Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neogaf

AND THEN THERE’S THE QUESTIONS HE DIDN’T ANSWER
Like this one, for example: “The Witcher has never been coy in its presentation of sex and sexuality. Has the recent furore over Gamergate, Anita Sarkeesian, and gender in gaming impacted how CDP approaches the subject of sex and the depiction of women?”

Given the controversy over the first Witcher’s naked collector cards and then the whole fiasco with the barely-clad fembot in the Cyberpunk trailer, you’d think CDP would have something to say on this issue. Apparently not. A pity.

Quality journalism strikes again.

Why do people keep asking those questions, the witcher games have had sexual content in them long before Anita Sarkeesian was whining on the internet. And only now people are having a problem with it.

Sure not all of the cards or the playboy cover was very 'tactful' or appropriate or whatever you want to name it. But isn't it time that the world accepts there are games with mature content (Violent or sexual.) in them and not every game has to be able to be played by 12 year old boys, who might play those games anyway.

Good, I wouldn't answer those ?'s either lol... Why should he! :)
I bet there will be lots of sexy stuff in this game, why talk about it and spoil it for players.
Let us play the game CDPR has intended, sex and all and just enjoy it ourselves.
Trying to explain things like sex & religion in a game is a loaded question.
It's a trap, a total can of worms, when crazy fanatical groups/individuals named so & so walk the earth!
It's just a bad idea, good move red :)

Links to articles showing leaked information from the hands-on event is not allowed until the embargo lifts.

:rly?:

Anyhow, that economy system and how the hell is it supposed not to be exploited ad nauseam through fast travel is still a mystery to me.

my first guess is cooldowns. Perhaps once you deliver and sell a batch of goods from Skellige, you won't be able to do so for a while.

My second guess is probably improbable yet optimistic thinking that the economy is sophisticated enough that the devs have also placed in a kind of supply and demand methodology to the management of resources that the prices of "imported" goods adjust depending on how you influence the area's economy, for better or worse, which may make the repetitive process you're referring to not as exploitable.

---------- Updated at 08:53 AM ----------

my first guess is cooldowns. Perhaps once you deliver and sell a batch of goods from Skellige, you won't be able to do so for a while.

My second guess is probably improbable yet optimistic thinking that the economy is sophisticated enough that the devs have also placed in a kind of supply and demand methodology to the management of resources that the prices of "imported" goods adjust depending on how you influence the area's economy, for better or worse, which may make the repetitive process you're referring to not as exploitable.

---------- Updated at 08:53 AM ----------

If ti works like real economy then you can abuse it always just for a short moment. I think it is not as hard to implement supply demand model. On the other hand I think that putting economy like that into game has no profitable purpose for gameplay.

I think it could also work in way as rpgs work. If you buy you pay way way more than if you sell. So only way how to make it profitable is obtain fish trough the quest and instead of selling it in harbor for 5 you can sell it somewhere middleearth for 20. Buying the fish in the harbor could cost 25 and in the middleearth 60.

Maybe (Fast)Traveling between Skellige, No-Mans-Land and Novigrad always costs supplies from Geralt? That could be neat way to ensure you cant farm resources and money forever by taking advantage of different economies by bouncing between them.

Maybe (Fast)Traveling between Skellige, No-Mans-Land and Novigrad always costs supplies from Geralt? That could be neat way to ensure you cant farm resources and money forever by taking advantage of different economies by bouncing between them.

That sounds more like a hassle for those who aren't interested in playing the traveling merchant, and honestly, forcing a condition on the only way you have to switch between hubs sounds like a bad idea. No, I think that would make things pointlessly worse for the sake of an economy system with uncertain reason of being. No offense meant towards your opinion, of course :)

Anyway, if they chose to implement it I'm sure they have a good reason and that they kept in mind what would ultimately be fun for the player. It's just that by how they've been presenting it, considering they've never really explained it in depth, it's still too vague to grasp and judge. We'll see.

Oh, and we can see you lurking @GingerEffect, I know it isn't your field of work (if I remember correctly, at least...), but you're welcome to chime in if you want :hai:

Last edited:
I'm here to read feedback from time to time. It is always interesting to see what the community has to say and sometimes I will relay that to other devs or another dev will catch it and bring it up. If you see me lurking you should only take one thing away from it...I'm reading and interested in what the community has to say (also sometimes amused about speculation about certain events in the...ah, I can't spoiler. XD )

I usually don't post a lot because a lot of it, I do not have enough details to give sufficient feedback/information and....I also happen to work. I can only write so much in my short breaks. ;)

Anyway, carry on! :cheers:

Thanks a lot for your time, Ginger. It's always heartwarming for me to see a RED's post here and there. Well, like a CDPR's mark that remind us we are not alone along this cruel awaiting. ;)

I'm here to read feedback from time to time. It is always interesting to see what the community has to say and sometimes I will relay that to other devs or another dev will catch it and bring it up. If you see me lurking you should only take one thing away from it...I'm reading and interested in what the community has to say (also sometimes amused about speculation about certain events in the...ah, I can't spoiler. XD )

I usually don't post a lot because a lot of it, I do not have enough details to give sufficient feedback/information and....I also happen to work. I can only write so much in my short breaks. ;)

Anyway, carry on! :cheers:

I know, I know, it was just a friendly cheap attempt at extorting information. We appreciate your presence regardless of how much you post, and needless to say, we appreciate your work even more :cheers:

@Marcin Momot Can we please see a new screen shot or something, before tomorrow?
I know you guys want to wait until friday.. just to get us through the weekend and all, but that's a bad idea! lol..
Come on...just one please.. and share the rest tomorrow? It's a win,win :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom