Lack of variety in Sex scenes

+
I too was hoping for more variety and more partners. There were a LOT of other characters that I came across during my 160+ hrs of playing that I thought would be great to seduce, but never had the option. And while what they had was cool visually, I agree that I was hoping for a lot more ways to distinguish the scenes other than cut n paste a different person in. I'm now just hoping the expansions do just that... expand on this! More variety, and more women! Geralt has needs! And hell, if Ciri is involved in the expansions, I wouldn't mind a scene or two for her where she can seduce ladies as well! After all, during a quest in the game, I chose a dialogue choice for her that said she preferred women... lol

I think obviously with any game you can pick out minor faults. Whilst these criticisms are valid, I still think Witcher 3 is a perfect game, taken as a whole. When people play the game, they take it for what it is worth on a "big picture" basis, and relatively minor or insignificant details do not detract from it.

Having said that, it would be nice if there were 2-3 more partners to romance, and if Ciri had a chance to romance a few characters. Intimate scenes were done to an excellent standard, although further variety could add to the immersion. I've seen some of Witcher 2's sex scenes and they seem more varied and dynamic.

It's fine if CDPR doesn't want to implement these changes in the next expansion(s). But I think that our ideas may be useful for future game development, and that's the least that we owe them.

Don't know how to write this message came to developers - if you know, tell me where, I'll write there...
The point is what is annoying me, the censorship in the game... once you're done (well, at least in the Russian voice) mats variety in voice acting, why the characters/SPC thatensure?!
The same ladies of easy virtue, even in the trailers of sex with Geralt or in underwear (panties) or fully dressed (bra panties)... and the main characters (Triss-Yennefer also)... And only quest in the bath, all NPC and CRIS clearly dressed, although it should be Vice versa...
Especially in the 1st-the 2nd part with all that was well and the exact same Moren for example freely sported in "the buff" and it added to the realism of the game and not looked wildly and stuff...
I understand there "games children play" and stuff, but I've been an adult (30 years old)... would have Made in the settings to enable/disable such censorship in any patch 1.08 for example... Automatic censorship enabled, and if you want to disconnect... for children And let parents watch, not to act corruptly and extra stuff, and right now these children are 5 years old know more about sex than I was at 34...
Here and I don't know how to reach the developers with such a request - tell me...

Well.... I held off for a very long time. But I fully agree with OP. THere was talk about how many hours they recorded sex scenes. The end game really only has ONE sequence and a few short build ups that is nowhere near what I was hoping for (the 'true' Sex scene with Yen is a child's imagination if you dare compare it to the 'erotic sex' scene with Triss in the elven ruins. Really? Running wolves.... come on!!) Add that this sequence is used in every single scene and you see my point.

And it truly does look alot more censored (ie Beginning of TW2 when you wake up triss compare to everything in TW3).
While the game on a whole is amazing. There are things in it that truly dissappoints. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but I still believe in their attempt to reach a much wider audience they lost some things that gave Witcher that extra bite. That edge. Still an awsome game though

-*Edit
Hopefully they add some more sex scenes in the upcoming expansions.

I like to voice my opinion as i'm truly disappointed on Witcher 3 sex scenes as well as the grim settings of Witcher 3 world. It seems this game was SEVERELY toned down for the mass audience. Topless woman has bad textures and mostly few variety, torture scene was not shown and even the voice acting is so bad (compared that of Philippa torture scene in Witcher 2, this is such a joke). and even some scenes totally gone black without nothing.

This is the biggest problem when going to mass audience. It has to tone down and i'm very disappointed on this. Not to mentioned their parity in EVERYTHING. CDPR has gone down the drain for me. Sadly to say, but only hardcore fans will defend them. Of course i may have my own opinion.

I like to voice my opinion as i'm truly disappointed on Witcher 3 sex scenes as well as the grim settings of Witcher 3 world. It seems this game was SEVERELY toned down for the mass audience. Topless woman has bad textures and mostly few variety, torture scene was not shown and even the voice acting is so bad (compared that of Philippa torture scene in Witcher 2, this is such a joke). and even some scenes totally gone black without nothing.

This is the biggest problem when going to mass audience. It has to tone down and i'm very disappointed on this. Not to mentioned their parity in EVERYTHING. CDPR has gone down the drain for me. Sadly to say, but only hardcore fans will defend them. Of course i may have my own opinion.

They have hardly gone down the drain. Come on be serious.

Just compare the Triss scenes:
Witcher 2: Well made, unique animations and relatively explicit= fits in the Witcher world and games, which tries to not shy away from adult content no matter if it's violence, mature topics or sex
[video=youtube;pxKRt-Kx9Ps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxKRt-Kx9Ps&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3 Fv%3DpxKRt-Kx9Ps&has_verified=1[/video]

Witcher 3: Short, boring,tame, copy/pasted animations and body model from all other scenes except Yen. = bioware like scene which doesn'tfit in the Witcher universe and games and feels censored

Yeah. Even though it's an R18+ game, I think there's an unspoken understanding between CDPR and its audience that there will be underage people buying and playing this game. If they made the scenes too explicit, it would affect their bottom line.

I think one potential solution could be to insert an option to enable/disable sex scenes. This would provide some flexibility but the downside is that it may break the immersion and ruin the story.

It's a tough balance, really.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but I still believe in their attempt to reach a much wider audience they lost some things that gave Witcher that extra bite. That edge. Still an awsome game though.

Thats exactly it.

They can still tell a great story with better characters than any thing else.
Rockstar, Bioware and many others can tell a great story. CDPR stood above those guys for many years.
Toning things down just brings them back to the field.

---------- Updated at 09:29 AM ----------

This is the biggest problem when going to mass audience. It has to tone down and i'm very disappointed on this.

They dont have to tone things down. They chose to.
Or more likely, were told to by Sony and "The all in one entertainment system"

Hell even the kiss with triss at the fountain was heavily censored. Too bad as its a good scene but we cant see it without free-cam. What baffles me is that scene has no nudity whatsoever and instead of showing it then focus on her bloody shoes. while with freecam you see its a beautifully done kiss.

I don't get what happened to the 16 hours of motion capture dry humping they recorded when about 5 minutes of it made it into the game.

You need more sex scenes between Geralt and Yennefer....and the unicorn :). We need better mature sex scenes next time. This is a mature game, don't tone it down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom