How to solve script compilation issues when launching the game with mods

+
That is just 6 conflicts from what I can tell. From that screen I would pick the lines from document "A" (the vanilla game).

Are you sure though all the mods you are trying to use are compatible with the 1.10 version?
Yeah - copying A lines (vanilla) worked - I had to do this 6 times. But it was pain in the ass man - I mean I have these other two mods that conflict with each other and they have 24 conflicts... Is there any faster way finding "<Merge Conflict>" lines in output label? CTRL+F does nothing...

Yeah - copying A lines (vanilla) worked - I had to do this 6 times. But it was pain in the ass man - I mean I have these other two mods that conflict with each other and they have 24 conflicts... Is there any faster way finding "<Merge Conflict>" lines in output label? CTRL+F does nothing...

Not sure if you are doing this already but I press the button bellow to find the next conflict (yeah you will need to press it 24 times, but at least faster than scrolling manually)

Not sure if you are doing this already but I press the button bellow to find the next conflict (yeah you will need to press it 24 times, but at least faster than scrolling manually)

You are LIVE SAVIOIR, @Mezziaz! Thank you!

---------- Updated at 12:53 PM ----------

Sigh... Script Merger now shows no errors but when I start the game and scripts starts rolling I get this error.

---------- Updated at 01:03 PM ----------

EDIT found the problem, it's the No Automatic Camera Centering Mod which doesn't work with 1.10.

I think I win the Totally Fucked Up My Game Prize... I was pottering along testing each of my mods, making a note of the errors then going back and doing all the comparisons, making changes, blah de blah and my game was launching fine until suddenly this happened:

View attachment 25729

I haven't touched any of the files in [content0] only changed mod files, and the last change I made was to resolve the following:

Error [modmergedscripts]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(415): Function 'InitKNGULM' is already defined in class 'W3PlayerWitcher'.

by deleting the multiple references.

BOOM!

So, what's the general advice on either rolling a game back to the previous patch or getting a clean reinstall?

Attachments

• manyerrors.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 165
Same here. 1.10 killed all script mods. To fix the scripts as detailed in this thread we'll need a new source of 1.10 scripts first.

---------- Updated at 06:50 AM ----------

To quote KNGR from his Ultimate Lighting mod:

here's my guess check \content0\scripts it should hold all the new scripts, 100% sure that there are some leftovers from 1.08 that cause this. I had the same problem.

Download this: http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/Hxoh07Rl/file.html

and replace the <scripts> folder from the archive with the one found in YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\ -> scripts

This fixed the compiling problem for me.

This!

So many people reporting compiling errors, apperantly if you manually moved your modkit scripts to content0\scripts in Version 1.08, then there are some leftover 1.08 files after installing patch 1.10 that are causing the compiling errors.

How to fix this:

1. download the new scripts from: http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/Hxoh07Rl/file.html
2. extract downloaded archive
3. open \YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\ and delete or rename folder \scripts\
3. copy folder \scripts\ folder from extracted archive you downloaded in step 1. to \YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\
4. run the game, no more compilation errors (except maybe your merged mods are not properly merged!)

This!

So many people reporting compiling errors, apperantly if you manually moved your modkit scripts to content0\scripts in Version 1.08, then there are some leftover 1.08 files after installing patch 1.10 that are causing the compiling errors.

How to fix this:

1. download the new scripts from: http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/Hxoh07Rl/file.html
3. open \YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\ and delete or rename folder \scripts\
3. copy folder \scripts\ folder from extracted archive you downloaded in step 1. to \YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\
4. run the game, no more compilation errors (except maybe your merged mods are not properly merged!)

I did this but I'm still getting the exact same errors. I get no problems showing when I run script merger, and I tried uninstalling the last mod I added but nope.. still screwed..

I did this but I'm still getting the exact same errors. I get no problems showing when I run script merger, and I tried uninstalling the last mod I added but nope.. still screwed..

Are you sure you did it right?

I had exactly the same problem, and this fixed it. Please post screenshot of your compilation errors.

Are you sure you did it right?

I had exactly the same problem, and this fixed it. Please post screenshot of your compilation errors.

It's in the text file I attached in my previous message (same errors). I suspect that some how it's being caused by the All Skills Active mod (the last one I installed) even though nothing is showing up in script merger. I'll be deleting that and trying again once I've had some lunch!

---------- Updated at 01:31 PM ----------

Hmm I've just renamed the modMergedScripts folder and now the game launches.

I think I may just give up. People keep telling me I need to spend less time on a PC and more time outside....

Anyone knows which mod is giving this error ?? :(
downloaded the scripts in above links and replaced in content folder also. scriptmerger doesn't show any issues. any ideas ?
thinking if its an issue with the mod Better combat enhanced or the slotsslots mod...

Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(49): Function 'Debug_ClearCharacterDevelopment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(108): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(109): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(110): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(111): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(112): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(113): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(114): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(115): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(116): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(117): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(118): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(119): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(120): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(121): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(122): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(123): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(124): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(125): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(126): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(127): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(129): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(130): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(131): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(132): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(133): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(134): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(135): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(136): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(137): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(138): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(139): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(140): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(141): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(142): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'

Still having this issue also. If I use the Ultimate Lighting Mod it crashes but if I delete it out of the Mods folder the game works :/

This!

How to fix this:

uninstalled the game and installed again, followed instructons carfully, but still compiling scripts errors :(

Error [content0]game\quests\quest_function.ws(7065): Function 'SingletonItemsRefillAmmoNoAlco' does not take 1 param(s)Error [content0]game\temp.ws(5834): Function 'AddSlot' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(5841): Function 'EnchantItem' does not take 3 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(5848): Function 'UnenchantItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(11419): Could not find function 'GetPotionAttributesForTooltip'
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12037): Function 'UnenchantItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12042): Function 'UnenchantItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12047): Function 'AddSlot' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12050): Function 'EnchantItem' does not take 3 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guibaseinventorycomponent.ws(447): Function 'IsItemEnchanted' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guibaseinventorycomponent.ws(549): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guienchantinginventorycomponent.ws(38): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(20): Function 'GetSlotItemsLimit' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(36): Function 'GetItemPriceAddSlot' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(38): Function 'GetSlotItemsLimit' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(49): Function 'AddSlot' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(51): Function 'GetSlotItemsLimit' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guisocketsinventorycomponent.ws(91): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guitooltipcomponent.ws(238): Could not find function 'GetPotionAttributesForTooltip'
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guitooltipcomponent.ws(321): Function 'IsItemEnchanted' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guitooltipcomponent.ws(561): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guitooltipcomponent.ws(564): Could not find function 'GetParamsForRunewordTooltip'
Error [content0]game\gui\r4guiscenecontroller.ws(170): Unable to convert from '&array:2,0,SItemUniqueId' to '&array:2,0,CName'
Error [content0]game\gui\r4guiscenecontroller.ws(170): With parameter 'items'
Error [modimmersivecam]game\player\r4player.ws(2243): Could not find function 'IsItemSaddle'
Error [modimmersivecam]game\player\r4player.ws(2253): Could not find function 'IsItemBlinders'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\containers\container.ws(555): Function 'GenerateItemLevel' does not take 2 param(s)
Error [modunlimiteddurability]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(3973): Unable to convert from 'Int32' to 'handle:CInventoryComponent'
Error [modunlimiteddurability]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(3973): With parameter 'invComp'
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(991): Function 'GenerateItemLevel' does not take 2 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\blacksmithmenu.ws(144): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(247): Could not find function 'GetParamsForRunewordTooltip'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(326): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(422): Function 'UnenchantItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(423): Function 'EnchantItem' does not take 3 param(s)

uninstalled the game and installed again, followed instructons carfully, but still compiling scripts errors :(

Error [content0]game\quests\quest_function.ws(7065): Function 'SingletonItemsRefillAmmoNoAlco' does not take 1 param(s)Error [content0]game\temp.ws(5834): Function 'AddSlot' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(5841): Function 'EnchantItem' does not take 3 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(5848): Function 'UnenchantItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(11419): Could not find function 'GetPotionAttributesForTooltip'
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12037): Function 'UnenchantItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12042): Function 'UnenchantItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12047): Function 'AddSlot' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12050): Function 'EnchantItem' does not take 3 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guibaseinventorycomponent.ws(447): Function 'IsItemEnchanted' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guibaseinventorycomponent.ws(549): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guienchantinginventorycomponent.ws(38): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(20): Function 'GetSlotItemsLimit' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(36): Function 'GetItemPriceAddSlot' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(38): Function 'GetSlotItemsLimit' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(49): Function 'AddSlot' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guiaddsocketsinventorycomponent.ws(51): Function 'GetSlotItemsLimit' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guisocketsinventorycomponent.ws(91): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guitooltipcomponent.ws(238): Could not find function 'GetPotionAttributesForTooltip'
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guitooltipcomponent.ws(321): Function 'IsItemEnchanted' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guitooltipcomponent.ws(561): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\_old\components\guitooltipcomponent.ws(564): Could not find function 'GetParamsForRunewordTooltip'
Error [content0]game\gui\r4guiscenecontroller.ws(170): Unable to convert from '&array:2,0,SItemUniqueId' to '&array:2,0,CName'
Error [content0]game\gui\r4guiscenecontroller.ws(170): With parameter 'items'
Error [modimmersivecam]game\player\r4player.ws(2243): Could not find function 'IsItemSaddle'
Error [modimmersivecam]game\player\r4player.ws(2253): Could not find function 'IsItemBlinders'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\containers\container.ws(555): Function 'GenerateItemLevel' does not take 2 param(s)
Error [modunlimiteddurability]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(3973): Unable to convert from 'Int32' to 'handle:CInventoryComponent'
Error [modunlimiteddurability]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(3973): With parameter 'invComp'
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(991): Function 'GenerateItemLevel' does not take 2 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\blacksmithmenu.ws(144): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(247): Could not find function 'GetParamsForRunewordTooltip'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(326): Function 'GetEnchantment' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(422): Function 'UnenchantItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(423): Function 'EnchantItem' does not take 3 param(s)

Arghh, I'm re-downloading after uninstalling the game thinking that would solve my issue but if you still have the issue then I'm screwed :/

Anyone knows which mod is giving this error ?? :(
downloaded the scripts in above links and replaced in content folder also. scriptmerger doesn't show any issues. any ideas ?
thinking if its an issue with the mod Better combat enhanced or the slotsslots mod...

I got similar errors from Remove Level Requirements and also possibly for All Skills Active. I'm knackered and wish I'd never started. Think it's fixed and it breaks again.

---------- Updated at 03:33 PM ----------

Still having this issue also. If I use the Ultimate Lighting Mod it crashes but if I delete it out of the Mods folder the game works :/

I'd already uninstalled ULM :(

it's very strange that thre are so many problems/errors with modding this game, something isn't right, something basic and important

Well, I've revalidated my game, done that script file reinstallation and now get:

Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.

now there is only one error

Error [modbasescripts]engine\physicsworld.ws(9): Cannot find structure 'SCollisionInfo' to import

can anyone recognize the problem?

What really gives me a headache is that the files listed in the error report:

Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.

don't appear in any of the mods that cause the error to generate. I'm reinstalling one at a time, checking script merger, launching the game, recording the error, deleting the mod, checking the game still launches. So far these are the mods I've had a problem with:

KNG Black horse mod
KNG Slow motion toggle key
Geralt is Smart
Over 9000
Never Encumbered
No Level Requirements
No Fall Damage
No Stair Rolling
All Skills Active

Well, I've revalidated my game, done that script file reinstallation and now get:

They look like the exact issues I had. I uninstalled the game and went into where it was installed and deleted any left over files that had anything to do with this game as well as all files from my documents (except save files lol). Once I re-downloaded it it's works but if I try with the mod it has the issues with scripts again.

What really gives me a headache is that the files listed in the error report:

don't appear in any of the mods that cause the error to generate. I'm reinstalling one at a time, checking script merger, launching the game, recording the error, deleting the mod, checking the game still launches. So far these are the mods I've had a problem with:

KNG Black horse mod
KNG Slow motion toggle key
Geralt is Smart
Over 9000
Never Encumbered
No Level Requirements
No Fall Damage
No Stair Rolling
All Skills Active

I'm getting these errors too, recently posted to the thread for Ultimate Lightning Mod.

Face Them also gives the same ones.

Top Bottom