Patch 1.03 for PC now available!

+
Patch 1.03 for PC now available!

The patch 1.03 has just been released and is now available for all PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The update introduces a range of stability and performances ehancements as well as allows users to take advantage of some additional graphics settings. Please find the detailed list of fixes below:

Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
Improves menu handling
Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
Rostan Muggs is back
Minor SFX improvements

The console version of the patch is coming and will be available very soon.

Any comment on how exactly Hairworks performance is improved? :)
(Is it similar to the tweaks going round the net, with limiting the tesselation factor and turning down the hair antialiasing?)

Last edited:
Any comment on how exactly Hairworks performance is improved? :)
(Is it similar to the tweaks going round the net, with limiting the tesselation factor and turning down the hair antialiasing?)
I turned down HairAA on the very first day on a hunch and it really doesn't affect performance too much. The tessellation factor would probably also affect water so I wouldn't do that.

with 100mbit/s internet.... downloading at 0,1mbit/s from GOG and keep getting "Server Problem" errors... have to restart gog, run game, close game for it to start downloading again :(

Can someone explain me why the Patch is so big on gog galaxy with 649 mb and on gog.com only 241 mb ?

I turned down HairAA on the very first day on a hunch and it really doesn't affect performance too much. The tessellation factor would probably also affect water so I wouldn't do that.

It does when you force it in the driver, but it wouldn't if it were specified differently by Hairworks itself. Not that I think that will happen, being closed Nvidia magic and all.

is there a seperate download link somewhere? the in-gog thingy keeps getting server errors for me

Thank you guys for your hard work and for the quick release of this patch. There's been lots of talk about the graphics downgrade and to be honest, it is dissapointing yes, but I haven't forgotten about how I enjoyed The Witcher 2. I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys are gonna make the PC version of the game honor the trailer you released back in 2013. Because I'm sure there's a way you guys can help us PC gamers to use our 3000$+ gear to it's full potential.

Thanks again

Can someone explain me why the Patch is so big on gog galaxy with 649 mb and on gog.com only 241 mb ?

Correct size appears to be 272MB. I think there's a bug in the way Galaxy figures download size, or they counted both patches or updates to the downloadable swag. Took me 8 minutes.

GOG uses Edgecast CDN, at least for regular downloads; I haven't tried Galaxy. Edgecast's servers are well provisioned, at least in North America and Europe; problems are more likely between your local loop, ISP, and Edgecast than with GOG.

Last edited:
Thank you CDPR and keep up the great work! I hope that you'll consider adding an option to sort out the quests by difficulty as well. Right now, they're all over the place in the quest journal, and it would be easier to go down the list if they're organised.

Thanks for your consideration!

Top Bottom