PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
^^When people are posting can you please list what resolution you are playing on^^

It's all very well saying how great your fps is but if we don't know the res we don't know how impressed we should be ;-)

hey guys,

Didnt want to make a separate topic about my specs so tought it would fit in this one. My pc is quite a few years old and I have no illusion of running this game on high or ultra (going to upgrade next year when the new generation graphics cards hits). I THINK I can play on medium with 30+FPS could anyone confirm if my rig will allow me to play on medium on 1920x1080 resolution.

my specs:
I5-2500K (not overclocked)
8GB ram
GTX760 (2GB)
Win 7 64bit

Thanks everyone
bye and have fun :)

Last edited:
Can anyone who also has GTX 760 2gb, i5 3470k 3,4Ghz and 8gb ram post their performance? Or very similar setup.

I want to run the game on High settings 60 fps, with AA/Sync/ some other settings turned OFF at 1680x1050 resolution. Can I expect that performance?

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone who also has GTX 760 2gb, i5 3470k 3,4Ghz and 8gb ram post their performance? Or very similar setup.

I want to run the game on High settings 60 fps, with AA/Sync/ some other settings turned OFF at 1680x1050 resolution. Can I expect that performance?

Thanks in advance!

you will probably have 40-50 fps.

For people like me "still stuck" with AMD Radeon 7870, do not worry. Can run really high in graphics - just a few minor sacrifices. Game runs smooth and no bugs yet. Had one crash but I think it happened because the game was auto-updating.

Sorry for the silly question, I didn't see an option on witcher 3 to make a benchmark test to see how it would perform. is there anyway to do this? is there a step by step process on which I could test? I have a GTX 770 and I didn't find any optimisation option from my NVIDIA panel.

Heyah.

Has anyone tested the game with dedicated PhysX card. I have a gtx970 in my PC and gtx670 lying around somewhere at my shelf. I was thinking of throwing it in my system for some Hairworks love and other PhysX shenanigans. I'm not sure how W3 handles this. My retail CE hasn't arrived so I can't test it myself yet.

how do you use hairworks only for geralt , i dont see any option for that.

Just cycle through the hairworks presets (the slider) one of them will read geralt only.

Sorry for the silly question, I didn't see an option on witcher 3 to make a benchmark test to see how it would perform. is there anyway to do this? is there a step by step process on which I could test? I have a GTX 770 and I didn't find any optimisation option from my NVIDIA panel.

I don't believe there is an in-game benchmark, though I must admit I haven't gone through everything.

Use shadowplay, it's very lightweight and won't hurt your score very much if at all.

Last edited:
Anyone running the game on a 770? If so: How's the performance, and what are the optimal settings? :)

I'm running on a Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB (slight OC since it is the Gigabyte version), i5-4570 3.20GHz and 8GB Ram in 1080p.

I am using the following settings with about 45-60 FPS. The FPS mostly go down to 45 in villages and places with many people.

- Hairworks: Off
- Number of background Characters: Low
- Shadow Quality: Medium
- Terrain Quality: High
- Water Quality: High (havn't been to the sea yet to try out the performance impact)
- Grass Density: Medium
- Texture Quality: High
- Foliage Visibility Range: Low
- Detail Level: High

The Post Processing Effects are in a seperate menu and except for AA and AO take up basicly no performance impact. So you can take what oyu want.
I am using SSAO and AA.

Hope that helps :)

I'm running on a Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB (slight OC since it is the Gigabyte version), i5-4570 3.20GHz and 8GB Ram in 1080p.

I am using the following settings with about 45-60 FPS. The FPS mostly go down to 45 in villages and places with many people.

- Hairworks: Off
- Number of background Characters: Low
- Shadow Quality: Medium
- Terrain Quality: High
- Water Quality: High (havn't been to the sea yet to try out the performance impact)
- Grass Density: Medium
- Texture Quality: High
- Foliage Visibility Range: Low
- Detail Level: High

The Post Processing Effects are in a seperate menu and except for AA and AO take up basicly no performance impact. So you can take what oyu want.
I am using SSAO and AA.

Hope that helps :)

thats strange, i am running the game on a gtx 960 with mixture of ultra and high settings, hair physics turned off, shadow on medium, at 1080p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL24v7nFqUA
you should be able to play this game on way more higher settings than you currently do

thats strange, i am running the game on a gtx 960 with mixture of ultra and high settings, hair physics turned off, shadow on medium, at 1080p
you should be able to play this game on way more higher settings than you currently do

I can. But than it often dips into 30-40. The benchmarks show that the 960 has a bit better performance than the 770. I guess because of the newer series. I'm trying to tweak the settings a bit more. Also restarting the PC does wonders sometimes. ^^
If anything changes I'll reply here :)

Nothing strange there. http://puu.sh/hSOOD/e48bb88b75.png - GTX960 runs as good as classic TITAN in this game, and not far below 780ti. Nvidia basically fucked all Kepler users, so they woud buy thier Maxwell cards, to upgrade them a year later for next supported chip.
For instance, i have 2600k@4.5Ghz, 16GB Ram, 780GTX@1440p. I've just set al my settings to LOW, turned everything postprocessing options to OFF, and i'm at 45-55 FPS. So with this setup i can't even play @60fps on full low potato settings http://puu.sh/hSPjI/3472a6904b.jpg. Nice.

Nvidia’s Game Ready drivers are only optimized for Maxwell based GTX 900 series products. And will need some serious optimization work to bring the Kepler based 600 and 700 series products up to par.
On the Radeon side we actually see surprisingly strong performance for an Nvidia partnered title. The results are more inline with how the cards would normally stack up against the competition. With the R9 290 and 290X cards performing similarly to the factory overclocked GTX 970 from MSI. And the R9 285 performing similarly to the GTX 960.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-initial-benchmarks/#ixzz3abEBiv5h

If this is all true and seams to be I wont be buying Nvidia produtcs anymore. thats a really shady way to do things stop supporting cards that are only 1 year old to make it so you have to upgrade every year

---------- Updated at 03:53 PM ----------

if this is true then I will be buying a 390x when it comes out amd at least keeps supporting old hardware

Last edited:
Honestly, as unoptimized as the game seems, it is the temperature that is rather alarming. It makes my otherwise very cool 980 reach 80 as a max and from what I have read many others reach the same temp or higher.

i've got a 960. 60 fps all ultra except for foliage distance on high (no AA no hairworks)

hairworks on 45-40 fps.

i'm quite happy with it. (i'm used play without or with little AA)

Top Bottom