PC mouse and keyboard controls

+
Do we have any information about the possibility of using both control scheme at the same time or at least switching between them almost seemlessly (like, you touch your mouse or a gamepad button and it automaticcaly switch to the new control scheme)? I'd really like that so that I could generally use a gamepad but switch to the mouse in menus.

Do we have any information about the possibility of using both control scheme at the same time or at least switching between them almost seemlessly (like, you touch your mouse or a gamepad button and it automaticcaly switch to the new control scheme)? I'd really like that so that I could generally use a gamepad but switch to the mouse in menus.

Yes, you'll be able to do that.

The Witcher 2 was absolutely perfect with M&K (well except for the terrible menu system) so if Witcher 3 is anything like that I'm sure M&K will be fine, it's the only way I plan on playing it.

Strange to see zero Mouse and Keyboard gameplay from devs but I had no problem with controls in Witcher 2. So any improvement in that department is a good news for me.

I'm not sure what the problem is?

Translate seems to indicate that they were disappointed(?) by the overabundance of customizability and that, contrary to the manual(?) you actually can bind individual actions/functions to separate keys/mouse buttons instead of having to deal with yet another oversimplified multi-purpose all-in-one 'press X to do everything' control scheme(?).

Isn't this actually... good news?

Everything I feared became a sad reality. Bravo, CDPR, bravo! You sadly failed on one of the most basic features of every video game on PC.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...ws/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt,49062,3086019.html

In my personal (re)view that will cost at least 10 to 20 percentage points. There are things that I can't and won't forgive or overlook, poorly designed controls being one of them.

:facepalm:

Can you clarify, as i and many others don't speak German?

Can you clarify, as i and many others don't speak German?

Author claims the biggest downside of M&K controls is that there are too many buttons you need to assign for the many actions Geralt can perform and likens them to a flight sim. Gamepad feels more intuitive thanks to clever button layout.

On the other hand, mouse has the upper hand when it comes to navigating menus, browsing inventories and the like. Otherwise he the controls are on par with TW2, he says. Good enough for me, TW2 controls were perfectly fine and responsive.

Good thing is that you can easily switch between both input methods on the fly.

Author claims the biggest downside of M&K controls is that there are too many buttons you need to assign for the many actions Geralt can perform and likens them to a flight sim. Gamepad feels more intuitive thanks to clever button layout.

That sounds like the opposite of a problem. Starcraft 2, Elite Dangerous, pretty much any RTS....

Yeah. Try a semi competitive mmo run. 70 bindings later...

I enjoy how some people just aren't satisfied. Lord.Life must be a series of...Crashes for them.

That said, being a PC Gamer isn't a caste. MKB isn't perfect as a control scheme. Maybe gamepad is better this time.

I await thought impulse helmets.

Danny O'Dwyer from Gamespot have said, that the controls with M+K are far better (atleast for him) than gamepad.. and what I have seen in CohhCarnage twitch stream, I really like how the menus work - apart from one thing: with mouse you need to click on arrows to navigate between menus - not good, not at all.. but otherwise, it's pretty good .. the menus are easier to use with M+K, double clicks are working, mousewheel aswell, Drag&Drop works, you have a button (X) for exit menus, you can easily compare items, if you hover over items, information tab opens up (like in TW1), etc.. how the movements, combat, etc. are working I don't know, but if it's atleast on TW2 level, I'm going to be happy... just navigating through menus could have been tweaked a little more.. and filters for all game versions in the inventory screen ! :)

This... and for me camera movement has always been much easier with mouse than with analog sticks. So, no question for me.

If "heavy strike" is bound to Shift+mouse button it doesn't sound like a good control scheme and yes, you can change that, but apparently a lot of functions are bundled together.

I will likely play with gamepad as well and switch to M/K for the menus, even though the menus are terrible for PC.

I enjoy how some people just aren't satisfied. Lord.Life must be a series of...Crashes for them.

Anyway, I didn't understand why too many keys is a problem. Maybe I'm missing something.

The only thing that is holding me back to use my PS4 controller is that i "think" there is no way to switch signs without having to pull up that slow mo menu and that breaks immersion for me since i ll focus my first playthrough on a heavy sign caster.

In the other hand PC has the option for pressing from 3-7 to choose your signs lets see when i get my hands on the game

Yeah. Try a semi competitive mmo run. 70 bindings later...

That said, being a PC Gamer isn't a caste. MKB isn't perfect as a control scheme. Maybe gamepad is better this time.

I await thought impulse helmets.

If... you need 70 bindings in a MMO ... to play it...... I can only say .... what the hell is wrong with you people....

I need like only Shift 1-5 , Shift Q+E, ShiftR+F+V and " ` " to play any MMO out there......

As for Witcher 3, It feels like gamepad/DS4 would be more fitting in it for Immersion than a Keyboard+Mouse.

If "heavy strike" is bound to Shift+mouse button it doesn't sound like a good control scheme and yes, you can change that, but apparently a lot of functions are bundled together.
That's a non-issue on PC if you can rebind them. A lot of complaints from PC gamers regarding cross platform games is that some of them force you to have multiple actions bound to the same keys which can sometimes screw you over when playing it.

Top Bottom