Music from The Witcher series of games available soon on Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music!

+
Checked Google Play and the album does cost money, with an option to buy individual songs. No idea if you can store them afterwards or in what format they come in though. You can listen to the songs for free on Spotify, but that's it, you can only listen.

Honestly I'm fine with it, since CDPR has no obligation to offer the extended version for free as a download, it would be nice if they would, but I don't feel entitled to it. The OST I got for free via physical copy/GOG is already pretty extensive and I'm grateful for that.

Thank you for looking into it for us, it's a bit clearer now.

I don't feel entitled to the entire extended OST, however it would be fair to include tracks we can hear ingame, to the gog OST, like for example, instrumental of Oxenfurt track and Wolven storm song.

I could be mistaken, but wasn't the official statement in regards to the incomplete ost that it would spoil ingame content too soon?

If I've noticed it right, it's 10 dollars on Googleplay and only 5 on iTunes? Why such big difference? As it stands now, iTunes is the way to go.

Any info who's singing Lullaby of Woe and who did the lyrics?

Regarding "not finding stuff", search for Marcin Przybyłowicz. The Lullaby and Wolven Storm aren't part of the Soundtrack album, they're listed separately.

If there's any of you interested in hearing Marcin Przybyłowicz's works, here's his soundcloud channel : https://soundcloud.com/marcinprzybylowicz

I listened to almost all of his tracks there, and really amazed by his works. I believe (and hope) that CDPR and him is going to work together for Cyberpunk 2077's scores. This guy is brilliant!

There's multi-language of Wolven Storm, but only one Lullaby of Woe.

Ah I see, I was expecting that there's going to be a polish version for that song. The polish version of "The Wolven Storm" is the best for me personally. And while we're at it, if I bought a single track in english, will I automatically have the other versions as well? Or do I have to buy each version of each track?

---------- Updated at 04:43 AM ----------

And there's going to be this one too, I suppose https://soundcloud.com/mikolai-stroinski/bonnie-at-morn

If I've noticed it right, it's 10 dollars on Googleplay and only 5 on iTunes? Why such big difference? As it stands now, iTunes is the way to go.

Any info who's singing Lullaby of Woe and who did the lyrics?

Here in Brazil the Google Play is the cheaper one, lol.

Good, but is it possibile to add that tracks (especially, but ont only, The Witcher 3) to gog goodies?

Last edited:
Good, but is it possibile to add that tracks (especiallym but ont only, The Witcher 3) to gog goodies?

Yeah, I'm fine with buying the tracks but I'd love to know if they'll be added to the existing OST - I'd just feel a little annoyed if I grabbed them from Google Play for example and then they appeared in my GOG extras ;) a yea or a nay from CDPR would be great!

The question has been posed to them, however, we most likely won't know the answer until next week, if that soon.

Hello,

I want to say many many many thanks to CDPR, that you are going inside yourselves and now really publish all ingame tracks. That indicates the real greatness!.

The entire catalogue, available to buy from gog.com as FLAC (cough, hint, hint cough) would be wonderful. Very wonderful. As in "Take my pounds, now" wonderful.

Marcin replied that release on Bandcamp is not planned so far:

From what I know we won't - sorry. There are no plans for this. You never know in the future but for right now, it's a no.

I hope some DRM-free FLAC release will happen eventually. Either GOG or Bandcamp - I'm OK with both.

---------- Updated at 12:14 PM ----------

The entire catalogue, available to buy from gog.com as FLAC (cough, hint, hint cough) would be wonderful. Very wonderful. As in "Take my pounds, now" wonderful.

Isn't it already available there besides the singles? I didn't buy the game there yet, so I didn't check. If not - it's not very good. I really don't like DRMed services like iTunes and Spotify, but even more I don't like that they don't sell lossless original and push their own lossy codecs.

I hope some DRM-free FLAC release will happen eventually. Either GOG or Bandcamp - I'm OK with both.

I've received a reply from Marcin stating that they don't plan to release the expanded soundtrack on GOG.com, as far as he knows. He suggested I contact GOG directly to confirm. I'm pursuing that now, but, unfortunately, I wager we won't see it there any time soon.

I've received a reply from Marcin stating that they don't plan to release the expanded soundtrack on GOG.com, as far as he knows. He suggested I contact GOG directly to confirm. I'm pursuing that now, but, unfortunately, I wager we won't see it there any time soon.

I wonder what would prevent them from doing it? Is it a problem with the artists, or some issue with CDPR? I doubt that it's the later, and if it's the former, may be we should reach out to artists directly and ask what prevents from from releasing it on GOG or Bandcamp. I hope it's not some kind of exclusivity contracts. Those can be nasty.

By the way, what exactly is part of the extended soundtrack? Just singles or more?

Last edited:
Top Bottom