Quests, in your opinion, have poor endings or ones that need to be improved.[Spoilers]

+
After 650h on main game an HoS mainly :

Now or Never is a quest that sould have been level 25 at least, it makes no sense to delay its resolution before you have to free Margarita from Oxenfurt Prison. But if you do so Zoltan might help you to free her...

Some contracts are weird, not to say rushed:

• Griffin From the Highlands (the one triggered by Master Armorers)
  • An Elusive Thief, how can one kill that poor Doppler ?(unless you are a decoction collector)
  • Skellige Most Wanted, too much moralizing in this one.
  • Missing Miners, quest written in 0.567 sec.
  • Strange Beast, not that bad but slightly more background could've been nice.

Quests on Undvik: the place is gorgeous, Hjalmar quest is great, even if it remains very buggy. But what's with Harald Houndsnout, he requires twains, there are at least two quest related objects nearby, nothing happens, it seems like it is a quest which has never been finished.

Quests related to Novigrad underworld bosses, It seems that there is much more to do with Bedlam or Cleaver, I am sure that things were removed from the game, it feels like it.
Btw Get Junior still does not work properly, I have had issues with all my savegames, including in 1.12.

I think I could continue, but that would not be fair, I love (and I mean it) this game. Still I am constantly under the impression that plenty of things were scrapped.

The Main problem to me is that quest level misleads the player into doing certain quests, therefore the abundant choce in game may not reveal themselves after a second or even a third playthrough.

the quest that is about to find Dudu is the most annoying quest in the entire game. All about have to act in the play, it would be much easier just to skip that annoying crap.

By the way, I think the entire Novigrad part of the main quest could be vastly improved. It is the worst part of the main quest, no doubt about it.

Reasons of State: The ending is contrived and reliant on shock value. Basically, we have no explanation for why Sigi would turn on Roche or why Roche would turn on Sigi. It wouldn't take much to fix it, Sigi saying he's going to fight on and Roche saying he's going to kill Sigi in order to make sure Redania can't continue fighting. Then you have a morally ambiguous situation where both sides want the other dead.

Geralt would totally be in on the assassination, though.

The geralt of the books would never be an assassin of kings but the kings of the North weren't involved in the holocaust either.

Attachments

• Tw3_journal_botchling.png
    Tw3_journal_botchling.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Lubberkin.jpg
    Lubberkin.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 59
You can save the kids, baron and wife. Just go free the spirit from the tree before you get the quest from the crones to kill it. I don't know if this was intentional or what but it works, done it on a couple play through's. But you do know the spirit is complete evil and will kill way more people in the long run.
It also works when you kill the spirit. When I encountered it, I thought that it was a weird thing. I didn't trust it and when it started to tell me that it didn't mean any harm, I though to myself "Yeah, right, that's why there's a werewolf outside tearing people apart". So I decided to kill the spirit because I figured that it had already too much blood on its... erm.. hands or whatever it has instead of hands. Also, I didn't want a thing like that roaming the land. When I returned to Crookback Bog with the Baron, we managed to save Anna; the Baron took her away to a healer. Later, in Novigrad, I ran into the children. They were at a school. I have no idea how they got there but apparently the Crones didn't eat them - up to that point, I had believed that they had eaten them so I felt kinda guilty until I ran into them by chance :)

Later, in Novigrad, I ran into the children. They were at a school. I have no idea how they got there but apparently the Crones didn't eat them - up to that point, I had believed that they had eaten them so I felt kinda guilty until I ran into them by chance

The children from the school are not orphanage kids. That ones are dead.

Reasons of State : The whole quest felt really strange and why does Sigismund try to kill Geralt? He knows a cripple and a bunch of goons are no match for him but he still attacks and doesn't give up even if you kill all his men! There is one more thing that really bothers me, Roche is an exceptional warrior He can even attack the kaedweni camp and rescue anais on his own, Ves is a skilled fighter and an excellent sharpshooter and Thaler can probably handle one goon but If you leave them they still die at the hands of Sigismund and his goons! WTH?
:what3:

Of Swords and Dumplings : So you level up and prepare for this quest and go to the meeting with Hattori and after that you realize you have to run errands for him! Find a bodyguard for him, convince the bodyguard, do this do that, rob the warehouse and wait a day for your "legendary" sword. So you wait and go back to him and Yes! he gives you a useless sword and you realize your sword is much better that this one, The whole quest is a big pain in the a** but at least you gain access to master blacksmith
:hurt::upset:.

Master Armorers : You ask the Armorer if he can make top quality armor and after some talks you find out you have to go to Undvik, UNDVIK? but where the hell is Undvik? So after a long time you go to Undvik and find the cursed cave (finding that damned cave was a nightmare) then you go back only to find out you have to kill a Griffin Yay!(that Griffin bastard was tough, probably the hardest contract in the game!) you go back, give the acid to the girl and wait for your armor and yep! She gives you an ugly witch hunter armor FOR GOD'S SAKE! I expected at least a legendary witcher armor not some useless garbage.

:fury::angry2:

Last edited:
There are a lot but the most noticiable is Reasons of State. Dijkstra committing suicide and Roche surrendering to Nilfgaard it's completely nonsense. Also, the main story in Novigrad it's full of holes and there are characters that were introduced (like the King of Beggars or Whoreson Junior) that didn't have enough screentime. Also, there is no explanation on how Radovid takes Novigrad without any opposition. And the quest where you help Crach an Craite sons. Not because it's bad. Because it was obvious from the very beggining that Cerys was the good choice. It wasn't a tough choice

There is one more thing that really bothers me, Roche is an exceptional warrior He can even attack the kaedweni camp and rescue anais on his own, Ves is a skilled fighter and an excellent sharpshooter and Thaler can probably handle one goon but If you leave them they still die at the hands of Sigismund and his goons! WTH?

I've never though about it. You are right. Excellent point

1-Tedd Deireadh, The Final Age: I really despise how they decided to handle the finale of the story and the White Frost incident, if at least Avallac'h actually betrayed Ciri it would have been more consistent (although predictable) and would have been far better than the final version, it would have made Ge'els's decision about backstabbing Eredin even though he is the last hope of the Aen Elle make some kind of sense because he would continue Eredin's plans, considering the fact we don't know if the other Aen Elle sages besides Avallac'h and the Aen Seidhe's Ida Emean know that Ciri is the chosen one all along and not her prophesied golden child the Aen Elle have sought after for so long, but even if it is so, why didn't Avallac'h tell his people beforehand to stop the senseless conflict in the first place? Unless Eredin's fear of the White Frost was so overwhelming he could not believe she would beat it anyway so he went with the invasion plan? The whole damn quest has giant plotholes all around it because of the way they decided to end it.

2- Through Time and Space: That quest should have ended with a more fleshed out dream that at least had a conversation between Auberon and Eredin that explores the real motives that Eredin has, not some cliche and cringey moment of "The King is dead. Long live the King" + evil smirk + camera-zoom in + MLG sunglass.

3- On Thin Ice: The fight with Eredin was cinematic, but really? Eredin not wanting to at least taunt Geralt with his former life with the hunt? No mention of his real motives at all? Just a :"hehehehe, Avallac'h is really a fox, go get him, Geralt!"?

4-Reasons of State: A lot of users already put it perfectly, but I also made a thread about possible fixes that would at least keep Djikstra in-character if that is possible.

There are many quests that deserve better endings, but if these four got better endings it would have helped a lot with making the last act better.

1-Tedd Deireadh, The Final Age: I really despise how they decided to handle the finale of the story and the White Frost incident, if at least Avallac'h actually betrayed Ciri it would have been more consistent (although predictable) and would have been far better than the final version, it would have made Ge'els's decision about backstabbing Eredin even though he is the last hope of the Aen Elle make some kind of sense because he would continue Eredin's plans, considering the fact we don't know if the other Aen Elle sages besides Avallac'h and the Aen Seidhe's Ida Emean know that Ciri is the chosen one all along and not her prophesied golden child the Aen Elle have sought after for so long, but even if it is so, why didn't Avallac'h tell his people beforehand to stop the senseless conflict in the first place? Unless Eredin's fear of the White Frost was so overwhelming he could not believe she would beat it anyway so he went with the invasion plan? The whole damn quest has giant plotholes all around it because of the way they decided to end it.

2- Through Time and Space: That quest should have ended with a more fleshed out dream that at least had a conversation between Auberon and Eredin that explores the real motives that Eredin has, not some cliche and cringey moment of "The King is dead. Long live the King" + evil smirk + camera-zoom in + MLG sunglass.

3- On Thin Ice: The fight with Eredin was cinematic, but really? Eredin not wanting to at least taunt Geralt with his former life with the hunt? No mention of his real motives at all? Just a :"hehehehe, Avallac'h is really a fox, go get him, Geralt!"?

