Collector's Edition Statue problems

+
I have had my CE for months and pondered whether or not to post to this thread in fear of backlash from the community as it contradicts the OP, but my statue came out rather nice. Its beautiful and I love the bottom of it too having felt pads. My statue from Elder Scrolls online looks hideous next to my Witcher statue lol No paint, cheap plastic and no felt pads on the bottom. Granted I spent 50 less for the ESO CE but still, the Medallion alone is worth 50 if you ask me! Decent ones on Amazon cost that or more and dont look nearly as good nor have a nice chain. Anyways, just wanted to throw it out there that not all the statues were awful. Ive seen the pictures and videos on youtube, its a shame really. My heart goes out to those who got bad paint jobs. I would be pretty sad if that was the case for me but like I said, the real diamond in the CE for me was the necklace. Love it so much! Wear it daily lol

Thanks for reading and I apologize if I offended anyone with my statement. Have a good day fellow Witchers. Farewell!

-Z

Just as a side note. I LOVE my EOS statue. Its exactly how it was advertised and also $100-$125 less XD Its meant to look more like a bronze statue. The structure of the statue is lovely in itself, fine details etc. Unless you happened to get a bad one off the rack?

Just as a side note. I LOVE my EOS statue. Its exactly how it was advertised and also $100-$125 less XD Its meant to look more like a bronze statue. The structure of the statue is lovely in itself, fine details etc. Unless you happened to get a bad one off the rack?

Not sure what you mean off the rack haha! I live in a rural area and had to have it shipped because I did not want to drive 4 hours one way to pick it up, but the box was well packed and nothing was damaged. Statue was perfect condition, not a single blemish. The statue looks cool I won't lie but I just felt it was constructed cheaply personally where as the Witcher 3 statue quality wise was much better. Has weight to it and is colorful. I understand the ESO statue is meant to look like bronze but without proper lighting, its hard to make out much detail and does not stand out well. People actually think its something from the Alien movies when they come into my living room! lol Then I have to nerd out and explain who it is..

I think it could of been better but granted was less expensive than W3 CE, though the W3 came with a art book (I admit! Its not as good as the ESO artbook but close) and on top of that a super awesome necklace, a way cooler looking steel case (ESO steel case is eh.. ok) not to mention the box art having all the signatures of CDPR is freaking amazing! Plus all the content everyone else got (maps, sticker, music, ect.) Overally, I feel the W3 CE was a better deal and worth my money more so than the ESO CE. A big thing I bought ESO CE was to get the ingame content only to find you can purchase it yourself for around 5 dollars lol

But yea. Back to point, I think my Witcher 3 statue is way better than the ESO statue as far as craftmanship is concerned, I agree that there are alot of little details with the ESO but like I said, being in the living room on my coffee table lacking good light removes the little details. As well as since it sits on glass, lacking the felt pads which cost near nothing is also a turn off where the W3 statue has them. Little things like that make a difference for me personally! Anyways, loved conversing with you friend. Do you play ESO on PS4? Maybe we could become friends haha! I haven't been on much as Witcher has consumed me but am looking to get back into it sometime in the next week or so. OK! Well take care! Bye!!

-Zero

---------- Updated at 04:57 PM ----------

Don't apologize for having a nice statue. Be grateful. That's cool your's turned out so nice. Unfortunately, that didn't happen for a lot of us.

Haha! I am very very grateful. As I said I didn't even know that there was an issue with them until this thread popped up and my heart sank. I just didn't want to post here and come off rubbing it in peoples faces. I also saw many videos of unpacking the statues from the box and seeing how bad some were. Its really a shame that happened and I am just thankful mine came out very nice, not broken or with a hideous paint job. Its weird but yea. I wish everyone had no issues as this CE overall is awesome, best one I have bought in ages. Could be biased I admit, I love Witcher. Thanks for understanding though haha Wasn't sure what reaction I would receive and is why I waited so long to post on the topic as I didn't want to offend those who had issues! Like I said, I would be very sad myself and definately related to the emotions of the posters and did not want to add salt to any wounds! If I was on the other side of this, I would not want to hear someone saying theirs was perfect lol So yea. Anyways! Farewell! Nice chatting with you!

-Zero

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean off the rack haha! I live in a rural area and had to have it shipped because I did not want to drive 4 hours one way to pick it up, but the box was well packed and nothing was damaged. Statue was perfect condition, not a single blemish. The statue looks cool I won't lie but I just felt it was constructed cheaply personally where as the Witcher 3 statue quality wise was much better. Has weight to it and is colorful. I understand the ESO statue is meant to look like bronze but without proper lighting, its hard to make out much detail and does not stand out well. People actually think its something from the Alien movies when they come into my living room! lol Then I have to nerd out and explain who it is..

I think it could of been better but granted was less expensive than W3 CE, though the W3 came with a art book (I admit! Its not as good as the ESO artbook but close) and on top of that a super awesome necklace, a way cooler looking steel case (ESO steel case is eh.. ok) not to mention the box art having all the signatures of CDPR is freaking amazing! Plus all the content everyone else got (maps, sticker, music, ect.) Overally, I feel the W3 CE was a better deal and worth my money more so than the ESO CE. A big thing I bought ESO CE was to get the ingame content only to find you can purchase it yourself for around 5 dollars lol

But yea. Back to point, I think my Witcher 3 statue is way better than the ESO statue as far as craftmanship is concerned, I agree that there are alot of little details with the ESO but like I said, being in the living room on my coffee table lacking good light removes the little details. As well as since it sits on glass, lacking the felt pads which cost near nothing is also a turn off where the W3 statue has them. Little things like that make a difference for me personally! Anyways, loved conversing with you friend. Do you play ESO on PS4? Maybe we could become friends haha! I haven't been on much as Witcher has consumed me but am looking to get back into it sometime in the next week or so. OK! Well take care! Bye!!

-Zero

It was a phrase just meaning you might have got a dud from the rest. You need to keep in mind. CE for the witcher was $230 here. While EOS was $100ish (You may have different prices being in a difference country). And the point was it was all advertised correctly and you received what was exactly advertised. Sure, the witcher statues (other then the paint job) is a lot nicer, made with different stuff etc, however, you pay for the nicer quality. How ever 99% of us did not receive the advertised quality that we paid for. Even the gears of war 3 statue of marcus was hand painted so much nicer.

Last edited:
Okay, that is horrible. Still fresh in my mind when I was drooling over the statuette, but couldn't afford to spend enough money for that. I feel bad for people who are having issues with the statuette, and really hope that this matter resolves quickly...

I do not think there is anyone who has a statue colored well, until I see a photo that shows me the opposite.
Many simply do not pose the problem of coloration unacceptable.

In this same topic, people who like to paint as a hobby, can do work far better than those that have been made with the griffin of the Witcher 3.

Last edited:
so two and a half weeks later since they said mine has been dispatched and stuff nothing.. I have email namco but they are so slow to reply

Well, it's been two weeks since I emailed CDPR about WB's lack of action and a week since I emailed Marcin directly with no reply from anybody. I'm to the point now I'm going to have to consider the next step to take. I'm considering all options right now, and by all options, I mean all options.

Today, I received a replacement of my statue. It's the same quality of another statue, only in some details (minimum)it's better. I surrender, this not will improve. CDProjekt Red has lost my trust. I really, really feel disappointed. Good luck all, friends.

Before replacement:

After replacement:

Attachments

• Before replacement.jpg
    Before replacement.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 118
  • After replacement.jpg
    After replacement.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 119
Problem.

Analysis:
customer ---> CD PROJECT ----> Namco Bandai

customer ---> Namco Bandai -----> replacement ----> statue equal to or worse than the previous

Possible Solutions:

customer ---> CD PROJECT ----> The Wild Hunt Expansion Pass + other statue of The Witcher

customer ---> CD PROJECT ----> New statue Griffin, colored by professionals.

Hopefully in a RESPONSE official CD PROJECT for all users were unhappy, after spending money for the collector's edition.

---------- Updated at 06:23 PM ----------

Today, I received a replacement of my statue. It's the same quality of another statue, only in some details (minimum)it's better. I surrender, this not will improve. CDProjekt Red has lost my trust. I really, really feel disappointed. Good luck all, friends.

I note with pleasure an incredible improvements between one version and another.

:sofa: :sofa: :sofa:

Last edited:
Mine was supposedly dispatched by namco almost 3 weeks ago now with nothing arriving.. no response from namco about when its coming and it doesnt look like im getting a good replacement either witht he quality of these everyone else has gotten.

It was supposed to be something special and something we pay extra for to show our loyalty to the company i wish CD projekt would step in here and give us some sort of apology or something as they must of known these statues were being rush painted they just seem to be cutting themselves out of the replacement/ good will gesture process entirely and making us contact the publishers who never reply

Mine was supposedly dispatched by namco almost 3 weeks ago now with nothing arriving.. no response from namco about when its coming and it doesnt look like im getting a good replacement either witht he quality of these everyone else has gotten.

It was supposed to be something special and something we pay extra for to show our loyalty to the company i wish CD projekt would step in here and give us some sort of apology or something as they must of known these statues were being rush painted they just seem to be cutting themselves out of the replacement/ good will gesture process entirely and making us contact the publishers who never reply

This is why CDPR need to get their crap together and resolve the issue. They can easily fix it. Such as giving the expansion pass to anyone who purchased the CE. Simple and done. There will be NO pristine and perfect replacement out there, unless it is completely remade again from scratch, and I doubt CDPR is willing to go back to the same people for the statue. I still feel CDPR holds a lot of responsibility here that they are palming off to others. Did you not have someone over see the packaging of the CE with the statues quality. Isn't there usually quality check etc for this kind of thing? I feel they knew they were crappy statues and tried to get away with it......

Give us the expansion pass and be done with it CDPR. Stop hiding behind the publishers and distributors. $100 extra for a statue CE that is painted vomit worthy, is pretty screwed up. We have more then spent out money for a fair response from CDPR to resolve the issue at hand. It has been left to fester for months. You have lost the trust from many of your long time supporters for this.

I can see how some would be okay with the expansion pass, but for me that's not an alternative. I paid for an item. I want what I paid for, pure and simple. They need to either fix my statue to how it was advertised or pay someone in my local area to fix the statue to how it was advertised or deliver a brand new statue to exactly how it was advertised. That's it. For me, there are no other options.

I can see how some would be okay with the expansion pass, but for me that's not an alternative. I paid for an item. I want what I paid for, pure and simple. They need to either fix my statue to how it was advertised or pay someone in my local area to fix the statue to how it was advertised or deliver a brand new statue to exactly how it was advertised. That's it. For me, there are no other options.

As a big company, they wouldn't pay a 3rd unknown party to repaint the statue. As it wouldn't cover their ass. Cause if the person messes it up, then its "their" fault. And I doubt they are going to re work with the same company to have "more" made. Hell, I doubt more will ever be made. Whats made is all there is. They were meant to be limited. Just ask for your money back for the value of the Statue in the CE then use that money to have it repainted. You will not, get a better replacement ever. There is no point in demanding a better replacement at this point.

I was told by Marcin last week that they should replace the statue again... Bandai Namco however still haven't replied to my last email (which I sent over two weeks ago) so I've sent them another.

Got a reply from Bandai Namco - they're going to arrange for the original & first replacement statues to be collected and then send out another replacement. I hope the next replacement will be up to a reasonable standard...

No response for me, 3 month and I still haven't got any replacement statue..

CDProjekt what are you doing ?!

Its sad that most still are yet to be compensated months later. Shame on you CDPR, Shame on you. Don't think anyone is going to preorder your CE's ever again XD I know I wont be.

Top Bottom