GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Gwent team,
Can you please publish all Gwent cards on a single, official website? The site should include all their important properties like standard & premium art, voice lines, provision costs, abilities, etc.

I'm sure people would love to access all the Gwent cards online: For example they can quickly look up a card ability, if they currently can't access Gwent. Or they can get that sick card art as mobile phone background.

I know there are fan-based solutions, but it takes a lot of effort to maintain them, because all the card properties have to be manually extracted from the game. This leads to out-of-date, incomplete or abandoned solutions. If there was an official web-site, the card properties could be extracted automatically from the game files and uploaded there.

Thanks for considering
Euerfeldi

Would be cool to have, but not doable right now.

Hi, this one is about the elf season border.

Back in the season of the elves last year, there was a border named "Wardancer", which had everything that the final border, Queen of the Elves, had except for the flower crown at the bottom left. Image description is directly below:
Screenshot (482).png

I noticed that the elf season this year does not have that Wardancer border.
There are total 6 titles and borders each season, but elf season this year is missing one border, while all 6 titles are present.
Personally, I like this one more than the final border because the flower crown is not too appealing to me.

Is there any chance that you guys can add this one missing border to the season rewards list so the season rewards are truly complete? The other five borders are there except for this one, and it is kind of bothering me.

Thank you.

Any plans to buff Emhyr a little bit? Maybe being able to replay a Nilfgaardian unit or an Artifact?

I'm asking this because he looks weak to me, very situational ability and sometimes is even useless if you have a bad hand.

Also his ability is useless too with his starting deck, because his only target to get some points is Slave Infantry...

Guest 4157120

Hi Burza,

can we expect new The Art of the Witcher: Gwent Gallery Collection part 2 in the future where we would be able to find arts from: Thronebreaker, Crimson Curse & other upcoming expansion(s)?

Hi Pawel,

Really enjoyed watching the final 30 seconds in the last TWIG. I have a question about Witcher 3 Gwent, hope it's fine.

So, the heroes in W3 Gwent are Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Avallac'h etc. But I saw you can get the Ciri & Mysterious Elf cards pretty soon. Also with Geralt as a big card, people should recognize him. So why doesn't he go around with the cards like - Hey, this is me on the card and I'm looking for Ciri who, what do you know, is on this other card! Aaaand also she was spotted in the presence of a Mysterious Elven Mage who guess what, is on This card! Did you see them?

Also, Shani gives you the Olgierd card which she had for a long time and also you get a Toad Prince. But the fact he's a prince is a secret. One thing I thought about is the real Gwent doesn't have Geralt & pals, just regular cards and these are easter eggs for the players. How do you comment sir?

Best Regards!

Last edited:
Howdy! Really loving the Crimson Curse expansion, but have a question/suggestion about a quality of life item for the deck builder:

Any chance we can get the option to sort deck by faction? It would make it easier to find the decks when looking through numerous ones. Not really a pressing concern, but something that always pops into my head when i have more than 8 or 9 decks in the deck builder.

As always, thanks for the great game!

Hi Burza,
I think we are expecting the monthly patch in 2 weeks? (and the dev stream too)
May I ask whether we will see some changes of the NG faction which you guys promised that you would look into its mechanics, or maybe even a rework?
Thx. Have a nice day!

Hi, this one is about the elf season border.

Back in the season of the elves last year, there was a border named "Wardancer", which had everything that the final border, Queen of the Elves, had except for the flower crown at the bottom left. Image description is directly below:
View attachment 10997326

I noticed that the elf season this year does not have that Wardancer border.
There are total 6 titles and borders each season, but elf season this year is missing one border, while all 6 titles are present.
Personally, I like this one more than the final border because the flower crown is not too appealing to me.

Is there any chance that you guys can add this one missing border to the season rewards list so the season rewards are truly complete? The other five borders are there except for this one, and it is kind of bothering me.

Thank you.

Hi! for now we don't plan to have some of the previous borders as seasonal rewards.

Any plans to buff Emhyr a little bit? Maybe being able to replay a Nilfgaardian unit or an Artifact?

I'm asking this because he looks weak to me, very situational ability and sometimes is even useless if you have a bad hand.

Also his ability is useless too with his starting deck, because his only target to get some points is Slave Infantry...

Yes, we'll boost him a bit, but in a different way, more info by the end of the month :)

Hi Burza,

can we expect new The Art of the Witcher: Gwent Gallery Collection part 2 in the future where we would be able to find arts from: Thronebreaker, Crimson Curse & other upcoming expansion(s)?

Not planned right now

Howdy! Really loving the Crimson Curse expansion, but have a question/suggestion about a quality of life item for the deck builder:

Any chance we can get the option to sort deck by faction? It would make it easier to find the decks when looking through numerous ones. Not really a pressing concern, but something that always pops into my head when i have more than 8 or 9 decks in the deck builder.

As always, thanks for the great game!

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Hi Burza,
I think we are expecting the monthly patch in 2 weeks? (and the dev stream too)
May I ask whether we will see some changes of the NG faction which you guys promised that you would look into its mechanics, or maybe even a rework?
Thx. Have a nice day!

Yes and yes there will be changes to Nilfgaard with the end of the season patch.

Hi Pawel,

I want to ask you to take a look into the faction battle quests. Currently, for Dettlaff the last quest is to "Play 50 cards with bleeding 50 times". However, the best way to play Dettlaff in pro ladder is to play a control deck (I have 19 wins, 12 losses: 61% win rate with this particular deck), which doesn't involve ANY bleeding cards (or may be one just for the sake of playing bleeding effect). So, the players required to play weak/suboptimal decks to complete the quest, which will also skew the statistics of the actual leader power. I think this is a bit counterproductive. Can I ask devs in the future not to include in the leader challenges conditions that doesn't directly relate to the chosen leader?

Hi Burza,

I know there are a lot of matters and exciting stuff to work on.
But wanted to suggest / ask if following is a consideration for improvement;

Currently premium cards and basics are 2 different versions.
Are there plans to combine these?
So that a premium is an upgrade from a basic card. (maybe could toggle it to normal) It is, after all, the same card. This would be a lot clearer in deckbuilder imho.

Also (apperently this is a problem since beta), plans to fix the card collection counter in profile page?

I understand these are fundamental changes / harder to implement, but they would really improve QoL.

Thanks for your time and reply!
Have a good weekend! :beer:

Hello Burza,

I want to congratulate the team for the Crimson Curse expansion. The game is really enjoyable at the moment. The diversity of decks is really great. Of course there is always room for further improvement, particularly in terms of balancing, but I'm really confident that the team will succeed.

I have a small suggestion concerning the reward book (not a priority in my opinion but it could be cool). Would it be possible to add a page with all the passed seasonal trees, with no possibility to unlock the nodes. This way, we could access at any time to the lore that we have already unlocked. I'm a great fan of the witcher universe, and the lore part in the reward book is a nice addition to the game in my opinion. But I'm a bit disappointed to have access to the seasonal lore only once per year. Of course, there is no need to add the upcoming seasonal trees (to avoid any spoilers and let the time to the team to work on the future seasonal modes).

Thanks and have a nice day and weekend.

Last edited:
Is it possible to show exact time and date of the matches in match history on the official site? It would be more useful than "X hours ago/X days ago".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom