Kaldurenik's TW2 review etc etc

+
Nolenthar said:
challenging like hard ?
I got bored quite fast by that game but I don't remind it hard...

Very hard challenging, some people just give up and blame the game.

fchopin said:

That's why easy/normal/hard should really mean what they say.

I think you should be killed when you screw up, but you should be able to beat anything in a few attempts. I don't like games where you can do your first playthrough without ever dying.

fchopin said:

You didn't get me. I wasn't bored by the challenge the game offered (I remind none), I got bored by the game itself. Nothing there for me. I'm not saying that's a bad game, I'm just saying I really didn't like it.

Nolenthar said:
Then I don't get it, you died a lot, I guess like everyone in some different places.
The first fight at the ballista I guess, at least a couple of times, the fight in the temple, back in the day where there were still craploads of soldiers, the fight against the nekkers in the cave, most likely the endryaga rush in the forest where they all decided to kill you, maybe even the attacks of elves in Malena quest, the first fight with Letho, and a few other fights in the game where you got surprised by the opposition.

Boss fight were rather easy, I may agree. Maybe because the mechanics were quite obvious, and maybe cause you had an already powerful arsenal at your disposal.

However, if you didn't find any of those parts difficult, without using craploads of bombs and Quen, then you're definitely an hardcore player, and I don't think any game should catter to such a rare trait.

Could not use bombs as the crashed my game ;) i think i wrote it in the first post.

And everyone use Quen as you die in 2-5 hits if you dont (depending on how you built your character). But yeah maybe it is a okey level on how hard it is... Maybe no one would play it if it was even harder. But i just wish they would scale the combat better so that the difficulty progress in a good way. And rebalance some of the obvious OP stuff.

Kaldurenik said:
Could not use bombs as the crashed my game ;) i think i wrote it in the first post.

And everyone use Quen as you die in 2-5 hits if you dont (depending on how you built your character). But yeah maybe it is a okey level on how hard it is... Maybe no one would play it if it was even harder. But i just wish they would scale the combat better so that the difficulty progress in a good way. And rebalance some of the obvious OP stuff.

I don't use Quen (neither bomb that is, not cause it crashed but cause I don't see it as a Witcher tool), I used it on my first playthrough and quickly understood it was OP.
Play that game without Quen, and you'll see it's not easy, but definitely doable with a few death from time to time.
Insane without Quen, no way, I agree :)

However, we both agree some abilities are OP and needs balancing. Quen, Bombs, and other stuff I guess.

Nolenthar said:
I don't use Quen (neither bomb that is, not cause it crashed but cause I don't see it as a Witcher tool), I used it on my first playthrough and quickly understood it was OP.
Play that game without Quen, and you'll see it's not easy, but definitely doable with a few death from time to time.
Insane without Quen, no way, I agree :)

However, we both agree some abilities are OP and needs balancing. Quen, Bombs, and other stuff I guess.
Yes igini, bombs, quen, rolling, block need to be changed to make it faster but allow mobs attacks to "break" blocks so you cant just camp with it ;).

But yeah i will give it a try after 2.0 and see if i can do it without Quen i have the feeling that it will be hard :)

You was asking to name a hard game so i did, you said nothing about liking a game.

Risen is much harder game than TW2. imo TW2 is an easy game.

fchopin said:
You was asking to name a hard game so i did, you said nothing about liking a game.

Risen is much harder game than TW2. imo TW2 is an easy game.

Try playing it without Quen.

beowulfinvalhalla said:
Try playing it without Quen.

But come on Risen is hard also Risen is hard because all the AI did was block...not actually fight so idk. It's a reason they are changing the combat AI.

Chromie92 said:
But come on Risen is hard also Risen is hard because all the AI did was block...not actually fight so idk. It's a reason they are changing the combat AI.

I think i played a mage of some kind in that game but it was a while since i played it. All i remember was that i found the last boss very very very very very bad.

Top Bottom