So...

+
Why doesn't Triss and Yen go along with the 3-some?
That one makes sense in the narrative, mind you. Women tend to not like this sort of thing, as I'm sure you can imagine?

Why Eredin wants to sacrifice Ciri when she's the only one capable of stopping the white frost?
A bit of a stretch, but I'm certain it falls in the "oft-discussed" category?
I'd also argue killing her wasn't really the plan, just a possible side-effect (do also bear in mind, it's Ciri who states that, and it might have just been Avallac'h who fed it to her... so, meh. We don't really know Eredin's plans, all we get is hearsay.

Most of the questions are rhetorical and quite good. However, this one I can answer. It's mostly because the two of them agreeing to a threesome with each other would be very much against the history of both characters. Fully explained here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...hoice-in-TW3?p=1598887&viewfull=1#post1598887
I reckon it's the last thing they would agree to, but a man can dream.

@lucasra the swords don't float, they are attached to the belt on his back
Does this belt show up on every armor?

Why Eredin wants to sacrifice Ciri when she's the only one capable of stopping the white frost?
A bit of a stretch, but I'm certain it falls in the "oft-discussed" category?
I'd also argue killing her wasn't really the plan, just a possible side-effect (do also bear in mind, it's Ciri who states that, and it might have just been Avallac'h who fed it to her... so, meh. We don't really know Eredin's plans, all we get is hearsay.

That's the thing, we have no idea, maybe Eredin's sages and advisers suddenly went lore-friendly and said she won't be capable of ever defeating the White Frost, but her offspring would be able to, and they were running out of time to catch her, breed the offspring, train the offspring to defeat the White Frost so Eredin went with the Military plan. but Avallac'h and Ida Emean somehow were the only ones that knew she was the Chosen One all along! Then why didn't Avallac'h say so to Eredin? And if he did, did Eredin actually consider the plan over his desire to free his Aen Seidhe cousins from humans? And if so, then why Ge'els chose the death of a regicide even if it meant the death of his entire people?

Besides all the jokes here, there are some narrative plotholes that will never be answered (unless somehow the Gwent Campaigns are purely designed for that purpose), which is a shame.

Last edited:
Thanks OP, I had a good laugh, maybe there's an answer to the Sun Stone but really that's the only reply one can think of.

I've one as well: Why is the Wild Hunt a pack of chilly alien elves in heavy armour, when traditionally it was a tempestuous ghostly cavalcade led by fallen heroes and gods of Germanic legend?

Sapkowski. Ay. I know.
Well yes, but...

Nitpicking time!

in the books Wild Hunt IS a tempestuous ghostly cavalcade, a trick used by Aen Elle to scare people off and kidnapping them because they can't have access to witcherworld in flesh and blood form. They're not chilly and don't use heavy armour.

:areukiddingme:

Ciri briefly explains it during the Isle of the mists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTlByQPY-w

It's around 4:15 in the video.
Basically Eredin wants to open the gate between worlds so he can transport vast numbers of the Wild Hunt at once. This will allow him to escape the White Frost temporarily. It is likely he does not believe the white frost can be "defeated." But that's more explictly described in the books.

But that's more explictly described in the books.

That's the thing, it isn't, the whole White Frost invading the Aen Elle world was purely made up by CDPR themselves, it's a shame they did not go more into it, because it had so much potential to be more than just a Father/Daughter simulator story, even if it is the best one I have seen in videogames so far.

They had their chance with a possible EE, but sadly, they are not going for it.

That's the thing, we have no idea, maybe Eredin's sages and advisers suddenly went lore-friendly and said she won't be capable of ever defeating the White Frost, but her offspring would be able to, and they were running out of time to catch her, breed the offspring, train the offspring to defeat the White Frost so Eredin went with the Military plan. but Avallac'h and Ida Emean somehow were the only ones that knew she was the Chosen One all along! Then why didn't Avallac'h say so to Eredin? And if he did, did Eredin actually consider the plan over his desire to free his Aen Seidhe cousins from humans? And if so, then why Ge'els chose the death of a regicide even if it meant the death of his entire people?

Besides all the jokes here, there are some narrative plotholes that will never be answered (unless somehow the Gwent Campaigns are purely designed for that purpose), which is a shame.

The whole Wild Hunt situation is a clusterfuck. It is, unfortunately, the weakest part in the whole trilogy, poorly written, inconsistent, and blatantly tropey (Sapkowski's take on it wasn't great to begin with, mind you). And it's impossible to fix as it would basically require a do-over.

