Forum 3.0 - your suggestions

+
Corylea said:
I don't think you meant it that way
That's what I stated in the very beginning of my post. I absolutely don't want to belittle their deaths or hurt people's feeling on purpose (I do think the Polish have a reason to mourn) but when you showed up and told us to have regards for the devs I felt that the previously stated just had to be said. So if I should have offended anyone's feelings I feel sorry for doing so in the process. I meant no harm but to point out an abominable wrong in our society.
Corylea said:
Nearly all people care the most about those people whom they actually know or who have an effect on their lives.
Corylea said:
Tell folks that someone they knew -- even if it was just through the media and the voting booth -- has died, and it's something they can personally connect with.
See, there lies the problem and the hypocrisy in your argumentation. Just for example: What have we in common with the victims of 9/11? Everyone solidarized with the Americans though they neither knew them nor had something in common from them. Aside from belonging to the Western community of values, that is. So why the heck do people like our chancellor say crap like "Now we all are Americans"?Another current example: Haiti. One of the poorest countries in the world. They have and had serious problems over there before this disaster hit them. Few cared though. But once the media turns it eye towards them everyone thinks he has to be compassionate and says (including politicians how had no interest or whatsoever in them beforehand) "Oh, we gotta help them" though they DEARLY needed that help months and years ago.I could go on and on and on. Look, the problem is not that we aren't able to share these people's pain because we don't know them or because we can only care about a certain number of people (frankly spoken: I think that's both bullshit and a pretext). The problem is that the media (if at all!) only shows us the sheer numbers of some incidents and goes into detail in other ones they deem profitable. You are right with one thing, numbers are only numbers for us. Only if you show pictures, report the fates of individuals and fill those numbers with life the victims become more than a mere statistic and we can get an idea of their misery. It simply comes down to how you present and mediate the things, that's all there is to it.

This forum is devoted to a game that was made in Poland and that is seen by much of Poland as a reason for national pride. Even though this is the international side of the forum, it's still a Polish place, kinda like how an embassy always officially stands on the soil of that nation, regardless of which country it's actually located in.Demut, I don't intend to argue with you while all of Poland is grieving; I think it's inappropriate to do so in this forum.

DiamondDove said:
[whisper mode on]... and in this thread it is rather OT to argue about human behavior ...[/whisper mode off]
Agreed. Demut, may I suggest taking this subject over to the Community forum if you wish to continue this discussion?

Demut said:
Sure. If there is anything left to discuss ...
*chuckles* Ah, but with most subjects, there's always something more to discuss. Claiming an issue is "settled" is far more often an act of hubris than it is an indication that a consensus has been reached by all parties. (Trust me, when you spend as much time in a university as I have over the years, you quickly learn that, to quote an economics professor I had, "There's always a "but on the other hand..."" disclaimer in most subjects (which is why said prof had at that point decided to give up on macroeconomics and stick to microeconomics where there's far more certainty in formulas providing expected results)). Again, however, this is a matter for the off-topic forum, rather than the Forum 3.0 thread.

I am well aware of that but I've lead enough discussion to recognize the point where both sides stated their views and aren't willing to move from their position. I didn't think my opinion is the ultimate and impregnable one or anything. But perhaps someone else might be interested to join in so go ahead instead of continuing the OffTopic writing ;p@Topic: I came up with another suggestion: How about having a "Sent" folder in our PM box like you have it pretty much every BBCode based board? I really miss that. I mean you can keep copies of your messages in your outbox but that's a) confusing and b) inconvenient.By the way, it seems they already made some changes already. Even ones I haven't seen as suggestions in any thread :0

Go easy on Demut ,people. I'm sure he meant no disrespect.@ Corylea: I understand what you were trying to say. But on the other hand, people posting in this thread are just listing out problems all of us (including you) are facing. In the present Polish political state, if CDPR does not make the changes right now, its more than understandable. But that does not mean we won't list the problems. This is not (pardon the reference) wartime Nazi Germany with no freedom to express our views. No one's pushing them. Let them take their time to recover. Till then, let the opinions stack up until a time comes when they can address the problems again.@ Quixote: Death of millions is a statistic only as long as you are not personally affected. I assume you have not lost loved ones in a war or a natural calamity or something similar.It might be a statistic to you. But please do not insult the sentiments of others who might have lost loved ones in similar circumstances by calling their deaths a mere "statistic". ...Apology accepted.I know this is waaay off topic. But creating a thread just to discuss something like this is distasteful, and I believe it should end here and now.

Perhaps after Sunday when the national period of mourning ends in Poland? And as I mentioned, some changes have already been made so perhaps they're working on it right now ... :0

Ladies & Gentlemen,I don't want to appear impolite and disrespectful but this thread is not the right place to discuss the Polish tragedy where many poeple (incl. civilians) died on the air crash in comparison to other cases where hundreds of poeple died. You all can discuss this subject in the community forum if there is still something left to be said.
Edk said:
When will you fix the forum?
It's done when it's done. There are already some bugs fixed (date of posts e.g.). When all bugs are reduced to nothing the webteam starts to deal with the suggestions.Please have patience.

A bug that I haven't seen reported yet:It no longer seems to be possible to link to a specific post within a thread. Sometimes I want to tell someone where to go for help, and I want to direct them to a particular post that I think is especially helpful, not point them at a thread that has 27 pages. Also, clicking on the last post icon -- the "]" -- doesn't work anymore.

Corylea said:
A bug that I haven't seen reported yet:It no longer seems to be possible to link to a specific post within a thread. Sometimes I want to tell someone where to go for help, and I want to direct them to a particular post that I think is especially helpful, not point them at a thread that has 27 pages. Also, clicking on the last post icon -- the "]" -- doesn't work anymore.
I've also noted that users do not receive my orens, neither their score grow up.

Corylea said:
It no longer seems to be possible to link to a specific post within a thread.
Weird. Works for me. And what do you mean by "the the last post icon not working"? Can't you jump to the latest post anymore? Because I can :eek:

I thought she means linking to a certain post in a certain thread. So that if you click on this link it takes to you this thread and focuses on the post in question. Because that's still working for me ô_ô

Demut said:
Demut said:
It no longer seems to be possible to link to a specific post within a thread.
Weird. Works for me.
Where do you get the link from? In the old forum, I clicked on the title of the individual post within the thread to get the link, but that doesn't work here.
And what do you mean by "the the last post icon not working"? Can't you jump to the latest post anymore? Because I can :eek:
It works when I'm logged in but not if I browse while not logged in.

I get the link from a quote of the post. It's a small detour, what I don't mind. I don't use this very often anyway.
Corylea said:
It works when I'm logged in but not if I browse while not logged in.
Why would your browse while not logged in?

Demut said:
I get the link from a quote of the post. It's a small detour, what I don't mind. I don't use this very often anyway.
That's a useful work-around; thanks for that suggestion. That's not the same as having the link-to-a-particular-post feature still working, though!I do use that feature fairly often, since I often help newbies who are having trouble with the game. It's easier to say, "There's a whole thread with information about how to kill the Beast here and some information that I think is especially useful in this post" if one can actually reference a particular post.

Top Bottom