Highest level monster encountered??

+
Highest level monster encountered??

Just fought a level 78 Archgriffen on a small island between Ard and An Skellig during the "unlucky's treasure" quest, which is just a small hidden treasure quest.

I am playing on NG+ death march and this was easily the highest level monster I have seen in the game so far.

Got me wondering if anyone has found a monster with a higher level then that?

Ay. Rather curious, that, considering the treasure it guards is naught of particularly special interest -- at least when I found it.

I think a particular Chort is the highest level, non-newgame+ monster. I'm actually not sure about NG+, though. Possibly is that 78 Griffin.

Ay. Rather curious, that, considering the treasure it guards is naught of particularly special interest -- at least when I found it.

Aye, I think that's a problem, in general. Ever since that early-ish patch released that changed the loot tables. I believe it was because the original loot people were finding was a little too good early on (quality/rarity).

They then over-nerfed it, and when I replayed the game after that patch, I was finding literally garbarge in a lot of the most 'hidden' spots, or the spots with the toughest enemies guarding it.

Especially ones attached to treasure hunting quests (example) the queens treasure, in the sea: I found a gray-quality sword, and like 12 crowns. When it was described (in notes) to be something completely different.

It's just a little underwhelming, and unimmersive to find stuff like that in these cases, I think ;p

I forget who it was that told me, but they mentioned a lvl 58 Royal Griffin, which would make it a 88 in NG+. I'll have to look in my profile and find that post to supply a link.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/57815-Any-news-on-level-cap/page2?p=1918240#post1918240

There is the link. It is post #14 from a banned user. And it's a lvl 52 not a 58. But still that is lvl 82 in NG+ when you cap out at 70. Though he does not mention where the location of this Royal Griffin, I would not be surprised if this is true.

Last edited:
The highest level monster I found in the game files is a level 54 archgriffin (gryphon_mh__volcanic), but it might not actually be used in the game; in any case, it can be spawned with a console command, and drops Zireael armor when killed. There are a few more monsters around level 48-50. As far as I know, NG+ just adds 30 to the level of everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom