The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Looks like I won't be able to play it at all! :(

I have an I5 2500K
16GB Ram
Radeon HD 6950 graphics card
Direct X11
1TB HD with 479 GB free.

I think I'll just go and cancel my order now as I can't afford an upgrade! :crybaby:

A 6950 is pretty much a fast as a 7870. ;)

Guys, after i have seen the system specs i'm kinda depressed. I have just bought a GTX 750 OC 2 GB, and currently i have 4 GB RAM. CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925. Will i be aable to play the game on minimum just with hight resolution ?

There's a mixture of hard and soft requirements in that list. Things like 64-bit OS, DirectX 11, and some minimum of VRAM are hard requirements. Resources the OS and game can schedule, like cores, RAM, and VRAM over minimum, and the performance of the GPU and CPU are soft requirements: miss them and you'll have to trade resolution and settings for performance.

I suspect you can find a combination at which the game will play well for you, but maybe not at 1080p resolution.

I've never heard of knowing whathardware a game requires to be 'maxed out' until post-release benchmarks. Even then, it's something that is dependant on many things, it's the nature of PC gaming. As I said, this is just the standard way of releasing system requirements.

And it leaves a lot of unknowns, ah well, I suppose I expected a bit more effort from CD Projekt than this (the very minimum).
Edit: have a look at how Metro Last Light handled things, that provided as much information as possible.

And it leaves a lot of unknowns, ah well, I suppose I expected a bit more effort from CD Projekt than this (the very minimum).
Edit: have a look at how Metro Last Light handled things, that provided as much information as possible.

Having high expectations is fine, calling this a 'half-assed' or 'barebones' way of releasing the system requirements is unfair and a massive overstatement, however.

How much is the difference between GTX 670 and 770? I pass the rest of recommended requirements, in fact, i have exactly the i7-3770

If i can play the game at 1080p/30fps in High settings with some of them maybe in Ultra, I'm satisfied.

Last edited:
well thanks. Hope i will be able to enjoy this masterpiece. If not- well :D it's time to find a job

Now, since those specs are for "regular" GPUs only, would anyone here be so kind and tell me how they compare to notebook cards?
In other words, would a Nvidia GeForce GT 750M run it?
Thanks in advance!!

My system:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4702MQ @2.20GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: stated above ;)

Oh, if i guessed the GPU on recommended later today, i will guess the settings as well :) Just hear me.

AA: FXAA, MSAA, TXAA (and MFAA implementation)
HBAO+
And the Fur from Far Cry 4, which looks very good.

Having high expectations is fine, calling this a 'half-assed' or 'barebones' way of releasing the system requirements is unfair and a massive overstatement, however.

Well, it is barebones in being the very minimum that makes up requirements, they have not provided anything beyond that.
I grant you that half-assed is unfair but calling it barebones seems fitting.

Very nice, pretty happy with the requirements! My pc is a bit higher than the recommended. I hope people with the minimum are able to enjoy the game decently as well :)

*looks at his 1GB VRAM card*

*looks at his 4GB system RAM*

I'm sure it'll be fine.
it's a 6GB RAM in case if you need new glasses
I've been blasting Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition on medium with this card so I have high hope for my survival.

Poor optimization to AMD GPUs? Another game which is danger to take before release for AMD users?

The game isn't even out or in hands of people to be played, how can now say that AMD cards have poor optimization.
Because the AMD videocards in the specs aren't equivalent with the Nvidia cards? (If that is even the case...) I'm sure CDPR will do everything they can to make the gameplay experience the same for AMD and Nvidia users. Perhaps because of the use of some Nvidia tech, like the hair and fur, makes the game a bit harder to run on AMD cards. And I've heard here on these forums that most of the Nvidia tech is also heavy CPU based so I don't think that will be a problem.

Top Bottom