4-Reasons of State: A lot of users already put it perfectly, but I also made a thread about possible fixes that would at least keep Djikstra in-character if that is possible.

There are many quests that deserve better endings, but if these four got better endings it would have helped a lot with making the last act better.

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Agree
4. Agree

I like how often we share the same thoughts! :)

Guest 3847602

Final part of Count Reuven’s Treasure, at the witch-hunters barracks. Following Triss's plan leads to her getting tortured, killing Menge, then burning the building. So, we got the following situation:
White-haired witcher comes to the barracks, brings the sorceress and walks past the guards. Five minutes later, the fire erupts, the commander of Temple Guard, the sorceress and the witcher are nowhere to be found. The witcher re-appears some time later at the streets of Novigrad...
How the hell does no one wants to at least interrogate him and find out what exactly happened?
:areukiddingme:

Final part of Count Reuven’s Treasure, at the witch-hunters barracks. Following Triss's plan leads to her getting tortured, killing Menge, then burning the building. So, we got the following situation:
White-haired witcher comes to the barracks, brings the sorceress and walks past the guards. Five minutes later, the fire erupts, the commander of Temple Guard, the sorceress and the witcher are nowhere to be found. The witcher re-appears some time later at the streets of Novigrad...
How the hell does no one wants to at least interrogate him and find out what exactly happened?

Well, we kinda killed every witness...so...

Guest 3847602

Well, we kinda killed every witness...so...

Not if you allow her to be tortured (just the torturers and Menge are killed in this case). The rest of the witch-hunters are on the other side of the door. Triss even warns Geralt about it if he gets too close to it.
Even if we are to assume all those inside the building somehow died instantly in the fire (far-fetched, imo), there are still some of them who remained outside to guard the gate. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not if you allow her to be tortured (just the torturers and Menge are killed in this case). The rest of the witch-hunters are on the other side of the door. Triss even warns Geralt about it if he gets too close to it.
Even if we are to assume all those inside the building somehow died instantly in the fire (far-fetched, imo), there are still some of them who remained outside to guard the gate. ;)

Well, Dandelion also gets broken free of captivity from the Temple Guard itself and still gets away with opening a cabaret and remaining in the city itself, I guess Witch Hunters have very short memory, even shorter than golden fish :p

Radovid winning the war is 100% hack writting and it's hard to tell what quest should be improved. I guess whole game re-written.

I would say whole act 3 MQ should be improved, because there is barely anything good to say about it.
The same could be said about Blood and Wine - forshadowing for 5th target was so poor it wasn't even funny. It's weird both MQ in TW3 and B&W have the same problem of really poor done bad guy.

Well, Dandelion also gets broken free of captivity from the Temple Guard itself and still gets away with opening a cabaret and remaining in the city itself, I guess Witch Hunters have very short memory, even shorter than golden fish
Dandelion was captured by Caleb Menge's men and then he ordered execution of the bard (because Dandelion knew that Caleb had stolen the treasure for himself) , So after Menge's death nobody was interested in capturing the bard.

Radovid winning the war is 100% hack writting and it's hard to tell what quest should be improved.

Wouldn't say 100% hack writing, more like cut content, but even then, if Radovid takes Novigrad so easily because of the influence of the Witch Hunters, then why didn't he do it a long time ago so he can win the war much quicker?

I would say whole act 3 MQ should be improved, because there is barely anything good to say about it.
The same could be said about Blood and Wine - forshadowing for 5th target was so poor it wasn't even funny. It's weird both MQ in TW3 and B&W have the same problem of really poor done bad guy.

Both suffer from the last act having cut content, as I really do believe the "three days" thing in Blood and Wine to have been content that was cut due to lack of time, at least I hope so, or that they planned the invasion of Beauclair long before they wrote the story building up to that part.

Dandelion was captured by Caleb Menge's men and then he ordered execution of the bard (because Dandelion knew that Caleb had stolen the treasure for himself) , So after Menge's death nobody was interested in capturing the bard.

While you do have a point, he still was one of their captives, if they went full zealous mode in the time of Witcher 3 to cleanse the city of all sinners, then even Dandelion would be part of the targets, unless he somehow managed to convince some nobles with a bit of bribery here and there to make the whole thing go away, but even that would be a miracle for Dandelion, but he had one in Toussaint in the books, plot armor OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom