Blood and Wine released, The wicher 3 finished, no word from CDPR

+
Blood and Wine released, The wicher 3 finished, no word from CDPR

hi there

the final expansion is out, the story of The Witcher 3 is finished, but there is no word from cdpr, something like "this is the end of tw3 hope you liked it" or "there will be one last patch to fix some technical issues and then there will be only news about cyberpunk" or something like that in the News section of the forums,

(i'm not attacking nr bashing nor negativel critizising in any way,)

strange don't you think? :wondering:

Last edited:
> or "there will be one last patch to fix some technical issues" <

Why is that so important? :rolleyes:

It's obvious there will be at least one patch to fix bugs and glitches.

And obviously that's the future schedule of CDPR.
http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/11/cd...ely-new-game-in-2016-new-aaa-rpg-before-2021/

And as it sounds, Cyberpunk 2077 will be much more bigger than the Witcher 3. lol

---------

> the final expansion is out, the story of The Witcher 3 is finished, but there is no word from cdpr, something like "this is the end of tw3 hope you liked it" <

I thing that's close enough i guess.

According to CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski, the company doesn't have a next Witcher game in any kind of development. Nor is one planned.

Precisely he said:
"As we said before, never say never [but] right now it's really Blood and Wine.
This is the end. Blood and Wine is [the] closing and there won't be any Witcher any time soon - if there ever will be one.

And I would really like to see how people feel about it, if they will enjoy it."

-----------

> "but there is no word from cdpr, something like this is the end of tw3 hope you liked it" <

I thing, they are very well aware of this! I can ensure you of that. :laughing:

View attachment 53201

Attachments

• CkXD5B4UgAAR1wS.jpg
    CkXD5B4UgAAR1wS.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
That could be a possibility (or at least something similar) but after Cyberpunk 2077, that's for sure!

---------

According to CD Projekt Red writer Jakub Szamałek:

"I think good stories must have an ending. You cannot extend them indefinitely, and we felt that Geralt has had such an amazing adventure, and his saga is already so long and complex that this seemed like a good point to think about an appropriate finale for the story."

followed by:

"[The Witcher series] deserves some rest. The past 10 years the team has been working on swords and castles and medieval Slavic monsters. So I think it's time for some guns, androids, and some ammo. And a necropolis. So this is what we'll be working on."

and ended his statement with:

"The Witcher universe is a very big place with a lot of NPCs, a lot of characters, a lot of places we haven't shown yet. So, we might return to it at some point…but we think that this is a good place to let Geralt enjoy his retirement and try something new."

...so, well there is some hope i guess! :cheers2:

Last edited:
There is a final word in B&W credits:

Thanks for that post :) I wasn't paying attention enough with credits (no one ever does, right?) and before I even noticed, this was in front of my eyes. Never managed to read it entirely. Nice and kinda comforting words :)

REDS are still "working on it", so it isn't properly over for them yet. Maybe they still say something when we are getting news about CP2077?

We promise you'll hear about them SOON!

And as it sounds, Cyberpunk 2077 will be much more bigger than the Witcher 3. lol

Yep, this was mentioned in some articles already. Bigger, more complexity etc etc.

There is a final word in B&W credits:

Ah, this i didn't see. I skip this everytime :teeth:

CDPR has 3 years to bring me another Witcher game, or ill burn Poland to the ground - Dettlaff

That was good , i have to say :D

Last edited:
At least it's clear now that there won't be an Enhanced Edition. Really disappointing after their work in the past.

Well then, it's time to move on.
There are many things to admire about CDPR, but the conclusion of their Witcher universe is a let-down on many fronts. It's sad that they are too big now to give a damn about improving their game as they did back in the day, when they went beyond a few minute cosmetic changes and took the hard road of improving the overal narrative. I guess they are really front league developers now. Good luck then and rest in peace CDPR of Witcher 1 and 2.

At least it's clear now that there won't be an Enhanced Edition. Really disappointing after their work in the past.

There are many things to admire about CDPR, but the conclusion of their Witcher universe is a let-down on many fronts. It's sad that they are too big now to give a damn about improving their game as they did back in the day, when they went beyond a few minute cosmetic changes and took the hard road of improving the overal narrative. I guess they are really front league developers now. Good luck then and rest in peace CDPR of Witcher 1 and 2.

Totally agree man. I can't say what is worse: the narrative, plotholes or missing characters in TW3 or how, IMO, we have been ignored

---------- Updated at 11:10 AM ----------

rest in peace CDPR of Witcher 1 and 2.

Rest in peace

Consider the following:

It's not like they just delivered main game and nothing else. They spend last year working on two massive expansions, which depending on how you play can provide up to 60 hours of extra gameplay, much, much more then any EE they made in the past meshed together. Of course, the difference is that EE were free, but they were always saying the large expansions won't be free and that perfectly understandable. It doesn't change the fact that they still had to put a lot of extra time, effort and resources into that. On top of that, it's worth to remember that Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition didn't tweaked story at all (aside of updating the crappy english translation), only Witcher 2 did, so it's not something they always did in the past. The patches for TW3 also provided some major gameplay tweaks based on fan feedback.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see Enhanced Edition improving on the main story quality, though mind you I personally think, after spending way too much time analyzing leaked files from the production of TW3, that cut content related to Iorveth (and I know this is what you mostly referring to) is a small fish and there are much greater plotlines that I would liked to see being restored instead, but I still appreciate how much extra stuff they added to the game (except waifu patch, that was stupid) and understand the need to move to something else. Well, I'm still gonna hold to this last bit of hope that they will add something more, but if not, hopefully they will adress the issues with Witcher 4 when it finally come out (and I'm sure it will).

They could release some sort of toolkit which allowed fans (the smart nerdy ones) to keep the game alive for many years to come, for us, the plain wholehearted fans. (Although TW3 by itself is a game that will be replayed and , I hope, selling well, for many years yet. There are still good RP Permanent Worlds made with NWN toolkit (good Aurora modified for TW1) and, I think, NWN2 as well. (stopped playing mplayer NWN2 when the PW I was a beta tester couldn't be launched due to main game bugs which I think were fixed years after I stopped).

I think that there are still people playing Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim because of the fan made mods that allowed them to create new adventures for those games. Cyberpunk settings are not for me. I tried it with Deus Ex 2, I really enjoyed the whole Mass Effect series but I'm a Sword/Castle/Medieval guy. Sometimes I wonder how could Tolkien or Game of Thrones worlds have kept the same settings for thousands of years in their stories, instead of evolving to the "bright" technological discoveries of human kind. It sounds weird that after 5,000 years they were still using sword and shield in Middle Earth or the Winter is still coming after a thousand years of watching.

CDPR could always expand and create a whole new division to keep The Witcher Universe going for some another 1000 years at least. I won't be here to see it but I might be watching it with a huge smile in my face, wherever I may be by then. I would dislike playing in a futuristic setting when the reality of our days is that some f**** crazy mofo can kill 50 people in one night out of hate! Or over 100 thousand in one hit with a bomb out of a plane. Or 100 million in a few years, out of a distorted utopia the brought out the worst in Men.

How will a futuristic game address that?

Top Bottom