The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Kind of sad that the requirements are so barebones that they cause more quesswork than they answer, who knows what recommend entails.

Barebones compared to what? This format of listing system requirements is an industry standard, not quite sure what you were expecting.

Yeah, they promised as in-depth reqs as possible if I recall correctly. Maybe there will be more details closer to release, maybe...

I think that system requirements should tell the min-max-avg framerate of the systems they list as "requirements" and resolution + settings so we could get an idea of how they perform.

Yep, so seems to be the consensus here.

Is it a rare practice for companies to release Maximum requirements? I don't recall seeing such lists.

I never really bothered with requirements in 15 years now, because my PC was usually strong enough to play it and even if not, i just lower the settings, that's the good thing about PCs. But i can remember a time where it was common to release three different requirements, sort of an equivalent to low, medium and high.

I guess it doesn't matter anymore, recommended is the "goal". if you get it, you will have a good time.

If this is right (my system is a bit better than the minimum and a bit slower than the recommend) than i can play this game on Ultra in my solution, i think :D Nice

No 1080p, if were for 1080p they have put a 770 with 4gb vram. This game is not gonna use 2gb vram at 1080p with no AA.

Guys, after i have seen the system specs i'm kinda depressed. I have just bought a GTX 750 OC 2 GB, and currently i have 4 GB RAM. CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925. Will i be aable to play the game on minimum just with hight resolution ?

Barebones compared to what? This format of system requiriments is an industry standard, not quite sure what you were expecting.

Something similar to what a fair amount of other devs do these days, provide extra information on what recommended entails: settings, image, fps etc.
What we have now is the very barebones that makes up the requirements and still leaves a lot uncertain and up to your own opinion.
If one would ask me what you would need do max out the game on pc I would not be able to tell them in the slightest.
I expected atleast a little bit of added context, this seems fairly half-assed.

Well seems i might need to cancel my pre-order since I don't meet the minimum requirements. I had hoped to be able to play on minimum. Even a current budget computer won't be able to run TW 3 on minimum. It's a shame. Perhaps I'll just let it sit in my GOG library as respect for CDPR.

So I could buy either a ps4 or a very expensive pc. Alas, I don't have any money so it'll be neither.

Well seems i might need to cancel my pre-order since I don't meet the minimum requirements. I had hoped to be able to play on minimum. Even a current budget computer won't be able to run TW 3 on minimum. It's a shame. Perhaps I'll just let it sit in my GOG library as respect for CDPR.

So I could buy either a ps4 or a very expensive pc. Alas, I don't have any money so it'll be neither.
That's a pity :( hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the game in the future

If this is right (my system is a bit better than the minimum and a bit slower than the recommend) than i can play this game on Ultra in my solution, i think :D Nice

If that's the case I think you can play at medium settings with decent/smooth framerate. Ultra settings are way above recommended I think

What are your specs?

Looks like I won't be able to play it at all! :(

I have an I5 2500K
16GB Ram
Radeon HD 6950 graphics card
Direct X11
1TB HD with 479 GB free.

I think I'll just go and cancel my order now as I can't afford an upgrade! :crybaby:

There shouldn't be any problems to run TW3 on medium @ 1080p, right?
My specs:
CPU: FX-6300
GPU: Radeon HD 7950 3GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3

I have an I5 2500K
16GB Ram
Direct X11
1TB HD with 479 GB free.

I think I'll just go and cancel my order now as I can't afford an upgrade! :wallbash:
You only need to upgrade your GPU after raising some money. I bet that the CPU will be perfectly fine for every quality

I have an I5 2500K
16GB Ram
Direct X11
1TB HD with 479 GB free.

I think I'll just go and cancel my order now as I can't afford an upgrade! :crybaby:

Isn't that above minimum?

Something similar to what a fair amount of other devs do these days, provide extra information on what recommended entails: settings, image, fps etc.
What we have now is the very barebones that makes up the requirements and still leaves a lot uncertain and up to your own opinion.
If one would ask me what you would need do max out the game on pc I would not be able to tell them in the slightest.
I expected atleast a little bit of added context, this seems fairly half-assed.

I've never heard of knowing what hardware a game requires to be 'maxed out' until post-release benchmarks. Even then, it's something that is dependant on many things, hard to say with certainty, as PCs are complex machines made up of many different parts from many different manufacturers, it's the nature of PC gaming. As I said, this is just the standard way of releasing system requirements.

Top Bottom