• Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt remains a Witcher

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt lives with Triss

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt lives with Yen

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
The Best Ending

So which ending do you guys believe to be the best ending?

I personally think the Ciri and Geralt both remain Witchers is the best one.
I don't think that Ciri ever wanted to be empress, she even makes a remark/joke/suggestion about Geralt taking her away and not letting her go to Nilfgaard during the Empress ending Missions. She always wanted to become a Witcher from the moment Geralt started training her. Ciri has always adored Geralt and always wanted to follow in is footsteps. If you've read the books, you probably know what I'm talking about...

Geralt on the other hand just doesn't seem the type to settle down and live his days on the bed... He has a good level of world-weariness and in my opinion, would never prefer to sit around. He's a man of action, he has no lust for glory or gold, just has a penchant for helping/protecting people. He's always wanted to be neutral to almost every situation presented to him, again this is a reference to the books. He has a strong belief in the reason that Witchers are were made for ridding the world of it's filth.

Last edited:
Ciris Witcher Ending is the best of the three, in my opinion.
She wanted to be a Witcher, and now she is one.

But to be honest, every ending is bad handled at the moment...
Not really satisfying.

Greetings.

Before I begin there isn't a "best ending" since it depends on the choices you make and the way you want the characters of the main story to be.

My choices brought me to the Ciri ending where she becomes a Witcher, and in my opinion I believe that this is the "Best" ending, but that only applies to me.

Some people might see it differently, besides Ciri wanted to be a Witcher as you've mentioned, I find this ending to be cute, awesome, and extremely satisfying,

Though, what happens next is what I can't stand, after the game ends, but that's not the place to start that kind of discussion since there are lots of threads about it, including a thread that I've made.

A very interesting thread I should say...However, additional conditions of world are not described...

p.s. Does anyone know: is it possible to make Ciri a witcher, but letting Nilfgaard win the war? Forgot to mention the condition that we DO take Ciri to Emhyr

Last edited:
None of them.

The best ending (without changing the story) would be one in which Ciri doesn't return and Geralt remains to be a witcher.

For me 2 endings are equivalent for being best:
1. is where Geralt ends up with Yennifer and Ciri becomes witcher (this one is obvious)
and
2 is when Geralt ends up with Triss and Ciri becomes empress. (this one not so obvious but, if geralt ends with Tris then Yennifer stays as advisor on Nilfgard court and i can live with this one easily, but if you end up with Yennifer then empress ending isnt as good because Philipa will "tend" to Ciri).

A very interesting thread I should say...However, additional conditions of world are not described...

p.s. Does anyone know: is it possible to make Ciri a witcher, but letting Nilfgaard win the war? Forgot to mention the condition that we DO take Ciri to Emhyr

No, if you take Ciri to the Emperor, she will NOT become a witcher in any scenario.

While we are at it, I assume I got what's commonly referred to as "Ciri dies" ending, but the cutscene doesn't spell it out explicitly. She sees the white frost (presumably), and then it ends, and the final recap says that "Ciri's fate is unknown" or something. So do we actually know that she dies? Geralt seems to think so, but I'm not sure it's conclusive enough. Not that care that much now that the game has practically ended, just wanted to clarify it. Also, I think this would be the best ending drama-wise. If we knew she died for sure, that'd be too in-your-face emo-tragic, and lived-happily-ever-after endings are boring.
Also, about the other endings, where Ciri lives for sure, does she actually stop TWF there?

No, if you take Ciri to the Emperor, she will NOT become a witcher in any scenario.

Not good :( It means that accepting / not accepting coin from Emhyr only affects Bad / Empress ending...

Another point I don't understand: I saw a video on youtube where Ciri becomes Empress and goes to Nilfgaard in the end, however Nilfgaard didn't occupy the North due to Diikstra's actions...but at the same time if Emhyr doesn't take Novigrad (regardless of who actually owns it - Radovid or Diikstra), he dies... how can that be? Emhyr - dead, Ciri - empress???

People need to realise that the Witcher ending means, assuming Geralt does settle down with one of the two love interests, she spends most of the rest of her life alone, on the road, and constantly risking her life in lonelyness.
The witcher Path sux.

People need to realise that the Witcher ending means, assuming Geralt does settle down with one of the two love interests, she spends most of the rest of her life alone, on the road, and constantly risking her life in lonelyness.
The witcher Path sux.
You need to realize that you desperately posting this doesn't make it true, any more than me saying Ciri gets assassinated a week in to her time as ruler, or leaving Nilfgaard because she hates politics is true.

The epilogue portrays her as being quite happy in her role and she repeatedly states that a life on the road is what she wants.

Anyway OP Witcheress is my favorite.

I was pretty satisfied with my ending, which was Ciri becoming a Witcher tagging along with Geralt for a while to learn the tricks of the trade so I voted for that. I ll try one of the other endings on my second playthrough.

You need to realize that you desperately posting this doesn't make it true, any more than me saying Ciri gets assassinated a week in to her time as ruler, or leaving Nilfgaard because she hates politics is true.

The epilogue portrays her as being quite happy in her role and she repeatedly states that a life on the road is what she wants.

Anyway OP Witcheress is my favorite.

Well, it is what she wants now. But how about her actually being a woman? How about family and kids? Also, I don't really fancy 30 years from now a picture of post-menopausal Ciri with osteoporosis, joint pain, hot flashes, and leg cramps. I remember my mom after she hit 50, and no way in hell I would suggest a career of a witcher to any woman. Nope. So for me the empress it is, and if she wants to kill some monsters in her leisure time, I am sure Nilfgaard can accommodate unusual tastes of its empress. It is not she will be prohibited from hunting monsters.

You need to realize that you desperately posting this doesn't make it true
Why do people pull stunts like this? It only reveals how biased you are.
any more than me saying Ciri gets assassinated a week in to her time as ruler, or leaving Nilfgaard because she hates politics is true.
Except those things would have reasonably been mentioned in the ending itself, unlike a potential demerit relatively to another ending or a hypothesised one. Especially if further down her future.
What are you even referring to? Geralt not spending the majority of the time with her? Cause it necessarily has to be that way for the other romantic endings to make any sense.

The epilogue portrays her as being quite happy in her role
And her extemporaneous reaction and ephemeral emotional state is indicative of the long term repercussions because...?

she repeatedly states that a life on the road is what she wants.
Really? And exactly where does she do that repeatedly?
Nevermind she won't spend it with Geralt if he settles down with either Triss and Yen..and she probably doesn't know yet.

Well, it is what she wants now. But how about her actually being a woman? How about family and kids? Also, I don't really fancy 30 years from now a picture of post-menopausal Ciri with osteoporosis, joint pain, hot flashes, and leg cramps. I remember my mom after she hit 50, and no way in hell I would suggest a career of a witcher to any woman. Nope. So for me the empress it is, and if she wants to kill some monsters in her leisure time, I am sure Nilfgaard can accommodate unusual tastes of its empress. It is not she will be prohibited from hunting monsters.
She can't somehow do that as a Witcher? Geralt retires. Lambert leaves to go adventure with Keira. Ciri doesn't even have the mutations as Gerald01 loves to point out, she can go wherever, do whatever strikes her fancy. If 5 years down the line Ciri decides "hey this sucks I want to be Empress" she can always teleport to Nilfgaard. As for "Nilfgaard accommodating the unusual" were you even paying attention to what's going on with Emhyr? Refusing to take a pure-blooded Nilfgaardian as a wife is what set off the whole assassination plot in the first place. Nilfgaard doesn't pander to people who want to not follow the rules.

---------- Updated at 07:11 PM ----------

Why do people pull stunts like this? It only reveals how biased you are.

Except those things would have reasonably been mentioned in the ending itself, unlike a potential demerit relatively to another ending or a hypothesised one. Especially if further down her future.
What are you even referring to? Geralt not spending the majority of the time with her? Cause it necessarily has to be that way for the other romantic endings to make any sense.

And her extemporaneous reaction and ephemeral emotional state is indicative of the long term repercussions because...?

Really? And exactly where does she do that repeatedly?
Nevermind she won't spend it with Geralt if he settles down with either Triss and Yen..and she probably doesn't know yet.
>Why do people pull stunts like this? It only reveals how biased you are.

I don't know. Why do you keep claming to know Ciri's long-term emotional state based on nothing more than your own biased view of the Witcher life? A life you claim Ciri can't even fully participate in due to not being a "real" Witcher?

>Except those things would have reasonably been mentioned in the ending itself, unlike a potential demerit relatively to another ending or a hypothesised one. Especially if further down her future.

I'm referring to how you are making stuff up that is not supported in the epilogue because it supports your bias. You claim Ciri "has" to be lonely and miserable when Geralt, Eskel, and Vesemir all seem content with their line of work. Geralt found both Yen and Triss while doing his job, and he found plenty of other friends out on the Path.

>And her extemporaneous reaction and ephemeral emotional state is indicative of the long term repercussions because...?

And your knowledge of how Ciri feels long-term in her role is based on...? Eskel seems content. Vesemir does. Geralt is rather happy and continues being a Witcher with Triss. Lambert isn't but he never wanted to be a Witcher. Ciri does.

>Really? And exactly where does she do that repeatedly?

At the camp with her friends. She says she wish she could go with, wandering the open road, but she feels trapped in the plots and plans other people and Destiny have for her. She can visit Yen, Geralt, and Triss whenever she wants. The Witchers of the Wolf School still winter together, and I see no reason Ciri wouldn't be welcomed for that, or why she would chose not to participate.

Edit: Let me just add that I have no personal beef with those who prefer Empress. I just find it rather OOC for both Geralt and Ciri. However I understand why others prefer it, it's very bittersweet. I'm also not obsessed with Ciri taking over for TW4 or whatever, if that happens fine, if TW3 is the end for the franchise fine, if we get a CDPR OC like Letho or Character Creationin a sequel, fine

Last edited:
I don't know. Why do you keep claming to know Ciri's long-term emotional state based on nothing more than your own biased view of the Witcher life? A life you claim Ciri can't even fully participate in due to not being a "real" Witcher?
You're still doing it. Did you not understand what I was referring to? Here's the simplified version: you are lying and exagerating the position of another person for the sole reason of making him look like a fool. I didn't even allude to her long term emotional state, nor I have even said she "can't even fully partecipate in" a witcher's life.

Again, you're just making yourself look biased. For no reason other than defend your beloved Witcher ending I guess?
I'm referring to how you are making stuff up that is not supported in the epilogue because it supports your bias. You claim Ciri "has" to be lonely and miserable when Geralt, Eskel, and Vesemir all seem content with their line of work.
I'm not making anything up. It is you who are setting up my argument in a way it was never meant to be.
I never said she has to be miserable. I meant lonely and alone compared to being on the path together with Geralt (as some people think) or living a stable, normal, stationary life, with a family even.
Geralt found both Yen and Triss while doing his job, and he found plenty of other friends out on the Path.
I wouldn't qualify Geralt's life as happy, or cheerful or wish it on anyone personally. Also he seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
And that's your best outcome more or less. All the other witchers except the 3 you mentioned seem to be miserable.
And your knowledge of how Ciri feels long-term in her role is based on...?
I never talked about her long term feelings. It is you who are assuming they have to be positive, based on the 20 seconds of (apparently) positive ones shown in the epilogue. Even if the two things were equal (and they are not, because you're the one inserting details who aren't there) poof, they're equally as unproveable at best.
So I don't see on what basis:
a) you act as if your interpretation/prediction is dogmatic
b) react so aggressively against any dissenting voice

eskel seems content. Vesemir does.

And do they spend the overwhelming majority of time (or used to) alone or not? How do you even know how do they feel? And does their mutation inhibiting (some) feeling capacity have any impact on their apparent outward emotional state (unlike quite emotional Ciri)?
Blergh.
Witchers of the Wolf School still winter together, and I see no reason Ciri wouldn't be welcomed for that,

No they don't. Vezemir is dead, Lambert and Eskel don't want to set foot at KM ever again as per dialogue. Lambert also goes away with Keira in one ending.

She can visit Yen, Geralt, and Triss whenever she wants.
Ok? I can visit my family too quite often, that doesn't mean I don't spend the majority of time away from them. I would imagine it'd been even more true if I were to be traveling around the world most of the time hunting monsters.

This is my original comment:

the Witcher ending means, assuming Geralt does settle down with one of the two love interests, she spends most of the rest of her life alone, on the road, and constantly risking her life in lonelyness.

Notice how it doesn't say anything you claim it says. It enumerates some very likely facts about her future life.
Let's look at them.
1)assuming Geralt does settle down with one of the two love interests, she spends most of the rest of her life alone <- that'd be the norm for Witchers, even Geralt. The majority (means 50%+1)of his time is spent alone, on the Path, during the previous 100+ years. Why do you find this so baseless/offensive?
2)on the road so.. she'd not do that? Why?

3)and constantly risking her life Is that absurd? Why? If anything, given she doesn't even have Witcher sense/reflexes she'd much more in danger than any of them

4)in lonelyness This is the only part you actually do discuss, partially. But I fail to see how this couldn't be, given she does have more than average emotions, her loved ones do not live with her etc.
Are you saying she gets some unnamed companions who also stay very often on the path with her most of the time? I mean, it would've been nice for the epilogue to mention that.
I mean, are we now debating if a Witcher's life is even lonely now?
And btw If we want to use that tactic as a mean of argument, then, why not, she meets the love of her life in the Empress Ending, they marry and live happily ever after. (My fantsy beats your fantasy!!!11)

Having said that, are you even talking about THIS comment or some other comment of mine you read somewhere else it may or may not have dealt similarly with the issue at hand? I did talk about Ciri and the various endings some time ago, but how is that relevant? I wasn't promoting my opinion, as expressed (or not) anywhere else.

Last edited:
May not be faithful to the books, but for my "canon" playthrough I went with the second option. I like the idea of Ciri continuing Geralt's legacy as a Witcher, and I think Geralt (or at least my Geralt) would be much happier with Triss. There's too much baggage with Yennefer, in my opinion.

Top Bottom