The whole Wild Hunt situation is a clusterfuck. It is, unfortunately, the weakest part in the whole trilogy, poorly written, inconsistent, and blatantly tropey (Sapkowski's take on it wasn't great to begin with, mind you). And it's impossible to fix as it would basically require a do-over.

Not really a do-over, just adding more to the last act where the Wild Hunt are more present, hell, the Dream sequence about Eredin and Auberon could be more fleshed out with just a few dialogue lines between the two of them, that right there would describe the true intentions of Eredin other than the "I am so evil *smirk* muhahaha" scene.

It is obvious they lacked the time to properly flesh out the last act, because this isn't the only weak part in the trilogy, reasons of state questline also suffers, I just hoped because it is CDPR of all people they would add more, just like in W2, they did not change the story itself, but they added enough content that it became much better than before.

Man I feel I am the only one liking Aen Elle and Wild Hunt little story arc in the books, but being its resolution confined in just 2 chapters and 1 dialogue (Nimue talking about Ard Gaeth) I hoped the game would have developed it on a grand scale because for me there's the necessary source and they did good with W1. That's one of my biggest disappointments about W3.

Man I feel I am the only one liking Aen Elle and Wild Hunt little story arc in the books, but being its resolution confined in just 2 chapters and 1 dialogue (Nimue talking about Ard Gaeth) I hoped the game would have developed it on a grand scale because for me there's the necessary source and they did good with W1. That's one of my biggest disappointments about W3.

You are not alone in that, they had such great potential to work with that they couldn't work on because they had to fill the large open world they made, one of the main things I am concerned about Cyberpunk is that they said it will be "bigger" than Witcher 3, which screams to me that they did not learn their mistake, I hope I am wrong in that, but I am not really a Cyberpunk fan.

Not really a do-over, just adding more to the last act where the Wild Hunt are more present, hell, the Dream sequence about Eredin and Auberon could be more fleshed out with just a few dialogue lines between the two of them, that right there would describe the true intentions of Eredin other than the "I am so evil *smirk* muhahaha" scene.

It is obvious they lacked the time to properly flesh out the last act, because this isn't the only weak part in the trilogy, reasons of state questline also suffers, I just hoped because it is CDPR of all people they would add more, just like in W2, they did not change the story itself, but they added enough content that it became much better than before.

Reasons of state is comically bad, but at least it's not in the game's title... I guess any bit of extra content/context would've helped, but still, it would take a lot more than a few additional lines to make Eredin into a proper character. I think that boat has sailed now, and it's a shame. But hey, at least we got extra waifu time!

Last edited:
Reasons of state is comically bad, but at least it's not in the game's title... I guess any bit of extra content/context would've helped, but still, it would take a lot more than a few extra lines to make Eredin into a proper character. I think that boat has sailed now, and it's a shame. But hey, at least we got extra waifu time!

To copy a meme from 4chan that is sadly true:

Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition
Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition
Witcher 3: Waifu patch

Guest 3847602

Then why didn't Avallac'h say so to Eredin? And if he did, did Eredin actually consider the plan over his desire to free his Aen Seidhe cousins from humans? And if so, then why Ge'els chose the death of a regicide even if it meant the death of his entire people?

And where the hell was I? :teeth:

Man I feel I am the only one liking Aen Elle and Wild Hunt little story arc in the books

Nah, I like that part, too.

Where's the third expansion? :evil: Just a joke... :evil:

And by the way: Where's the key to open the gate of Devil's pit?! ;)

Last edited:
You are not alone in that, they had such great potential to work with that they couldn't work on because they had to fill the large open world they made, one of the main things I am concerned about Cyberpunk is that they said it will be "bigger" than Witcher 3, which screams to me that they did not learn their mistake, I hope I am wrong in that, but I am not really a Cyberpunk fan.
Indeed while you are amazed for the whole work they did you feel sad for these plot choices, or holes when it has to be said. Or for every cons you feel sad about. Hope open world formula won't have that effect on Cyberpunk as well.

Indeed while you are amazed for the whole work they did you feel sad for these plot choices, or holes when it has to be said. Or for every cons you feel sad about. Hope open world formula won't have that effect on Cyberpunk as well.

Indeed, the whole game is mostly perfect, but those hiccups and problems on the things that really matter like the main story will always ruin the experience no matter if they made a masterpiece like Hearts of Stone or made Toussaint come to life in Blood and Wine (which also has the same problems the main story has only worse than the main story itself).

Top Bottom