filled with blue skills, the other one with a neutral skill (medium armor passive). Both of my mutagen slots carry a greater blue mutagen.

Right after loading the game, I have +103% Sign Intensity (wearing all of the basic griffin armor + talent).
Now if I replace one of the greater blues with a lesser blue (the one linked to 3 blue abilities) , I actually drop to 93%, removing it entirely gets me to 73%. Putting the greater blue back in, gets me to 113%.
So equipping a lesser blue one coupled with 3 blue abilities gives me 4*5% = 20%, which seems fine. Re-equipping the greater blue one gives me 4*10% = 40%, which seems fine too. The "intermediate" value right after reloading the game however is a 30% bonus, which is just odd. That doesn't even match the 4*7% = 28% I should get from using a medium blue mutagen.

But: Possible explanation to the rescue!
What happens if I unequip my other greater blue mutagen which is only linked to 2 blue abilities? I drop from 113% to 93%!
Putting a lesser Blue mutagen in place puts me to 108% (3*5%) and equipping the greater blue mutagen again gets me to 123% (3*10%).

So, what seems to be happening here is that after loading up the game (or reloading a savegame) the mutagen-slot itself doesn't work at all, but I still get all the linked bonuses.
So in case of my 3-linked greater blue mutagen I receive 3*10% = 30% and in case of the 2-linked one I receive 2*10% = 20% and re-equipping them makes the mutagen itself in its slot work again, giving me my missing 10% sign intensity in both cases.
To back this theory up, I simply equip a lesser blue mutagen in my 3-linked slot, save the game and reload it. Result: I end up having +88% sign intensity. unequipping it makes me drop to 73% again and re-equipping it gets me up to 93%. So, as we can see, after loading the game, my lesser blue mutagen, linked to 3 blue abilities, just gave me 3*5% = 15% bonus instead of 4*5% = 20%, which seems to indicate, that the mutagen-slot itself is simply not working after loading a savegame.

edit: One final test: I dropped all my abliities linked to the 2-linked mutagen (even the neutral one) and just equipped a lesser blue mutagen to that slot. Saved the game, reloaded and had +63% sign intensity. Removing my lesser blue mutagen didn't change my sign intensity bonus at all in this case, so I think I can safely assume that it's the mutagen slot itself, that doesn't work after reloading the game, until you re-equip your mutagens (but any present links to that mutagen still work as they should).

Maybe someone would like to check this in his game.

TL; DR: Performed a series of tests, that showed, that it's actually the mutagen-slots themselves losing their effect after reloading the game, no matter which level of mutagen is equipped. The linked abilities however still provide their expected bonus.

Last edited:
TL; DR: Performed a series of tests, that showed, that it's actually the mutagen-slots themselves losing their effect after reloading the game, no matter which level of mutagen is equipped. The linked abilities however still provide their expected bonus.

Thank you so much for such a detailed research. I also checked my slots and it turns out that this is the mutagen slot that does not give proper points after reloading while 3 additional slots preserve the points from mutagen. (I also used blue mutagens)

Glad to shed some light :) I don't know what CDPR's state of information on this issue is, couldn't find a fitting topic in the tech support forums. Maybe this could help them find and fix this bug faster, as I could imagine that this leads to a different spot in the code to look for the bug.

Yeah. It's happening to me, too. PS4. Patch 1.04.

And of course this is officially the cause of all my deaths.

Also... watch out. It also happens when you play as Ciri and get back to Geralt, probably because technically it's a teleport to another zone... even when you play as her in Velen and Geralt is in Velen...

Thank you so much for such a detailed research. I also checked my slots and it turns out that this is the mutagen slot that does not give proper points after reloading while 3 additional slots preserve the points from mutagen. (I also used blue mutagens)

Only unlocked 3 mutagen slots in my play through so far, but sadly all 3 of mine lose their effect. You're luck it's just 1 of your 4 slots if I'm reading what you said correctly.

3 of your slots retain their effect through reloads, but 1 does not, is that right?

note - I tried all colors in mind - red,blue, green.

Only unlocked 3 mutagen slots in my play through so far, but sadly all 3 of mine lose their effect. You're luck it's just 1 of your 4 slots if I'm reading what you said correctly.

3 of your slots retain their effect through reloads, but 1 does not, is that right?

note - I tried all colors in mind - red,blue, green.

No that's not what we are saying.

If you use a mutagen and put it into a slot, you'll gett its bonus. If you have abilities of their matching colour in the adjecent ability-slots (for example blue mutagen in the slot, sign-enhancing skills in the ability-slots next to them), they will "link up", granting you the bonus of the mutagen multiple times.
Say.. you put a greater blut mutagen in the upper left slot, you get +10% sign intensity. Now if you put three "blue" skills (from the sign-tree) in the 3 ability-slots also in the uppger left corner, you will get the bonus of that mutagen 3 additional times, making it a +40% bonus to sign intensity.

Now what we are saying is: After reloading, you always lose the initial 10% for putting the mutagen in its mutagen-slot, but you keep the additional 30% from the "linked" blue abilities (they actually show a blue line towards the mutagens-lot if the colours match up). For the mutagen itself to work again (so you have the correct 40% instead of 30% bonus) you'll have to re-equip your mutagen whenever you reload your game or switch zones, as you mentioned yourself in previous posts.

This is of course true for all 4 available mutagen slots. What morozis23 meant by "3 additional slots" is the 3 ability-slots that can be connected to each of the mutagen slots.
Let's say you level your character until you unlocked every ability- and mutagen-slot. Using 4 greater blue mutagens and blue abilities in every slot available should then give you 16*10% = 160% increased sign intensity. After reloading your game this will always drop down to 120% increased sign intensity due to your 4 mutagen slots not working anymore. You will however still get those 120% increased sign intensity from having 12 linked blue abilities equipped. To get back to 160% you'll have to re-equip each of the mutagens.

No that's not what we are saying.

If you use a mutagen and put it into a slot, you'll gett its bonus. If you have abilities of their matching colour in the adjecent ability-slots (for example blue mutagen in the slot, sign-enhancing skills in the ability-slots next to them), they will "link up", granting you the bonus of the mutagen multiple times.
Say.. you put a greater blut mutagen in the upper left slot, you get +10% sign intensity. Now if you put three "blue" skills (from the sign-tree) in the 3 ability-slots also in the uppger left corner, you will get the bonus of that mutagen 3 additional times, making it a +40% bonus to sign intensity.

Now what we are saying is: After reloading, you always lose the initial 10% for putting the mutagen in its mutagen-slot, but you keep the additional 30% from the "linked" blue abilities (they actually show a blue line towards the mutagens-lot if the colours match up). For the mutagen itself to work again (so you have the correct 40% instead of 30% bonus) you'll have to re-equip your mutagen whenever you reload your game or switch zones, as you mentioned yourself in previous posts.

This is of course true for all 4 available mutagen slots. What morozis23 meant by "3 additional slots" is the 3 ability-slots that can be connected to each of the mutagen slots.
Let's say you level your character until you unlocked every ability- and mutagen-slot. Using 4 greater blue mutagens and blue abilities in every slot available should then give you 16*10% = 160% increased sign intensity. After reloading your game this will always drop down to 120% increased sign intensity due to your 4 mutagen slots not working anymore. You will however still get those 120% increased sign intensity from having 12 linked blue abilities equipped. To get back to 160% you'll have to re-equip each of the mutagens.

Ok got it. That's how I understood it before got confused re: the "3 additional slots" - with the clarification of course that if you are affected by the bug, then you lose entirely the buff the slot gives vs what I initially thought was just reset to the lesser mutagen value.

Tested this and I've got the same result. It is the mutagen slot itself rather than the level of the mutagen.

Top Bottom