Let's talk translations and other languages

+
Thing is, World populations are irrelevant to these types of decisions. This graph is far more important:

View attachment 9844

Notice that all the languages that get full voice over are represented there: English, German, French, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese. Polish is he only exception and thats because its where the series was created.

Attachments

• economies-social.png
    economies-social.png
    67 KB · Views: 52
ya veremos que juego logra mas ventas, este o los que vengan con mas idiomas
el castellano no se habla en un solo pais, como el aleman o el frances asi que esa lista no es reprecentativa

Si pagas 60 euro por el juego, es porque te estan metiendo el p*** en el ojo
mejor busca sitios online donde pagas solo la key por menos de 40 dolares y dejate de llorar

como tambien, que en solo tu pais se habla español version coño (asi le decimos en sur america), cuando uds son lo minimo
el resto del habla hispana, es de sur america y aca hablamos español latino, somos millones mas que uds, y preferimos el juego en ingles a que venga con acento españoliZimo

donde he dicho yo que tenia que ser con la traducción de un tipo del castellano o otra, desde luego en ambas pero si quieres darle un toque medievo al lenguaje para lograr esa atmosfera no hay lugar a esta discucion

---------- Updated at 03:39 AM ----------

sin dudas un decision equivocada si querían hacer un producto muy superior a sus dos anteriores

Last edited by a moderator:
If the conversation continues with insults between Spanish speakers regarding different variations of Spanish, expect deletions and bans.

If someone would actually be willing to just pirate this game because it doesnt have the voices they want, that person didnt deserve the game anyway.

Get in touch with other witcher fans, and make a fan dub, bitching wont help

If someone would actually be willing to just pirate this game because it doesnt have the voices they want, that person didnt deserve the game anyway.

Get in touch with other witcher fans, and make a fan dub, bitching wont help

there is hack for not being in the language you want, but it costs the game and then will not fully enjoy the immersion in that world because the voices are not in my native language paying the same as those if so they can enjoy.
Clearly we can translate from a community, but not the voices, that never will be within reach of the fan

there is hack for not being in the language you want, but it costs the game and then will not fully enjoy the immersion in that world because the voices are not in my native language paying the same as those if so they can enjoy.
Clearly we can translate from a community, but not the voices, that never will be within reach of the fan

I understand it might be important for some, that's perfect, however, its not any kind of reasonable argument to pirate a game, especially one you know you like or will like. The product you get is the same, now if it doesnt offer what you want, alright, its unfortunate, re-evaluate if to buy it or not, but do not pirate it.

It'd be hard to get a fandub, thats true, but it could be worth trying. I think in Brazil they did something by themselves actually. I dont remember the whole story but there wasnt going to be Portuguese in the game, and then I think fans or someone arranged the recordings and actors and CDPR gave them the green light and actually worked with them. Its probably in this thread somewhere.

Yo tambien soy español y no me importa que el juego venga solo con la traduccion a mi idioma (Estoy acostumbrado a las voces en ingles de la segunda entrega),y mucho menos despues de disfrutar como lo hice con la segunda parte (Que por cierto prefiero mil veces la voces originales porque las del primero eran horribles en Catellano).

Al contrario que muchos Españoles de los que se quejan porque el juego no estara doblado yo si comprendo y me meto en la piel de CD Projekt Red como compañia,despues de ver sus motivos por lo que no doblara el juego en Castellano.Si van a perder ganancias con el doblaje mejor que se lo ahorren como Compañia estan en su derecho de hacer lo mejor para ellos.

Y no tiene nada que ver el doblaje de un juego que venda mucho o poco solo hay que ver los GTA por ejemplo o Dragon Age y The Elder Scrolls poner alguna saga parecida a esta que sin estar tampoco doblados venden muchisimo.

Yo tambien soy español y no me importa que el juego venga solo con la traduccion a mi idioma (Estoy acostumbrado a las voces en ingles de la segunda entrega),y mucho menos despues de disfrutar como lo hice con la segunda parte (Que por cierto prefiero mil veces la voces originales porque las del primero eran horribles en Catellano).

Al contrario que muchos Españoles de los que se quejan porque el juego no estara doblado yo si comprendo y me meto en la piel de CD Projekt Red como compañia,despues de ver sus motivos por lo que no doblara el juego en Castellano.Si van a perder ganancias con el doblaje mejor que se lo ahorren como Compañia estan en su derecho de hacer lo mejor para ellos.

Y no tiene nada que ver el doblaje de un juego que venda mucho o poco solo hay que ver los GTA por ejemplo o Dragon Age y The Elder Scrolls poner alguna saga parecida a esta que sin estar tampoco doblados venden muchisimo.

I do not know where you enrolled your English philology to understand the medioval English. but one thing I will give you the reason, many times the quality of translation is very bad, as in the second installment of this game, but the solution is not asking that games are not translated, but this translation is of quality .
otherwise, in English adjectives come before the noun,
WitcherWolfWhite = lobo brujo blanco lo correcto seria witcherwhitewolf

---------- Updated at 10:32 AM ----------

I understand it might be important for some, that's perfect, however, its not any kind of reasonable argument to pirate a game, especially one you know you like or will like. The product you get is the same, now if it doesnt offer what you want, alright, its unfortunate, re-evaluate if to buy it or not, but do not pirate it.

It'd be hard to get a fandub, thats true, but it could be worth trying. I think in Brazil they did something by themselves actually. I dont remember the whole story but there wasnt going to be Portuguese in the game, and then I think fans or someone arranged the recordings and actors and CDPR gave them the green light and actually worked with them. Its probably in this thread somewhere.

I propose an exercise, the first time you begin to play this game turn off the voice and tries to play reading the texts, see what you think of the experience

I propose an exercise, the first time you begin to play this game turn off the voice and tries to play reading the texts, see what you think of the experience

clearly, you can speak english, why dont you just play in english then?

I´ll be doing the same thing, because the german voices pale in comparison to the english ones.

clearly, you can speak english, why dont you just play in english then?

I´ll be doing the same thing, because the german voices pale in comparison to the english ones.

yes i can "write" in inglish..speak is more dificult (i alway said that i no spek bad , i have accent andaluz :p ) but to write welll i need use google translator some time. if diferent if you are in combat in a game and never you feel comfortable when you listen a diferent lenguage and you can not enjoy , ,such as the gesticulation of the characters because you are read the line of text in the botton of the screen you could put a panda dancing the conga on top and i do not would see)
for example you have this experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWqWL9SH09o
Your view is focused on a task and you lose a lot

You must also recognize that the German and English are more alike than the English and Spanish. it is easier for you the English as it is easier for us Italian
is more creadore are bragging about the hambientacion of Mediaeval times in the dialogues, this makes it even harder.
(15 min later to write only this) ;)

yes i can "write" in inglish..speak is more dificult (i alway said that i no spek bad , i have accent andaluz :p ) but to write welll i need use google translator some time. if diferent if you are in combat in a game and never you feel comfortable when you listen a diferent lenguage and you can not enjoy , ,such as the gesticulation of the characters because you are read the line of text in the botton of the screen you could put a panda dancing the conga on top and i do not would see)
for example you have this experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWqWL9SH09o
Your view is focused on a task and you lose a lot

You must also recognize that the German and English are more alike than the English and Spanish. it is easier for you the English as it is easier for us Italian
is more creadore are bragging about the hambientacion of Mediaeval times in the dialogues, this makes it even harder.
(15 min later to write only this) ;)

okay, you´re quite right.

(That video is GREAT, seriously)

yep, true.
Which is strange since I can usually watch anime with subtitles and I notice everything that happens...

that's always a wrong perception.
you may have noticed that many times when you see a movie a second time, you notice little details you did not see the first time (even in mother language)
is impossible to notice that not notice anything

pd: a pleasure to discuss with you're a fanboy but not a sectarian :D

I do not know where you enrolled your English philology to understand the medioval English. but one thing I will give you the reason, many times the quality of translation is very bad, as in the second installment of this game, but the solution is not asking that games are not translated, but this translation is of quality .
otherwise, in English adjectives come before the noun,
WitcherWolfWhite = lobo brujo blanco lo correcto seria witcherwhitewolf

---------- Updated at 10:32 AM ----------

And whats that supposed to test exactly? that voices are important? I know that, we are not even discussing that, the game does have voices by the way, I play it in polish and I cant understand a thing except for thank you and some greetings without subtitles. I know its nice and better to also understand the voices as well, im not sure whats your point with this exercise, but whatever it is, it cant be a good excuse to pirate the game.

And whats that supposed to test exactly? that voices are important? I know that, we are not even discussing that, the game does have voices by the way, I play it in polish and I cant understand a thing except for thank you and some greetings without subtitles. I know its nice and better to also understand the voices as well, im not sure whats your point with this exercise, but whatever it is, it cant be a good excuse to pirate the game.

I do not use it as an excuse to pirate, but expose policies that are specific to these companies that encourage many users end hack. a game that I'm not going to enjoy, I did not play even if free
If you want to end piracy should treat all users with the same respect and offer them for one price one experience

I do not use it as an excuse to pirate, but expose policies that are specific to these companies that encourage many users end hack. a game that I'm not going to enjoy, I did not play even if free
If you want to end piracy should treat all users with the same respect and offer them for one price one experience

There is no justification whatsoever for piracy. Do not pretend that piracy is justified as a means of punishing companies for what you perceive to be slights, or that making amends for these will put an end to it.

As to the Spanish language, many of us are aware that the Spanish-language market is divided even on the desirability of dubbing in Spanish. Some have made this point in language that was too vulgar and disparaging for this forum. But "standard Spanish" is not desired by many (actually, a large majority) of Spanish-speaking gamers; the market for it is limited mostly to Spain.

Dubbing of videogames in Spain has almost been horrible. Here, video game culture is not a second but third of fourth hand thing. So the profesional dubbing actors (few and very good ones and expensive too) often reffuse to do it.

I rather 1000 times a correct and polish subtittle than a forced and dispassionate dubbing.

Top Bottom