Patch 1.22 now available on PC

+
This patch is great and came so quickly... you rock, CDPR!

The mod authors are also very eager right now... all my mods are already updated. What great madness is this?

And the Viper armer looks good now, displayed on the armor stand.

:geraltfeelgood:

Did they change the Aard effect? it is much more powerful now... like a little explosion. The water ripple effect is also considerably bigger. At least in my game... awesome.

:threaten:

Last edited:
So I noticed after nearly 1 hour that Witcher 3 doesn't kill my CPU anymore and it's at steady 70-71C, so far looks like it's fixed.

However, Geralt fisting air after fast travel is still not fixed, which sucks, because guards are not happy and don't take kindly strangers trying to fist someone

Oh... Now I feel stupid for not noticing, although I was wondering why sometimes he wasn't punching.

Thx for clearing that up.

From my GOG forum thread:

(Uninstalled the game and let GOG Galaxy installing it fresh when I left for a business trip early this morning. And it worked)

For the disappointment of some and my own personal happiness, I just got home, TW3 is fully installed and running from GOG Galaxy with both expansions and 1.22 installed without anything else to be done, other than restore my backup saved games folder into the proper location. In one go. I just uninstalled the game and let it reinstall from scratch through Galaxy. (which I did not uninstall at all)

I never said that Galaxy ruined this shitty update. I said I got a black screen loop when launching the game either from Galaxy or directly from "C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\witcher3.exe", which would be the install folder even if I used the physical DVD's to install it.

I get it that some people don't like Galaxy but after 1582 hours of gameplay since game release and ONE lousy issue with the install of BAW which was fixed in 10 minutes, I bet people with crazy mods have had a harder time to start the game than I did. I have not one bad thing to say about Galaxy. Can it be improved? Definitely. Should it be improved and the verify/repair function be functional again? Definitely. It gets stuck while "getting the file list". I won't be ironic or sarcastic as I might want to be. It is not a big issue. It can be solved by a number of easy steps.

Now, try playing Diablo 3 without the Battle.net client launcher and tell me how bad Galaxy is when it does not impose it on us to be used or game won't play at all. I can launch TW3 from the .exe. It is a CHOICE! And I chose to have it recording my achievement and game play time. That simple.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to play the game like a maniac like I did up to 7 mo ago when I halted my current playthrough to wait for BAW. But I'm working on that too. Thanks CDPR and GOG Galaxy team. It is a pretty decent piece of software and I like that I can choose to use it or not.

Last edited:
Good morning CDPR,

and sorry, but I must ask it. I have a question to your changelog: First page of your pdf-document, last issue: "Introduces tweaks and improvements to the inventory system" What of "tweaks and improvements ..." are there? Please more further more detailed infos.

Thanks and have the complete CDPR-Team a nice day.

Good morning CDPR,

and sorry, but I must ask it. I have a question to your changelog: First page of your pdf-document, last issue: "Introduces tweaks and improvements to the inventory system" What of "tweaks and improvements ..." are there? Please more further more detailed infos.

Thanks and have the complete CDPR-Team a nice day.

One I could easily notice is that, new items (with the yellow *) are now placed on the top of their tabs in the Inventory screen, like it used to be when pressing Q before BAW. And the star is removed and items are placed in their proper place in the tab after hitting Q now. VERY helpful and considerate for OCD players that might spent a long time looking for yellow starred items in the inventory pos BAW! =))

Thanks. I have it checked, too. But I must say it is very tricky to find it out. So I must say I'm right for asking.

PS Thank you thank you thank you CDPR, that you had fix the bug, that some trophies are red. Now I can sell the former red trophy. Finally

Last edited:
Any idea on what "coming soon" means? I have been playing the game religiously on my console and the "Family Matters" bug is proving to be game-breaking. I understand all is in due time, but it would be nice to have a rough estimate. It has been a phenomenal game though!

Does coming soon mean it was submitted to Sony for their certification thing yet? I know that takes a few days. At the rate I'm going I don't want to finish with the music barely ever playing the whole game. It wrecks the immersion bad. The music is one if best parts. Townspeople and music stop loading. Ita ridiculous. Running through empty town in silence isn't fun.

Come on guys release the patch for PS4 so we can finally play and enjoy Blood and Wine, it's been a long wait already...

Waited long and endured it long. The entire game is broken. I've seen things such as Roach missing tail (Velen, White Orchard), the only place it still has it is Skellige and it lost once too, but i noticed and loaded again. On Ciri's part she draw a invisible sword everytime, while the original remains on her back. I've seen horses growing from the insides of another. I've knocked a lame thug with aard, he remained there with half health, on the floor, then suddenly, an invisible thing begun to attack me, it was propably harder than any boss fight to defeat this one. Since i'm on death march, you guys know every blow can do a lot of damage, so it was very intense. I've been playing the witcher games for a long time (have replayed the first two games to make a perfet playthrough this time) and this is the most bugged version i've ever seen, miss patch 1.12 when it was almost perfect (except for a certain unlootable chest). The place that seems most unbugged to me is skellige, so i'm going for the ? until you guys release the patch but it's taking more time than a expected. Bugs like this should be fixed ASAP because they screw up the game completely. To continue the plotline and even if I want to play the expansions (havent played BaW yet, only HoS) i've to get back to Velen, and there, everything is bugged, so is Novigrad. So please, i beg you guys to try to make this a litlle quicker. I just want to play the game. And just to mention, i'm on Xbox One.

Well, it seems even with patch 1.22 some glitches aren't fixed yet.

As PS4 player, i would suggest to CDPR to wait and make a proper update at least on consoles.

If it works, they can fix the remaining glitches on PC, after.

I guess that way, it will consume less time to fix all the problems that bothers many users so far.

Yeah, that's a different approach, i know. lol

I can see your point, and agree with it. I would be happy with just Roach's tail back, as it is something we have to look at for a long time, on console we cant do anything about it and it's horrible (thank the Gods this bug seems to be more difficult to happen on skellige). The other bugs, phantom swords, phantom enemies, physics contraditory horses, as someone who played all games and a long time fan, i can live with. Havent played the BaW yet as I was replaying the first two games and currently waiting for the patch to do the Uma part, so dont know about the bugs concerning BaW. Some of the related here, Family Matters, for example, i havent experiencied yet. A bug that really annoyed me was Kaer Morhen unlootable chest. I wasnt aware of that on my first playthrough and got screwed. So, for now, even if they want to focus on a console update to correct PC errors, thats ok, but please, release at least a hotfix for the horses tail.

Top Bottom