Kinley goes to Gamescom

+
I think that on the FOV subject you can be able to set your preference in the options menu, but it does not require a zoom function.

First of all: thank you for doing this interview, @Kinley~

Will we encounter other witcher schools or ruins of other witcher schools?
Ruins? I don’t know, but definitely the armors that we mentioned already are related to the other witcher schools.

Bear school confirmed.

- @MilezZ is kinda short.

Aw, come on. He doesn't need to be tall to be great.
Plus he's one of the nicest level designers out there and he has a pointy haircut that would make a unicorn jealous.
No wait... that sounds stupid.

Forget all I wrote above. In fact, forget all I wrote on this forum.
I want to be on the safe side....

I think that on the FOV subject you can be able to set your preference in the options menu, but it does not require a zoom function.

This is what Marcin had said months ago. Hopefully still the case. Madness corrected me on the inventory issue, seems we can cycle through tabs, which is great.

Nice interviews Kinley! I like the fact that they changed potion system a bit and that you can turn off hints for potion and oils, I hope same goes for quest markers.

View attachment 5363
Fantastic to hear someone who actually knows the world ask questions (and great ones at that).

Attachments

• roche.jpg
    roche.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 53
So we know gear customization and upgrades are in, we also saw it in a recent artwork. Are these upgrades linear or can we chose which elements we can upgrade?
You’re probably addressing the special witcher armors, actually the concept for that is not the final concept that will be visible in the game. But collecting the parts of the armor and the base set of it you set a ground for crafting the upgrades for them. Of course you can choose to upgrade only gloves or only boots, but best stats will be only if you craft everything together and the best looks are achieved then.

So are there going to be set bonuses?
Yes, there are sets. And there are a couple of upgrades for each part of the set.

I should've worded my question more plainly.

Are we going to be able to customize each part of the armors? Can I remove the black messenger bag or the pauldrons in LVL 4 because I don't think it looks good for example or can I go back to LVL 1 chest leather armor while keeping the LVL2 hauberk?

It's too late now though.

Great job @Kinley bear! Many thanks for this...and for your hard work! Seriously, if I could give you any more Thanks and REDpoints I would. :laughing:

And cool of the devs to be so...well...cool. ^_^ :respect:

All in all a damn good job! :thumbsup:

@Kinley: Thanks for the interview! The answer about Linux sounds like a non answer: "might be planned but I don't know about it yet". Also, did you have a chance to ask about SteamOS ad confusion?

Disappointing to hear they are no longer considering a PC centric UI. I guess at this point we can only cross our fingers and hope they come up with a good compromise.

Agreed. I really hoped they'd avoid UI consolization problems like in TW2. Making a compromise means they won't be able to avoid them. Let's hope they'll at least minimize them.

Last edited:
Outstanding, even for 'mere' 15 minutes of developer grilling.
So called professionals should take a few pages from your book.

Again, thanks bunches for the effort (and future efforts, a Peter Gelencser interview would be the icing on the cake).

Were there any questions or subjects (besides the Alvin's fate one) Michal Stec and/or Stan Just absolutely didn't want to say anything about, by the way? And if so, which ones?

Last edited:
Yeah a shame he couldn't connect with Peter or Jakub, (a lead writer, can't remember his last name) those two have given the best interviews that I've seen so far.

Thank you for doing this bro! Best interview by far, and im not just saying it because you asked the questions that i posted :p

I thought it was pretty obvious that Alvin was Jacques De Aldersberg?

Yeah, it was. They did everything short of having someone show up and say "DID YOU KNOW HE WAS ALVIN? BECAUSE HE TOTALLY WAS. ALVIN. SINCERELY: THE DEVS." Some people just seem to have this aversion to Occam's Razor though.

And, of course, thanks be to Kinley.

:victory:

Thank you for a decent interview. I'm tired of viewing interviews where the guys asks the most basic of questions, like who Geralt is, why is his hair white and what not. Again Thank you.

Disappointing to hear they are no longer considering a PC centric UI. I guess at this point we can only cross our fingers and hope they come up with a good compromise. Adjusting FOV is out as well, but what I've seen so far of the dynamic camera it may not be necessary. Overall, lots of good info, especially the interview with Stec. Thanks to Kinley and REDs for making it possible.

No more PC UI? No more FOV slider? This is pure betrayal and serious dumb down on PC version. I hope CDPR will end up like Crytek one day. They have no core values now as when a dev grows big Call of Duty crowd is what they aim for. This is the worst news ever.

And sorry for my manners, thank you Kinley for your effort. We need people like you who know what questions to ask. Not some journalist that just doing their work asking normal questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom