Censored versions of the game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ElieCooL

I also got confirmation from Rafal Jaki through a PM that the GOG version won't have any censorship. I say it's a win-win for us Middle East fans because by purchasing through GOG we support CDPR directly and also get the version we want :)

I assume @TheEvilChris didn't noticed that you mentioned preorder from GOG ? because that version is not censored as far as confirmation goes from two official sources. However the GOG tech assist also told me that if you redeem a retail key from the censored version then you'll get your GOG version censored as well.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for sharing this info, (nice thread) Hope it all ends well for us Middle Easterners...
A censored game, man that's some weird stuff !!?? In the days of the PS3 I bought all GOD OF WAR series retail, and they sure had a lot of gore and sexual content lol. Well, i don't really know about all these regulation, it's not CDPR's fault anyways...

---------- Updated at 05:41 AM ----------

If anyone has any doubts on the digital version, just hold off until launch. I'm sure that if there's nudity in them, someone here will be happy to find it and report back within an hour of the game coming out.
:victory:

I don't want to wait that long to play the game... HAHAHA

Well imagine playing the game with a BLACK STRIPE in some cut-scenes, HELL it's annoying, man it's unbearable, no way... hahaha

And to think that they are holding back on all THE BLOOD in the game too... also unbearable ;)

The thing is I wanna have the Whole good old fashioned Witcher game experience...

^what he wrote
Here is the thread about it on gog.com: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_censorship_issue/page1 (should be the same for lebanon)
I hope you get your uncensored version. As someone from Germany who had to deal with a lot of censored games in the past because of violence I feel with you

Last game I naively bought the German version of was Fallout 3 and got pissed about it's censorship. Never bought a German version of a game since then.

Hello, sorry to ask what may be answered already in this thread (perhaps OP should edit 1st post with all information.) but I preordered W3 on steam in America, will that version be censored?

@simon93

@redwood36

The list of censored countries:
United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon

And I would not really call it a censored version Yes we had to cover the frontal nudity, and turndown some gore, but this is not what the game is about. The Arabic translation is high quality so we would like for the Arab Gamers to try it out.

GeForce GTX The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Bundle Censorship Question

Hello

I received a free Witcher 3 code when i bought a GTX 970 from a retail partner to Nvidia in (Egypt) and redeemed it on GOG, my question is will it be a censored version of the game? because if it is, i might buy it on steam.

Thanks.

Hello

I received a free Witcher 3 code when i bought a GTX 970 from a retail partner to Nvidia in (Egypt) and redeemed it on GOG, my question is will it be a censored version of the game? because if it is, i might buy it on steam.

Thanks.

Once it's been redeemed, it's just like any other GOG purchase. I've merged your post in with an earlier thread - we got an answer a few days ago. :)
(Steam I'm less sure of...)

Once it's been redeemed, it's just like any other GOG purchase. I've merged your post in with an earlier thread - we got an answer a few days ago.
(Steam I'm less sure of...)

Sorry for the trouble, i didnt even notice the thread, so surely it's not censored?

Based on the replies others got from GOG, the GOG version, which is the one you got with your card, isn't censored.

@jplondon the countries that are censored are:

United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon

And I would not really call it a censored version Yes we had to cover the frontal nudity, and turndown some gore, but this is not what the game is about. The Arabic translation is high quality so we would like for the Arab Gamers to try it out.

@rivenll do you think you could put this quote in your unofficial FAQ?

Is there going to be any censorship in Australia?

Has anyone heard of any censorship for the Witcher 3? I'm from Australia, and there's some talk on the Witcher 2 forum at the moment about the W2 Enhanced Edition suddenly becoming the censored AU version.

Has anyone heard anything at all related to this?

thanks.

thank god Australia is not one of the countries which the game is censored in, i am Australian and i was deeply worried about this too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom