Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello everyone. I would like to know if I can run the game with my PC :

CPU : FX-4350 3.9 Ghz
GPU : GeForce GTX 650 2GB
RAM : 4 GB (Will probabil get more)

My current resolution is 1280x1024 (I think that's 720p).

I don't expect to run the game at high settings, but maybe medium with 30+ FPS ? Maybe ~40 ?

Also, one more question, what's the best GPU card in the price range of 300 dollars ?

Hello everyone. I would like to know if I can run the game with my PC :

CPU : FX-4350 3.9 Ghz
GPU : GeForce GTX 650 2GB
RAM : 4 GB (Will probabil get more)

My current resolution is 1280x1024 (I think that's 720p).

I don't expect to run the game at high settings, but maybe medium with 30+ FPS ? Maybe ~40 ?

Also, one more question, what's the best GPU card in the price range of 300 dollars ?

Playable??? prolly.....
720p?? is 1280x720 which is more likely where you will be to get medium settings and 30fps maybe 35ish...

You will need more ram 6gigs min (just a guess ) but 8 is the "preferred" gamer amount

Also, wait a month or two and then buy a new gpu. New cards are coming..... that means the whole landscape can change....lower prices, better bang for the buck etc.....

That said if currently speaking.......... at 300 bucks the GTX770 from Nvidia is a great buy and the 280x from AMD is another good choice. IF w3 is your main motivation and Nvidia card will likely be better over all......but again that remains to be seen.....until w3 comes out it is all educated speculation by me and others that care to indulge

Hello
I think to buy the new Nvidia 970 (Asus or MSI for the noise ^^) and up my 8g of to 16g. I prefer one configuration for high in 1080 for Witcher 3.
I have i5 3570, (? Nividia 970?), RAM 16 giga, Seasonic 520W.
What do you think?

Thanks for the answer War Machine. The thing is that I can't afford to pay 1000 dollars for a single GPU, that's why I need one that can make witcher 3 run from medium to high settings (well if high settings work too then no problem) with the price of under 300 dollars. I heard that the 800 series are coming out, but I doubt that they will be cheap... I hate that Nvidia has to make all their new GPUs so expensive.

Hello, I would really like to pre-order TW3, however I am afraid of the system specs. Do you guys think I will run it when I can run TW2 or Skyrim with HD texture pack on max graphics? Thanks

Hello, I would really like to pre-order TW3, however I am afraid of the system specs. Do you guys think I will run it when I can run TW2 or Skyrim with HD texture pack on max graphics? Thanks

Define "max graphics". Define "run". What frame rate in TW2, with or without ubersampling?

EDIT: It would be best to just post specs.

Last edited:
^It's better to post the specs and I would recommend to wait for them to release the specs (so you won't find out that you can't run it). It's not like the game will be inaccesible forever if you don't preorder it.

Thanks for the answer War Machine. The thing is that I can't afford to pay 1000 dollars for a single GPU, that's why I need one that can make witcher 3 run from medium to high settings (well if high settings work too then no problem) with the price of under 300 dollars. I heard that the 800 series are coming out, but I doubt that they will be cheap... I hate that Nvidia has to make all their new GPUs so expensive.

There are supposed to be cheap this round since they are based off 28nm aganin and also the smaller gm204 chip instead of the larger gm200 chip which will likely be 20nm(speculation) and be the real beast.

NOt to say the new 980, 970,960 will not be awesome I plan on 2 980's in sli. thye fit my budget better. the new 980 should be 500.00 usd the 970 399.99 and the 960
I would assume 300.00. So wait til the 18 that is 4 days and we will know more about the new cards from Nvidia and then after AMD's plan

post your rigs specs.....then we can at least try and answer.....again realize we can only guess until the devs speak up or the game comes out....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!
I am about to upgrade my comp to:
Gtx 760 + AMD FX 8120 + 8 G Ram.
Which setting I will be able to squeez from this config?
Many thanks

Guess the I'll be waiting for the high-end Maxwell or Skylake MBPs (a long time) to see if they can run bootcamp Windows on this game without serious downgrades. The current has NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 doesn't seem powerful enough for TW3. Played TW2 on very low resolution and settings (early 2011 MBP) and used a cold pad to help performance. Need a new MBP within the next year and don't have a screen or TV, so if I buy a gaming rig I have to include that include that in the price, then the fact I would barely use it because I'm not the biggest gamer and am rarely home.

Plus side is I have a while to read your guys' comments to see what I probably should need. Won't get to play TW3 when it comes out unless I go with the gaming rig, but that's $1,000+ (with monitor) and I still need a very portable laptop (MBP) for work so that's extra money I need on top of a gaming rig. Even going with a console that $400+ TV that I wouldn't use often.

I managed to run Witcher 2 at high settings (I think it was all on except ubersampling) and got like ~40 and something fps. I am curious if I will be able to run TW 3 at least on medium, I don't expect uber-high end mode with 100 monitors and stuff like that.

In case that it won't work (I hope it will work though), what's a good GPU at the moment with 300 dollars price range ? I doubt that the 800s or 900s will be 300 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom