Lykaon

+
Looks great and I really liked the trailer. Best of luck to you and keep us updated on the progress you make with the project :)

Benzenzimmern said:
I am still searching for most of the voices since I have a large set of individual characters. I would be very happy to find some more. The most difficult person to find would be Geralt I suppose. He has to sound just "right". :)/>

I made this page for people who might be interested to help me in this regard:

http://thewitcherlykaon.tumblr.com/voiceacting

was that CrazyDwarf quest from you? lol

The crazy dwarf quest was one of the first quests I made for my adventure. I just wanted to do something really stupid. If you explore the level closely, you might find the dwarf again.

The story takes place in 1252, one year after Ciri is born. Geralt already knows Dandelion for some years and I haven't found Triss mentioned knowing Geralt before this date. The first time Triss appears later in the books, she just seems to know Geralt because Yennefer introduced them. I want to tell the story of how they came to know each other.

It's completely up to you how you send me your voice over. You can also talk anything you want, the dialogue I posted is just a suggestion for you. So if you want to play a filthy peasant lying in the dirt, then it's probably best to think of something like that. :D
But right know I have to take this a little bit slow since CD Projekt is still working on how to implementing lipsync etc. into Redkit and I don't know what kind of files I need from you.

20€ on gog.com which belongs to CD Projekt. No DRM (I guess it is also 20$ for the US). But there are also often discounts, maybe they'll also do one for the release of Redkit or the 2-year anniversary on may 17th. :)

Benzenzimmern said:
20€ on gog.com which belongs to CD Projekt. No DRM (I guess it is also 20$ for the US). But there are also often discounts, maybe they'll also do one for the release of Redkit or the 2-year anniversary on may 17th. :)/>
I have a feeling there will be some sort of sale starting next week.

I did a first impressions vid about the mod. Tried to give as much feedback as I can. I am quite impressed about the size of the place. But there are quite a few bugs as well that I noticed: Enemies rooted in place if you move a few feet away from their spawning place. Being stuck in a house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXGlfpG4S0

If you have a problem with me making this vid please tell me and I'll take it down.

Ok, I maneged to get the mod working well ( 30-40 fps) on high settings. Seems like it has some issues on Ultra settings, no doubt the modder will optimize it.

First impressions (I played 2 hours): AWSOME. The map is huge, really well designed, with gorgeous vistas, woods, etc. It got a "witchery" feel all around.
I had a great time and fun playing it, even if it's and alpha version and a lot of content is missing. But I would like to thank Benzenzimmern for this mod and for the effort he took to make it.

CostinMoroianu said:
I did a first impressions vid about the mod. Tried to give as much feedback as I can. I am quite impressed about the size of the place. But there are quite a few bugs as well that I noticed: Enemies rooted in place if you move a few feet away from their spawning place. Being stuck in a house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXGlfpG4S0

If you have a problem with me making this vid please tell me and I'll take it down.

It's funny because Benzenzimmern is looking for voiceover actors, I think you did it all ;)

Also there's another bug: the pony tails are straight... I wonder if there was a dynamic animation file meant for that?

The horse pony tails? I think that has to do with the fact that CDPR never really implemented horses in the game.

I am pleased there are any horses at all.

Haha, thank you for the video. I had a lot of fun watching it and can't wait to see the next episode if you go on with it. :D

About a few things you mentioned: I didn't really want to release this unfinished version at first because it is... well, unfinished. But I was convinced that it would be a good idea for the start of Redkit. This is why I only had a few days to throw this demo together and add some encounters. They are completely unbalanced, so sorry for that. They will work like they are supposed to in the full version.

Yes, horses have no animations since they were only used in cutscenes for The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition. I hope that in the next weeks when Redkit opens a modder can add some animations to them.

The dwarf should not talk right now, this is a mistake. He has a role much later (but not in the demo), so I am sorry for that. And I haven't added interiors to the demo because I am not finished with them yet. I still see if I can make them "open" without loading screens etc. if the performance can take it. I also haven't really started to improve performance, but I hope that people have some fun nevertheless.

Ps: This is Geralt before he lost his memory. I can remember quite a lot of scenes when he and Dandelion quarreled despite their friendship. I wanted to add this little "funny buddy element" to the mod. I guess I should replace the "evil eyes" when Geralt says "Screw you, Dandelion!" with "rolling eyes" :D

Guys, just to clarify - the reason the adventure is not running smoothly is that Benz did not fully implement streaming yet so everything is loaded from the start of the game. It will be laggy at times because of that. But, knowing that he's a quick learner, he'll do some more improvements and it will be running better.
Nevertheless, he did a terrific job! And the thing that amazes me the most, he did it all by himself! :)

The environents look spectacular. kinda linear but I'm sure that's by design. I hope my aging PC can run it.

BANAN said:
Guys, just to clarify - the reason the adventure is not running smoothly is that Benz did not fully implement streaming yet so everything is loaded from the start of the game. It will be laggy at times because of that. But, knowing that he's a quick learner, he'll do some more improvements and it will be running better.
Nevertheless, he did a terrific job! And the thing that amazes me the most, he did it all by himself! :)

Thanks, that's good to know. I really thought that there was no streaming in the game seeing how huge his level his. :p

The environments look great. Really like the look of the town. It's a little too laggy and buggy for me to enjoy right now so I'll wait a bit until it's a bit more polished. Keep up the good work :).

I have a question Benzenzimmern, with the Redkit, you can only create adventures or you can mod anything? i mean, create and import new characters and monsters, for example make a new character for replace Geralt or things like this, i mean, CDPRK is a modding tool like the Skyrim modding tool, (You can do ANYTHING) or it's more like a Story and Maps designer but very limited?

Sorry if i failed writing, i'm not very good in english haha

It is definitely easier to "just" create new maps, quests and stories, but you can also add completely new stuff. Redkit has an importer for 3DsMax as an example.

Benzenzimmern said:
It is definitely easier to "just" create new maps, quests and stories, but you can also add completely new stuff. Redkit has an importer for 3DsMax as an example.

And what about changing things like interface and core game mechanic (for example allowing drinking potions during battles)? Does it look like it's possible?

Top Bottom