Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
now im kind of disappointed we wont get 16 hours of sex, i mean how many hours of pure sex are there in the game then? 10? 5?

Just when I started being at peace with the graphics downgrade, we get a sexual downgrade, as a customer I demand compensation for the inexcusable state of the final game and its false advertising !!

I think Ultra at 30 FPS full HD sounds very reasonable, with just tweaking 2 or 3 settings to high or off, which in Ultra tend to destroy your rig for not a that much improved image quality in most games, you'll likely achieve 45 to 60 FPS during most of the game.
Ultra at 30 FPS full HD is i think is reasonable. But 30 FPS at High is no way reasonable. But in the Gamestar article by what i understood from the google translation they said that they want the Ultra settings to work as good with the same machine it was running High on.

now im kind of disappointed we wont get 16 hours of sex, i mean how many hours of pure sex are there in the game then? 10? 5?

Just when I started being at peace with the graphics downgrade, we get a sexual downgrade, as a customer I demand compensation for the inexcusable state of the final game and its false advertising !!
HaHa you're funny man, mod it in for us later! ;)

Ultra at 30 FPS full HD is i think is reasonable. But 30 FPS at High is no way reasonable. But in the Gamestar article by what i understood from the google translation they said that they want the Ultra settings to work as good with the same machine it was running High on.

We still don't have a proof that game ran at 30fps. Even then, dips could have been map loading (skyrim-like).. In addiction to that, the declaration about ultra settings simply shows that they probably still have not worked on it. Still this does not negate the fact that they'll work on it and we'll have the game we've been waiting for. Everyone should believe this without solid proof of technical difficulties.. which in fact does not exist

I could not read the entire post, so I don't know if this has been said.
This is an interview in Spanish, made to Michal Stec, producer of art and ultimately responsible for the appearance with the characters and scenarios in the game. They did it after World Hands-on event, so I put it and translate it.

Here is the video:
http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/videos/entrevista-exclusiva-witcher-3-wild-hunt-107878

- You feel the pressure to work with such high expectations?
Yes, firstly, we are very excited with so many people waiting for the game. It is very stressful, but at the same time gives us the energy to do the best we can. Convert stress into positive energy.
- You can confirm that the delay was due to improvements and no other reason?
I can confirm 100%. It's to make the best possible game. It is a decision we make knowing how it looked and played The Witcher 3. There were and there are still some bugs that need to be fixed to get the best possible experience.
- You find difficult to make a game based on the story when the time is a sandbox with over 30 ends and which is also based on characters and locations taken from the books?
It is extremely difficult, I will not lie about it. We have to focus on that we do not forget anything, the player takes a clear idea of what the game is:
a monster hunter looking for his family and the child of prophecy. At the same time must be given complete freedom to move with things as the horse, boat, swim or dive, on great locations. So we made a very personal story of Geralt. A story that ended the trilogy.
- This is the final chapter of the trilogy, but what it means for players who have not played the first two games?
Not to worry. It is a completely separate story, which does not need the previous to be coherent.. Furthermore, in the game we will have what happened in The Witcher 1 and 2 in spectacular animated sequences. Finally, if you want to influence the world of 'Wild Hunt', is not mandatory but can be done, you can answer some questions about witcher 1 and 2 before playing the game. It is a very good story.
- The game map is huge, but how deep? What kind of secondary activities await us in The Witcher 3?
The world is huge, and still a world that is not seen in the maps, which is underground. The caves, catacombs and sewers of cities and inside buildings multiply the size of the game. Basically you're a monster hunter, traveling around the world, you follow the trail of creatures, hunt them and choose whether or not kill them. So many quests of this type. You need to upgrade your equipment to hunt increasingly powerful monsters. There are also horse racing and underwater activities. You can access side missions that arise along the way or found on the boards in some locations.
- Where does the inspiration it takes to recreate some locations that did not appear in the books?
We seek inspiration in the real world. Often use photographs and paintings. The paintings give you the feel of real places, but with a magical feel. Also, the paintings give us the light we want in each area. Of course, we released give freedom to our artists to capture their view of a location..
- What advantage is gained by having a second character, as Ciri?
Well, it's true that you have advantages in controlling Ciri. A lot of things, but I will not talk much about it. I think it's better the players discover for themselves.
- How have you addressed the approach to adult themes such as violence or sex, which are part of history and books?
From the beginning Witcher games have been mature, for an adult audience.. We get a lot of attention on it. Sex and violence are on the books, but they are also part of our life. It's good to be in the game, but in a positive way. For example, in the game we have female characters are strong and influential as sorceresses and policies. And sex is part of it. Besides, you're a monster hunter and you have to hunt and kill in the game.
- And speaking of violence, how you have developed fighting style Geralt with two swords?
In the books is often described as a dance, so it was something that was established in the first game and then we improved with new animations. We have great motion capture actors who have developed this style.
- Finally, what differences can be found between the versions of PC and consoles?
Are the same game. We have three identical monitors that reproduce sequences of the 3 formats. We pay attention to them to be identical, and really looks spectacular at any fomat.

Last edited:
Reading and watching the interviews makes it clear that they are trying to tip-toe the fine line between maintaining "the platform equality" on the outside and trying to contain the PC's superiority on the inside. Even the body language when watching these videos (watch the Greek interview few pages back) shows, that they don't like to hear those questions and even have to catch themselves in the middle of an answer.

MS deal in the works:troll:

It's obviously a PR statement, this is probably the 7736475347435th time a developer of a videogame hitting multiple platforms has said that, why is it surprising suddenly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom