The Witcher 2 OFFICIAL sales

+
The Witcher 2 OFFICIAL sales

949 355 - an exact number of sold copies from first 5 weeks of retail sales, and first 14 weeks of digital sales. Keep in mind that this number DOES NOT include retail sales from July and August. Having said that ,we can easily assumed that the number is over 1 mln by now.

Source: http://translate.google.pl/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gram.pl%2Fnews_8A7lGue6_Wiedzmin_2_Zabojcy_Krolow_milion_niebawem_peknie.html

So, what do you think of this number?

It surely paid off for CDPR and that's great!

And I agree with Pham, hopefully those numbers keep on rising.

AxelRage said:
Not enough... :( I thought it sold about 1,5 million copies.
Well, it's obviously well over 1 million copies now since the retail sales numbers from July and August are completely missing (I guess due to the lawsuit between Namco and CDPR)

eskiMoe said:
Well, it's obviously well over 1 million copies now since the retail sales numbers from July and August are completely missing (I guess due to the lawsuit between Namco and CDPR)

No, due to the semi-annual report (01.01.2011 - 30.06.2011) to Warsaw stock exchange.

i hope more ppl buy the game but have to keep this also in mind that the game has fans almost everywhere, but not available.. and not to mention torrents where downloads are multiples of the game actually bought

err before any misconception by saying that just meant that The Witcher has many fans, just needs to sell more nothing else

Really nice!!!

I would love to see CDPR get huge succes in the game industry and rise to be one of the big dogs - they know how to treat their customers properly - unlike Bethesda (Skyrim requires Steam - GRRRRRR) ...

the game might reach over 3 million copies sold by the end of the year, sales will probably increase with version 2.0 & being optimistic , lets see, GOOD NEWS for CDPR all their hard work is paying off :)

Good, but more is required. Does anyone know when TW1 reached 1.5 mil?
Hopefully with Version 2.0 sales go up. TW2 should reach 2 mil at some point, on PC.

This number is really great. TW1 reached 1.5 million after many months and I expect TW2 to eventually reach 2 million for PC and I don't know how many for X-BOX {of which I couldn't care less}.

Unfortunately pirated versions should be a good 1+ million too though... :(

If only there was an effective way to combat piracy we would see the true sales that the game could potentially generate. I assume that there are a lot of lame gamers out there who conveniently resort to piracy, destroying gaming in the process...

Wheeeee! 1 million in just a couple weeks? That's not so bad as some paint it here. The Witcher didn't reach 1.4 million until after the EE and we're about to be getting a Witcher AoK 2.0. This is a game that keeps selling over the years, just like the first did.

bowman said:
If only there was an effective way to combat piracy we would see the true sales that the game could potentially generate. I assume that there are a lot of lame gamers out there who conveniently resort to piracy, destroying gaming in the process...
Would you please all keep your combat in your games? Who gets screwed over by that? Legit customers. What's their only means to circumvent customer punishment? Downloading a hassle free pirate version. Who won? Sony.

I commend CDPR for selling a DRM-free version of the game on GoG, which btw. was NOT the one that was being torrented.

Top Bottom