Law Suit

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
sure, but as I said before they are refunding everyone. There's no basis for a suit. You have to be injured in some say for the court to do anything.

The judge will look at the filings and say "Says here they offered to give you back your money. Did you take it?"
If you say no, they'll ask why not.
If you say yes, they'll ask why you're there. What more do you want? And then they'll say to get out.

I understand your point but I have no reference if everyone will get back his money as you mentioned. Steam declined twice my ask for a refund.

And now I am waiting for a reply of helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com.

sure, but as I said before they are refunding everyone. There's no basis for a suit. You have to be injured in some say for the court to do anything.

The judge will look at the filings and say "Says here they offered to give you back your money. Did you take it?"
If you say no, they'll ask why not.
If you say yes, they'll ask why you're there. What more do you want? And then they'll say to get out.

I understand that. And I’m not calling for that kind of action. I won’t be returning my game because I’m hoping To see improvements and additions in 2021.

im a fan of the studio and the games in general.

my point is really questioning the extent to which they delivered on their own commitments.

perhaps didn’t make that clear enough in my original post.

Things are getting worse for CDPR everyday. They need to fix and finish the game ASAP
...or, at least, put out a proper statement and roadmap that goes beyond making the thing playable on all platforms.

Still, I think a lawsuit is a bit much... CDPR is by far not the first (or worst) offender when it comes to false advertising and misrepresenting their product. Then again, they might be easier to sue then, say, EA... could end badly.

Whoa whoa whoa, this is all getting a little torches and pitchforks.

I bought this game on preorder for PS4, I followed the same press and prerelease info on twitter and I watched the same demo videos. At No Point did I expect the game to look like that on the ps4!

Why? Because I've been a gamer since 1984 when my older brother got a spectrum. Game developers have always shown their games in the best possible light and they have always had big dreams for what they want to achieve. That is how we end up with amazing worlds and stories. The reality is that more often than not the hardware isn't quite there, or the dream was a little too ambitious for the time and money available.

When you go to a motorshow and you look at a concept car, they are showing you what they would like to make. In reality you often end up with a slightly better version of the old car, sometimes it's just the old car in a new body.
Every now and again there's a quirky sports car which looks smashing, but the doors don't open and close properly and it's likely to throw you at a tree if it rains. Personally I'd rather live in a world where the sportscar exists.

My preorder money was a gamble, not as much of a gamble as buying shares admittedly I did it because I wanted the game to be made. Its been made, they keep patching it.

They have made a fantastic world that needs some tweaks and more content.

To go back to my car analogy, when it turned up the engine kept cutting out and they took it back to the garage and they're fixing it under warranty. But they also offered me a refund!

Nobody's kids have died, it's s game that isn't quite as pretty as you hoped and you can't beat your girlfriend to death with a sextoy.

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit and stop.

the foundation of this game is great, the city is great. Just needs more stuff, more side activities, better AI and less bugs.
I love GIGS and i enjoyed Main story. Maybe ending not so much. ;)

You people are ridiculous. The hatred you have for this game is beyond precedent. Imagine hyping yourself up for something then wanting to hold the developers hostage because they didn't make the game exactly how you wanted. :rolleyes:

I think you misunderstand how reasonable it is to expect a game that is 'as advertised'.

My version on Series X is largely fine but it's still bug-ridden and I'm tired of fighting through bugs and glitches.

I don't want a refund, I'm ambivalent about law suits which usually turn out to be hot air, but please don't try to pin this on angry players, this is entirely on the company.

I was hankering to play a real RPG so I cranked open 9-year old Skyrim and I'm having a blast.

Yeah, and they'll get in court and tell the judge that they already got refunds on the game. The judge will say something like "You already got a refund. What the hell more do you want? Get out of here."

Game is sold "As-is" from the start, and they are refunding anyone that wants one. There's nothing to sue over.

Yeah Im not saying they have a chance. Greedy lawyers are greedy

only fixing bugs won't redeem the name. They must add features that people ask for. Or maybe even more.

The lawsuits isn't only about the poor performance, it's about possible false advertising as well, ie. they delivered a game that doesn't match what they were peddling all along.

As for adding the missing features, I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of stuff that got cut from the game were due to them having to develop for the lowest hardware spec that should support the game, in this case the PS4/Xbox One. If they removed features because of this there is no way they can add them back into the game. If they did they'd end up with a gimped PS4/Xbox One version, and a proper PS5/XbX/PC version.

Based on those suspicions and the fact that the last gen console players would have a fit if they had to settle for a version that lacks features only available on PC and PS5/XbX we're not going to see the kind of turnaround we saw with No Mans Sky happening with CP2077.

If they had ditched the last gen console version from the get go I bet we'd have a completely different game to what they finally delivered.

It'd mainly be bad for us as if a lawsuit is effective and the company gets hit hard enough then they may abandon the game all together and personally I'd rather see them 'No Man's Sky' this then abandon it.

the foundation of this game is great, the city is great. Just needs more stuff, more side activities, better AI and less bugs.
I love GIGS and i enjoyed Main story. Maybe ending not so much. ;)
World interactivity is a big thing they hyped up in the trailers that ended up being removed/ downgraded. Things like being able to sit in a bar and listen to the music, dancing in clubs, and eating food at vendors. Things like that are important to the immersion and are removed entirely in the free roam. These can be easily implemented in the game because you can already do them in scripted events during quests. By January or February the patch better implement all of these.

The lawsuits isn't only about the poor performance, it's about possible false advertising as well, ie. they delivered a game that doesn't match what they were peddling all along.

As for adding the missing features, I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of stuff that got cut from the game were due to them having to develop for the lowest hardware spec that should support the game, in this case the PS4/Xbox One. If they removed features because of this there is no way they can add them back into the game. If they did they'd end up with a gimped PS4/Xbox One version, and a proper PS5/XbX/PC version.

Based on those suspicions and the fact that the last gen console players would have a fit if they had to settle for a version that lacks features only available on PC and PS5/XbX we're not going to see the kind of turnaround we saw with No Mans Sky happening with CP2077.

If they had ditched the last gen console version from the get go I bet we'd have a completely different game to what they finally delivered.

although I do not own a ps5 and would have been disappointed to have to wait - I would have preferred this outcome to what we have.

It'd mainly be bad for us as if a lawsuit is effective and the company gets hit hard enough then they may abandon the game all together and personally I'd rather see them 'No Man's Sky' this then abandon it.
True true... I doubt it, though. They aren't EA, they can't drop their newest flagship title just like that, that would be business suicide.

I think you misunderstand how reasonable it is to expect a game that is 'as advertised'.

My version on Series X is largely fine but it's still bug-ridden and I'm tired of fighting through bugs and glitches.

I don't want a refund, I'm ambivalent about law suits which usually turn out to be hot air, but please don't try to pin this on angry players, this is entirely on the company.

I was hankering to play a real RPG so I cranked open 9-year old Skyrim and I'm having a blast.

THIS!

I can deal with the below par visuals on base consoles so long as I’m playing an RPG with freedom and a little depth and interactivity.
I’ll probably do the same and get Skyrim on later.

I understand that. And I’m not calling for that kind of action. I won’t be returning my game because I’m hoping To see improvements and additions in 2021.

im a fan of the studio and the games in general.

my point is really questioning the extent to which they delivered on their own commitments.

perhaps didn’t make that clear enough in my original post.

My point was more about people claiming they are going to sue. It happens all the time when a game launches. People wanting to sue for any number of reasons. I was just pointing out that there would be no point. Especially with refunds being offered.

Apparently it's investors suing. I can't imagine that going any better either.

Well I am sorry to say but I didn't sue anybody. But in fact that Sony put the game out of their stock and those news from America isn't really good news. And I don't hate the game. I love it. But I don't quite understand the decisions which have been made and the content which has been cut out.

It was take out on a agrement with CD Project also i'm fade up with BS witchhunt around CP There is refun on every plateform thhe media are just looking for fuel for their drama machine

Yes out of every developper ever, CDPR is the only one who deserved lawsuit for releasing unfinished game.

Clickbait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom