Any news on level cap?

+
I spy with my little eye a bunch of elitists trying to outdo each other with stories of how fast they killed Eredin. But seriously come on guys, really? Ive tried all the builds Ive researched trying to find these near godlike powers that I have been seeing people boast about. The conclusion I've come to is that either I cant read and copy a build right or people just like to boast. Ive never come close to one shotting Eredin. And the whirl fast attack build, he blocks and counters after you get like 3 hits in so I dont know how you "whirled him to death" immediately before he could even toss you into the portal which takes you to the main stage of the fight. No offense, but enlighten me on your builds. I wanna be a god too.

---------- Updated at 02:35 PM ----------

I do agree though that I would like to finish every skill tree and fiddle around with builds. For now it looks like I will just be carrying around potions of clearance.

---------- Updated at 02:37 PM ----------

I don't mean to offend anybody either, its just I've seen too many statements like this and not enough proof. I think if I had a build to practically one shot Eredin, I'd put it on youtube.

I will tell you how to do it. It comes down to a damage build with a few green in the tree. 8 red, 1 yellow and 3 green. Very specific green ones for sure and the catschool yellow one. A requiredment is to get your critical hit as high as possible. And the required red tree is the instant death skill that requires 2 points to max out. This is a random happening by the way. I think max of 3%??? Anyway it does work on bosses to. And that is what happened for me. Eredin got smashed in 1 hit.

---------- Updated at 07:02 PM ----------

The level cap is at 70, which, with NG+ and HoS I'm sure a lot of players are going to start bumping in to very soon. The change in item stats gave me a glimmer of hope that the cap might get lifted soon, but I'm starting to think that it was a glitch in NG+ rebalancing, but hopefully one that will call for a reconsideration of the cap since (as I just said) this is going to be an issue for lots of people very soon, and for almost everyone after they've done NG+ with HoS and B&W.

No the level cap is not 70. I am level 70 1/2 as last month and no level 71 almost level 72. The cap was never 70.

No the level cap is not 70. I am level 70 1/2 as last month and no level 71 almost level 72. The cap was never 70.

Funny thing is that multiple people, including myself, have reported being stuck and not gaining XP after L70. I've seen you claim that this is a soft lock for people who cheated, but I've never had any mods or cheats, so that rings false in my case. You also have claimed to have proof of your level (provided that twitch hasn't taken it down) but have never provided a link to that proof. Finally, there are mods to unlock the level cap by modifying levelManager.ws which has a specified cap of 70, so maybe your "proof" isn't worth all that much anyway.

Basically, I'm calling BS.

A funny thing to say when the devs themselves confirmed its 70 and will stay that way, not to mention that me and many other people can't advance past 70, because we literally don't gain any more XP.

Look at the date where the DEV said the cap would be 70, it was on "14-09-2015". Nearly a month before the DLC. Until we have an up to date answer, fuck what he said. I have all sorts of level 71-78 weapons and armor that I cannot use.. Even some of the things I already had before the DLC have now magically leveled up.. Either they allow us to gain XP, or they fix the game and cap it so that no loot drops over 70.

OK so I just found where a Dev posted yesterday and said "I'll talk to the team and let you guys know ASAP. Thanks!". Shit... I will stop playing again until a patch comes out. This sucks, but what can you do. Thankfully there are a lot of good games and some newly released games I've been holding out on. What a shame.

EDIT: Someone made a level uncapper mod that allows you to level pass 70. Looks like I am still in the game afterall.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...r3/ajax/moddescription/?id=826&preview=&pUp=1

Last edited:
Marcin Momot has stated several times there is no level cap. He is the spokes person for the company to us. So either you accept what he says or you don't... instead of tip toeing around it why don't you be direct. Do you accept what he said or not? If the latter then you fit in with the majority. Might be wise of you to get a petition together asking CDPR to get a new coordinator to speak with us if you're so much in disagreement with him. Me I agree with him and have the evidence and I don't use mods.
Don't try to turn this around and make like we're calling Marcin a liar. No one that I've read talking about level caps has said that. I am very supportive of him, and appreciate his work and honesty very much. I also think you are conflating the notion that there is no technical cap with the possible need for a functional cap so that (for instance) people don't over-level to the point that the expansions are no fun. My guess is that after all the expansions have been out they will completely remove the functional cap.
In the meantime, I'm tired of you calling the rest of us liars. Are there some people who used console or some other mod or cheat to hit 70, I'm sure there are. Did everyone? No. Or maybe you're the only person who ever reached level 70 naturally and you should start a church to save the rest of us sinners.

Well Ive had level 70 (with 7XP) since I hit level 70. There no way for me to get any more XP.
idk what Vegito is doing, but the rest of us are stuck at level 70. And the devs even said that they'll keep the cap at level 70.

@Burza46, just in case this is all hush-hush or involves secret plans, you can just say something cryptic like, "All your questions will be answered soon." :)

I wish there was in fact fewer levels. I've been playing this whole NG+ with the same skills I had from the first playthrough. I don't even place the level up skillpoints I get. The adventure is fine as it is, so, nothing wrong with that. But the level system is kinda off to me, with skillpoints not even being useful anymore. (to me that is, before you give me 101 ways to use skillpoints for dummies).

Convert them into something else, or something.

Look at the date where the DEV said the cap would be 70, it was on "14-09-2015". Nearly a month before the DLC. Until we have an up to date answer, fuck what he said. I have all sorts of level 71-78 weapons and armor that I cannot use.. Even some of the things I already had before the DLC have now magically leveled up.. Either they allow us to gain XP, or they fix the game and cap it so that no loot drops over 70.

OK so I just found where a Dev posted yesterday and said "I'll talk to the team and let you guys know ASAP. Thanks!". Shit... I will stop playing again until a patch comes out. This sucks, but what can you do. Thankfully there are a lot of good games and some newly released games I've been holding out on. What a shame.

EDIT: Someone made a level uncapper mod that allows you to level pass 70. Looks like I am still in the game afterall.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...r3/ajax/moddescription/?id=826&preview=&pUp=1

yeah I had quite a few of those myself where they gear leveled up after the patch. Went from level 69 to 78.

In the upcoming patch we will rescale the gear back to lvl 70. So, no more stuff over lvl 70. The level cap will stay the same. :stoptrolling:

Not gonna lie, that's not the answer I was hoping for, but I really do appreciate having an answer, and knowing that I'll be able to continue using my favorite gear. Thank you, my friend! :)

Not gonna lie, that's not the answer I was hoping for, but I really do appreciate having an answer, and knowing that I'll be able to continue using my favorite gear. Thank you, my friend! :)

Now they're gonna rescale the gear? But I sold so many swords.. dammit.

Oh man! That's not good. :facepalm2:

Its not the end of the world lol, but it would be nice if monsters auto-scaled to Geralt level and no level-cap at all.
And while Im dreaming I could say that it would be epic with a co-op. That way I could join my buddy (as Lamerbert) and do the side-quests, bandit-camps and maybe even horse-races. How awesome would it be to explore the wonderful world-maps of witcher with a buddy right next to you ?!

Now they're gonna rescale the gear? But I sold so many swords.. dammit.
That sucks! I've been so busy this week I haven't had more than my first two hours in HoS, so I guess I'm fortunate that I haven't thought about selling any of it. I do wonder / worry a little about how long it might take to push the next patch out though.

That sucks! I've been so busy this week I haven't had more than my first two hours in HoS, so I guess I'm fortunate that I haven't thought about selling any of it. I do wonder / worry a little about how long it might take to push the next patch out though.
"soon"
lol

Top Bottom