[Hot] Cyberpunk - speculations, dreams and wishes

+
secondchildren said:
Can we keep Bioware out of this conversation plz?
According to cyberpunk 2020 reference book "bioware" is "biological based enhancement".

Sirnaq said:
According to cyberpunk 2020 reference book "bioware" is "biological based enhancement".

To be honest that enemy looks a bit silly, it would fit a teenage turtles game or sonic the hedgehog thats for sure.

Blothulfur said:
As I remember (been more than a decade since I played) the net was a bit of an evolved internet, net runners, one of the classes, could project an avatar onto the net and do all kinds of weird crap. Limited only by imagination and technical skill, it's a virtual world somewhat like the matrix.

I think bioware is the cyberpunk term for software merged with flesh, neural links etcetera.

whole levels dedicated to one class of the game!? It sure beat mini-game hacking if it ever happens like that.

I have question? Are cyberpunks members of 4chan community who get weapon and started fight with government? Just one idea crossed my mind. Actually 4chan could be a source of inspiration when it comes to way how cyberpunks act and think.

And by the way... There are aliens in CP2020?dfq?

While we are on the subject, please try to keep the universe grounded and not over the top. Enemies like that should not show up. DX:HR was pretty grounded and I'd prefer something along those lines.

KnightofPhoenix said:
While we are on the subject, please try to keep the universe grounded and not over the top. Enemies like that should not show up. DX:HR was pretty grounded and I'd prefer something along those lines.

Well if the image is from Xcom...

I'm sure they'll keep things grounded, that's what I like about The Witcher games. I'm reading the CyberPunk rule book and it lists animal-like modification as a possibility. I wanna romance a furry.

lol, that got censored?

Sirnaq said:
Just throwing some ideas. Never was on 4chan and never played CP2020 so my ideas can be bad but as far as i know some 4chan members and cyberpunks share some characteristics like their own understanding of law, making a lot of noise for a small thing. Again never were on 4chan and my knowledge about it is based on general opinion so i can be terribly wrong.

Which game-plays do you think would fit best to the roles?

Cop = heavy rain?
Corporate = ?
Fixer = ?
Media = ?
Netrunner = watch dogs?
Nomad = ?
Rockerboy = ?
Solo = deus ex hr?
Techie = ?

So excited to see Cyberpunk being developed here :D Played the PnP a long, long time ago, but I'm not hoping for any kind of direct replica for the game itself. Just setting the game in the Cyberpunk world is awesome enough, IMO :D

Fartuess said:
Just throwing some ideas. Never was on 4chan and never played CP2020 so my ideas can be bad but as far as i know some 4chan members and cyberpunks share some characteristics like their own understanding of law, making a lot of noise for a small thing. Again never were on 4chan and my knowledge about it is based on general opinion so i can be terribly wrong.

rules 1&2

Anyway just some more ideas

-FAST WAY AND SLOW WAY OF BREAKING INTO PLACES. You can either kick the door down or carefully lockpick it. It doesn't mean the the slow way is always the good way though. There was a scene in the movie Memento [which I recommend you watch if you haven't] where the protagonist ring the door bell and when he sees someone through the peep hole her kick the door down knocking him out.

-DAY AND NIGHT CYCLE. Infiltrating a place would be very different at night and day.

-EMPLOYEES GOING HOME HAVE INFO AND ITEMS. It'd be cool if you could stalk employees as they go home from work and you find a secluded spot to kill them/steal from them and they'd have stuff like LVL1ACCESS CARD or something. You can interrogate them ask the position of the guards and layout of the building.

mrdrum-o-matic said:
Which game-plays do you think would fit best to the roles?

Cop = heavy rain?
Corporate = Sim City / Capitalism
Fixer = Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Media = Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Netrunner = watch dogs?
Nomad = Fallout
Rockerboy = Guitar Hero
Solo = deus ex hr?
Techie = Eve Online

I would very much dislike for Cyberpunk to be open world. All open world games turn into a grind-fest of repetitive tasks and locations. I like to play games for excellent storytelling, not mundane exploration. I call it mundane exploration because every open world game I've played, the exploration is tedious and serve no literary contribution to storytelling. Open world is just window dressing. I like everything my character to do to have a purpose that is related to an excellent story. I do not like exploration for exploration sake or dungeons for dungeons sake.

Indeed, I have never finished an open world game past the initial few hours, because there is nothing to motivate me to keep going. Too many exploration, locations and dungeons in an open world game seem just for "fun" and decoration, and have no compelling literary purpose behind them.

Witcher 1, 2, and Deus Ex 3 both are good in having large levels with lots of location, but most of the locations (>90%) have purpose for the story.

An example of why open world is terrible is Fallout 3, where 99% of the map/locations is irrelevant and have no compelling storytelling purpose behind them. They are just for grinding and collecting items, which is mundane and tedious. Maybe some people find that "fun" but I find them tedious obstacles to the storytelling.

I also dislike side quests that have very loose or no connection to the main plot, as they feel just like filler side quests. For example, in Fallout 3, your character's main motivation is to find his father, yet why would he waste time doing Wasteland Survival Guide and other such irrelevant side quests?

Most side quests in Deus Ex 3 and TW2 are good example of relevant ones where they make the main quest easier, reveal extra information on the main quest, or reveal the background of the characters from the main quest. Even the seemingly irrelevant monster contracts has a place in TW2 because that is Geralt's primary occupation.

Everything in a game should be compelled by a literary purpose essential to the main quest and characters, and an open world game with so many irrelevant side quests and locations fails in this aspect.

Deus Ex:HR had absolutely outstanding hubs in my opinion. Its such a shame that they had to cut another two or three hubs because they ran out of time. It shows in last third of the game how everyrhing starts to rush to the ending.

Babli said:
Deus Ex:HR had absolutely outstanding hubs in my opinion. Its such a shame that they had to cut another two or three hubs because they ran out of time. It shows in last third of the game how everyrhing starts to rush to the ending.

Yeah and the AI was pretty sucky.

Babli said:
I would very much dislike for Cyberpunk to be open world. All open world games turn into a grind-fest.

Witcher 1, 2, and Deus Ex 3 both are good in having large levels with lots of location, but most of the locations (>90%) have purpose for the story.

I disagree. I think they just haven't been done right. There should be a necessity involved just look at that Arma2 mod DayZ that stuff makes you wanna explore and it's fun.

Witcher 1 had that tse tse fly thing where it really affected the main quest which I think is total genius and CDPR should make more of that kind of shit.

guipit said:
Yeah and the AI was pretty sucky.

I disagree. I think they just haven't been done right. There should be a necessity involved just look at that Arma2 mod DayZ that stuff makes you wanna explore and it's fun.

Witcher 1 had that tse tse fly thing where it really affected the main quest which I think is total genius and CDPR should make more of that kind of shit.

I went to DayZ website to see what it is, and on front page it says "This is Day Z. This is your story." This exactly shows why I don't want Cyberpunk to be open world. Open world games expect you to do your own story telling. To me, that is a huge chore and not fun at all. I am no creative writer and much rather let literary geniuses do the storytelling for me. The Day Z website has nothing about plot or deep multidimensional characters. With none of these things, I have no motivation to play it.

I do not want Cyberpunk to be some kind of sandbox game where I'm expected to play pretend and make up my own stories and characters. I'm no creative writer. I understand that some people, who are much more creative and artistic than me, like that play style, but for me it is no fun.

An analogy: Some people like tower defense style games, and I understand that, but it is no fun for me and I wouldn't want Cyberpunk to be a tower defense game.

People haven't played good open world games like Divine Divinity apparently. Its like the only open world games they know are Bethesda's

lunah said:
I would very much dislike for Cyberpunk to be open world. All open world games turn into a grind-fest of repetitive tasks and locations. I like to play games for excellent storytelling, not mundane exploration. I call it mundane exploration because every open world game I've played, the exploration is tedious and serve no literary contribution to storytelling. Open world is just window dressing. I like everything my character to do to have a purpose that is related to an excellent story. I do not like exploration for exploration sake or dungeons for dungeons sake.

Indeed, I have never finished an open world game past the initial few hours, because there is nothing to motivate me to keep going. Too many exploration, locations and dungeons in an open world game seem just for "fun" and decoration, and have no compelling literary purpose behind them.

An example of why open world is terrible is Fallout 3, where 99% of the map/locations is irrelevant and have no compelling storytelling purpose behind them. They are just for grinding and collecting items, which is mundane and tedious. Maybe some people find that "fun" but I find them tedious obstacles to the storytelling.

I also dislike side quests that have very loose or no connection to the main plot, as they feel just like filler side quests. For example, in Fallout 3, your character's main motivation is to find his father, yet why would he waste time doing Wasteland Survival Guide and other such irrelevant side quests?

Most side quests in Deus Ex 3 and TW2 are good example of relevant ones where they make the main quest easier, reveal extra information on the main quest, or reveal the background of the characters from the main quest. Even the seemingly irrelevant monster contracts has a place in TW2 because that is Geralt's primary occupation.

Everything in a game should be compelled by a literary purpose essential to the main quest and characters, and an open world game with so many irrelevant side quests and locations fails in this aspect.

Top Bottom