An Open Letter from Head of CD PROJEKT RED

+
So you're still only talking about "positive" reviews? How about the negative ones? How about serious and honest critique? Will you tackle it actively in the future and communicate on it and interacte acitively with the community? Or will you still just dodge it and act like it never existed in the first place, like we're already used to?

Reading this letter could evoke the feeling that literally everybody is perfectly happy with your game and that you guys only strive to be even better than perfection. Reality is though that the community rose some serious concern and points of critique in the past few weeks, criticism you don't even mention in your letter to the fans...

I was really hopeful when I read the header of this post but now I'm pretty disappointed again. It's just the same old, vacuous PR speech again, basically just praising yourself and that's it. Seriously, I'm happy for you that TW3 was a commercial success and I believe that you care about it. But that's no news at all. I don't see any value in this letter beyond you praising yourself and telling us that you care about your game (which would every sane dev tell their fans). Missed potential, sadly, especially after all these discussions about lacking communication in the community lately... -_-

There is a quite fitting German saying on the topic btw: "Eigenlob stinkt". ;)

On many occasions I find myself at odds with fellow fans about this game, but this is not one of those times. Like most people in here we are, all fans of CDPR and The Witcher. We applaud and will continue to applaud you in all your successes both past, present and future. We also feel it is only appropriate to that we are afforded the opportunity to provide constructive criticism when it's justified.

@Scholdarr.452 made some very good points and I have to agree with many of them. The ability to accept and use constructive criticism to improve a product is the hallmark of a great organization. In the past CDPR has demonstrated that commitment.

There is no doubt in my mind that the pat on the back is well deserved, after all you created an amazing product. The Witcher Wild hunt is by no means perfect though, and we can all agree that with some work it can definitely achieve world class status. Perfection is a unicorn honestly, striving to get as close as possible to perfection is not.

There needs to be a commitment from the dev to "Honestly" address the issues and concerns raised by fans. Applying simple "band aid" fixes doesn't cut it IMHO. The dev has to either commit to addressing the issue adequately or not at all.

Just my two cents, but very well said @Scholdarr.452

This would be an amazing STEREOSCOPIC 3D experience.

Witcher 3 in my opinion is game of the year and I appreciate the attention to detail and artistry of the world itself we get to explore. If the team could some how update the PS4 and PC versions with stereoscopic 3d support, it would elevate this to game of the generation.

Last edited:
I seem to have missed this, aren't the recently released tracks for free?

Maybe I'm missing something. The very mention of Google store and apples store made me think we have to pay for it.

Since you seem to understand these services better, can you tell us if we're able to obtain the tracks in mp3, flac or some other format on to our computer hard drives?

I'm traditional and avoid installing services just for one OST. It's almost like DRM.

To all the staff at CD Projekt Red. Your toil and hard work was worth it. Ignore the negative comments and harsh critics. Know that we the true gamers who have been with you from the start appreciate the masterpeice you have created. A game has not stood on it's own two feet like the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt in at least 10 years. I can not begin to express how enjoyable this game is to play. Every battle, every vista, every shelf I loot in a hut I woudn't be able walk inside in any other game is a testemant to your dedication and love of your work. From the bottom of my heart I personally thank you. PS I think I speak on behalf of most of the community when I say we want more. Don't stop. Don't hold back and never be afraid to innovate. You are etched into the history of video game history now. Be proud and strive to make even bigger waves in the future.

Regards
Just A Humble Fan

"The truth is that the more responsible the media outlet, the more responsive they are to constructive criticism." David Brock

Everyone on your team at CDprojektRed has already proven the above quote to be true. Accept both the critique and praises from your fans as a tool for producing great works.

Don't look at the critiques and feedbacks as your fans being negative or unappreciative. If they didn't care they wouldn't bother to critique your work. Accepting constructive criticism is the best tool for improving your product. I am a Project Manager and I know that your best source of lessons learn is through honest feedback and critiques.

Developing a game is one huge project. The patches and updates after the game is released can be seen as a project in itself. The best way to know what needs to be done is to listen to the users or as we say in PM the "stakeholders". In The PM world the users are just as important as any other stakeholder.

No one disputes the fact that that the Wild Hunt is an awesome game. CDprojektRed set a precedence by creating amazing games. When your fans provide feedback, it's because they see how improvements can be made to turn a great product into a masterpiece.

Ignore the negative comments and harsh critics.

Seriously ? :eredinfacepalm:
This game have many problems, just ignoring them or ignoring criticism general and live in the happy shiny world with everything is perfect is the worst thing CDPR can do...

Know that we the true gamers who have been with you from the start appreciate the masterpeice you have created
I'm also fan since witcher 1 ...Am i a true gamer ? And many players not because they aren't 100% happy with this game ?

Sorry, I can't take people seriously when they talk about "True Gamers..."

yes please fix baby

---------- Updated at 07:45 PM ----------

I also think this is easily one of the top five games of all time. I am 59 years old and have been a "True Gamer" since Pong. I have gamed daily for 40+ years and have been an RPG fan since the first Fantasy Star. This game is awesome but I have been stuck waiting for a fix to the Ugly Baby blocker since patch 1.07. I have probably another 60 or so hours wandering around doing anything I can find waiting for a patch to allow me to continue with the main quest line. 1.08 didn't fix the issue. This is probably not the place to address this issue but it's been close to a month since 1.08 and I can't find anyone even talking about an eta on 1.09. This could be the first game I have ever played that I couldn't complete because it was broke.

