Graphics and Audio Thread

+
The new patch is great they only must put dinamic fog, smoke particles... At the end return the nvidia effects And maybe change some roof in novigrado that seems wallpaper and some walls and put dinamic light and... CDR forever

Last edited:
Whoever voiced the little girl in Where the Cat and the Wolf Play sounds as much the part as the Big Bad Wolf sounds like your grandma! Get a real girl.

Is it possible to add a subtitles language selection feature? Since the Xbox one has languages region locked I'm stuck with Spanish subs. For some people that's great, but the thing here is that some characters names were changed, even Dandelion has a different name now. And at some point someone forgot to make all name changes so I was trying to get a gwent card from Gremist as instructed but all I could see on screen was a guy named "Dagobert" or something. I looked around for Gremist until I found out that they're the same character. So, a way to go back to English subs would be very much appreciated.

CDPR, is the horrible sharpening and aliasing going to be addressed?

The Witcher 3 is a fantastic game, the best game I have ever played! But oh my....the rendering....is absolutely horrendous!

So, I would really like to know: Is the developers happy with how their game looks?
With the unsightly shimmering effect introduced by poor quality sharpening, or the terrible aliasing at native 1080p resolution, is this really the best they can do?
I've been watching some "let's play" videos on youtube and I am actually embarrassed for CDPR at just how bad the game sometimes look, particularly on chainmail armors and other finely detailed textures, and that on rigs that are able to play the game optimally on Ultra settings.

I am having to sacrifice a high framerate by playing the game at 3K resolution, just to get rid of aliasing!

Hell, even Witcher 2 rendered better than this!

There are ways to tweak the game's rendering to alleviate this issue, so why has it not been implemented officially or at the very least, conveniently made available as in-game settings?

I really can't understand how a developer can spend so much time and energy on crafting such a brilliant game and then completely mess up the way it looks...

Just my opinion on the matter. I really hope CDPR will fix this.

Oh and one final thought: There are some of us who have PCs capable of running the game with all the original touches, but these were nerfed for consoles. WHY!!! Why remove these visual features? Why not just make them available as "Uber" settings?

Guest 3713529

There are ways to tweak the game's rendering to alleviate this issue, so why has it not been implemented officially or at the very least, conveniently made available as in-game settings?

I assume you're referring to SweetFX and Reshade to add Lumasharpen and SMAA. I saw a decent improvement with SMAA at 1080p (23" screen), but I agree that for absolute smoothness you need DSR. I think it's due to the fact that there's a lot of fine edges in the game (i.e. vegetation) and because of that a postprocess type AA would not work all that well, and a built in MSAA might be too taxing on the systems.

Hell, even Witcher 2 rendered better than this!

Witcher 3 engine was built from scratch and it's quite different from Witcher 2, the inherent difference in the coding might be the reason for this.

I really can't understand how a developer can spend so much time and energy on crafting such a brilliant game and then completely mess up the way it looks...

Compromise. Time and budget constraints, not to mention marketing reasons, led to a series of compromises necessary to get the game finished in reasonable time. It didn't help that the marketing has over promised a lot, but on the other hand a small studio like CDPR needs to push sales if they want to compete with the bigger brands. It's an uncomfortable truth, but it's a business after all and they had to come to terms with it.

Oh and one final thought: There are some of us who have PCs capable of running the game with all the original touches, but these were nerfed for consoles. WHY!!! Why remove these visual features? Why not just make them available as "Uber" settings?

Please, let's not go there again. Maybe we'll see it coming back for the Enhanced Edition, maybe it'll never happen. I'm happy with the current graphics to be honest and I'd prefer see them working on quality content rather than anything else.

Is there a way to disable the change of the field of view when you activate your "witchver vision"? I get motion sickness from that change and can't handle it after a short time.

This is a suggestions thread, not a "regurgitating old complaints and blaming consoles" thread. Posts deleted.

Here are some graphical suggestions:

-> have similar smoke effects for wraiths applied to other places .e.g swamp gas. (similar to 2014 demo)
->allow the increase/decrease of particles fro effects such as the igni
-> have real time screen space reflections of a medium resolution for all water (e.g rivers, lakes, puddles)
-> allow the increase and decrease of draw distance .
->sliders and more customization options in the graphics menu.

all these features should be able to turned off (by default ) or on.
these graphical features should labelled as experimental and a disclaimer should be added to state that the game is not optimize for this .
This will satisfy people with High end systems who want better graphical fidelity and low end with the ability to turn these features off.

Better visual/particle effects for the Igni Firestream. Ideally should resemble a flame thrower, vs. the unsatisfying "spray of sparks" it is at present.

Not gonna read through this thread yet, but has anyone mentioned how low Dandelion's voice is in the loading screens? At least on PC?

Some of the splash screens used during loads seem very long and have extensive texts, read by a voice-actor who seems short of breath, sometimes followed by long musical passages. This gets very boring very fast, and I wonder if they could be revamped to give those of us who load from solid-state drives more benefit of current technology. In other words, less elaborate splash screens that go away on a fast fade when the load is completed!

Please please please PLEASE allow Sharpening controls for cutscenes/dialogue as well.

When playing with Sharpening on high, cutscenes look so different it's sometimes jarring.

is this part of the forum for the PC-version only?

if not I want the PS4-version of Witcher 3 to have a stabile 30fps. If that is not possible Id like to have an option to make it so(adding options to make the graphics look crappier so that I can get a more enjoyable experience without the sometimes incredible input-latency doing stuff and in battles). Id rather have a slightly uglier game and a perfectly stabile framerate. Its immersion-breaking when it becomes almost a slideshow when playing.

it would be awesome if the Audio-menu had the options to choose different dynamic volume-ranges like the Uncharted games always has("night time", "maximum", "normal" and so on). I play the game with two huge floor-loudspeakers and when the volume-dynamics have less compression, some scenes, battles, explosions and whatever has more of an emotion punch in them. Also a setting for headphone users as well.

Im a bit of an audio-nerd(Im into music-production) so I like to customize the experience of the games audio(amazing soundtrack btw) to suit my audio-setup.

Last edited:
Please adjust the lighting in Novigrad and Kaer Morhen. It is disgusting and uncover all the flaws of graphics. Just want to puke. Make lighting, like in Velen or Skellige.

I play on PS4, so this suggestion is aimed at CDPR. Is it possible to make it more gloomy when it rains? The storms are pretty good, plenty of dark clouds, wind, and driving rain so it really feels like something you shouldn't be out in. However, there is way too much sunshine when it rains normally. I've had times when it rained while the sun was out where I Iive, but not very often, certainly not every time.

Top Bottom