Movies / TV Shows!

+
Joffrey is dead. Well, I would prefer it to be flaying, quartering, and burning alive, but still it was satisfying.
(Sigh) He will be greatly missed. Westeros may never ever again be such a fun place.

I loved the Vikings and Hannibal the past week, they were terrific. Can't say the same for today's GoT though. Funny I even found the main *spoiler* underwhelming (I have read em books, still)

Great episode - i mean GoT.. even though i knew whats going to happen, it was still pretty heavy... great acted by all actors, especially by Jack Gleeson.. i'm in the minority, but i love the character of Joffrey in the show and Jack was just so good in that role... some minor complains, like Brienne in love with Jaime? like seriously, wtf? but overall, great episode of a great TV show

He is a figure of legend not historical fact. His sons did exist and there are historical records attesting to that but not with regards to him. There are some that claim that some of his deeds were actually performed by Horik, who is a historical figure, not by him.

I see. Good to know.

Ragnar didn't conquer Francia.

My mistake, I meant Paris which he apparently did in year 845 if I recall correctly. Francia was someone else.

The Vikings didn't conquer all of Francia, they raided and waged war upon the north of France until one Viking warlord Ganga Hrolf (Travelling Rollo) was granted a Duchy in the north of France. This became Normandy, as the Vikings were known as Normanni, and served to defend France from the depredations of other Vikings raiders.

Attachments

• godzilla.jpg
    godzilla.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 33
Great episode - i mean GoT.. even though i knew whats going to happen, it was still pretty heavy... great acted by all actors, especially by Jack Gleeson.. i'm in the minority, but i love the character of Joffrey in the show and Jack was just so good in that role... some minor complains, like Brienne in love with Jaime? like seriously, wtf? but overall, great episode of a great TV show

Yes, it is a great show. Even with some pretty significant flaws from time to time it is still the best on TV for me. "The dwarf, the cripple, and the mother of madness". :) , and I am still rooting for Lannisters. Dany sort of lost her charm for me, while the rest is still going strong.
It is good to know that this show will come to the conclusion does not matter whether Martin will finish the last novels by then.

Last edited:
I admit the Purple Wedding is everything the Red Wedding should have been. You see the difference between two incompetent show runners doing an episode and one written by George R.R. Martin.

I very much enjoyed the last episode. We get a nice whodunnit with the poisoning. The scene between Tyrion and Shae was a powerful one. Now I'm rooting for Jamie, the point all along I suppose.

Last edited:
Very nice episode indeed, a happy wedding and the way they've broken down Theon was also great , Alfie Allen is imo one of the best actors on the show. I still don't like Oberyn all that much, they introduced him poorly and he's too obvious about everything.
Also, first episode of Fargo was very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Very nice episode indeed, a happy wedding and the way they've broken down Theon was also great , Alfie Allen is imo one of the best actors on the show. I still don't like Oberyn all that much, they introduced him poorly and he's too obvious about everything.
Also, first episode of Fargo was very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Theon looks too healthy he should've gone on some Christian Bale transformation for this role, unless they're planning to change him throughout the season. Oberyn:"exposition exposition exposition" they should've let Tyrion tell his story to Bronn.

Theon looks too healthy he should've gone on some Christian Bale transformation for this role, unless they're planning to change him throughout the season. Oberyn:"exposition exposition exposition" they should've let Tyrion tell his story to Bronn.

I agree, it would've been nice to see the splintered teeth and thin white hair like in the books, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I still think he does a good job though.

I'm glad of their decision to replace Ilyn Payne with Bronn, as Jaime's new fencing teacher. It's a chance to further develop an already interesting character, while Ilyn doesn't really matter to anyone. Also, with Bronn's cheek and, well, tongue, the sparring lessons should be much more interesting than Jaime training with a mute.

Rain, rain, wind, rain, rain makes for a sad Glaroug and a happy duck.

Trigun makes a happy Glaroug and happy duck :yes (que air guitar :guitar:)

I admit the Purple Wedding is everything the Red Wedding should have been. You see the difference between two incompetent show runners doing an episode and one written by George R.R. Martin.
Yes, this was the only episode of the show which I thought was better than the books' presentation.

Top Bottom