Thank you CDPR, Witcher 3 is amazing and it is truly an honor to be able to play the masterpiece of a game you have created. The progression as a studio from Witcher 1 to Witcher 3 is jaw dropping. I cannot wait to see what the expansions (please make more then only two), future patches and (hopefully) an eventual Enhanced Edition will look like. Very much looking for to 2016, the year of the Witcher.

To all the forums members point out issues... Is Witcher 3 perfect? No. Does it have problems? Yes. What games are perfect, don't have any issues and hit on every promise/opportunity they set out to try? None. Constructive criticism is definitely good, if done right. I do think CDPR will get a handle on them and iron them out here before too long, as they already have done with the multitude of patches. Witcher 3 for me on PC is one of the more all around polished games that have come out in a long time. In an industry riddled with botched launches, horrible bugs, crappy DLC practices, etc, Witcher 3 stands on it's own to be one of the greats. They at least attempted to move forward from Witcher & Witcher 2 in nearly every area, when other companies make lateral, and in many cases backward steps from their previous games.

Congrats CDPR!

[...] Witcher 3 for me on PC is one of the more all around polished games that have come out in a long time. In an industry riddled with botched launches, horrible bugs, crappy DLC practices, etc, Witcher 3 stands on it's own to be one of the greats. [...]

Well, it is, for me, exactly the opposite, the crappy DLC practices excepted, sorry to say. The game is still full of horrible bugs 3 months after its release but CDPR already found the time to release a wobbly New Game Plus mode and is already communicating about the extensions while there is almost absolutely not any communication anymore about the honest negative feedback and bug reports.

Well, it is, for me, exactly the opposite, the crappy DLC practices excepted, sorry to say. The game is still full of horrible bugs 3 months after its release but CDPR already found the time to release a wobbly New Game Plus mode and is already communicating about the extensions while there is almost absolutely not any communication anymore about the honest negative feedback and bug reports.

You're getting patches and DLC at no cost, which is more than any other software company does for its customers. Critical feedback is one thing. Open hostility is neither usefully critical nor constructive.

You're getting patches and DLC at no cost, which is more than any other software company does for its customers. Critical feedback is one thing. Open hostility is neither usefully critical nor constructive.

Are you really saying that no other software company is releasing patches for free? Are you serious?
And I didn't talk about the DLC, even if I think that it's more a matter of "good" marketing than anything else...

This isn't open hostility. I made some constructive criticism (and other people did about the bugs I care about) in other dedicated threads.

Edit
Actually, you led with a statement about "crappy DLC practices".

No I didn't. You misunderstood me. Read again.

Last edited:
Are you really saying that no other software company is releasing patches for free? Are you serious?
And I didn't talk about the DLC, even if I think it's more "good marketing" than anything else...

This isn't open hostility. I made some constructive criticism (and other people did about the point I care about) in other dedicated threads.

Actually, you led with a statement about "crappy DLC practices". Settle down. Be patient. Bugs get fixed. By people who are working hard on them.

---------- Updated at 09:49 PM ----------

The topic of this thread is Marcin's letter. Please return to the topic.

You're getting patches and DLC at no cost, which is more than any other software company does for its customers.

ROFL, do you really think that other companies charge for patches?
No doubt your free DLCs were great, but your patches, hotfix and forum support / moderation is really lacking.

Be patient. Bugs get fixed. By people who are working hard on them.

For example the achievement system is broken since over 5 weeks.
People stopped playing because of this. So no offense, but you need to excuse us if our patience runs out...

Easily the best game in the past ten years I have played, I picked this up out of the blue after a couple years of gaming hiatus and it won me over nearly instantly..

I really love the game. best one I have play in a while. but I don't think you thought of the customers that don't have internet. there is a lot glitches in the game and also I am having a problem with the disc itself. I have ps4 it reads any other disc and trust me there is no scratches or fingerprints on the disc. I have a electronics background so I know how to take care of the disc. especially when its a game I love to play. I had to take my ps4 to the library and was lucky enough that they allowed me to down load the patches. I am hoping that will take care of a lot of problems. I also wanted to say thanks for the free dlc's I do recognize that you don't have to do that and are thankfull. keep up the good work.

Congratulations! You more than deserve the the success!

This was the most intense and emotional gaming experience I had in years. You have clearly surpassed the old masters at Bioware, who sadly disappointed horribly with DA3. And you surely cause some sleepless nights for the folks at Bethesda, who are probably happy that Fallout 4 is SciFi and can't be compared directly.

What's forgotten in most press articles:

6 millions is the number of sales until June 30 (first 6 weeks), not today!!!!
Right now, approx. 15 weeks have passed, meaning that W3 is probably somewhere near 10 million sales as of today!

The only reason they announced the number for the first 6 weeks is that they now have released the shareholder report for the first half of 2015. They are a joint-stock complany and can't just announce sales numbers carelessly. They've already payed a hefty fine for announcing 4 million sales in 4 weeks in a way that was not compatible to stock market rules.

I wonder if they'll reach the 20 million copies of Skyrim next year...

Top Bottom