The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
What about Windows 10? will the witcher 3 be compatible with new Windows? it comes out later this year...

What about Windows 10? will the witcher 3 be compatible with new Windows? it comes out later this year...

There is no reason it shouldn't be. But any time a new Windows comes out, the possibility that it will destabilize existing games exists. Not unlike the situation with Witcher 2 and .NET 4, where other applications that misused .NET 4 broke Witcher 2.

If there is any breakage like that, I'm sure both CDPR and the volunteers will be all over it. I know I will be attempting the game on Windows 10 as soon as it's possible.

Sorry to say, that may have been valid four years ago, but that's ancient history in the GPU business. Please check dates when using published articles to back up a claim, and be prepared to make a case that a reported problem has not since been solved.

http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/gainward_gtx_980_gtx_970_phantom,10.html
"That said, it did run 6 degrees hotter than the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, which is also a more compact dual-slot graphics card." tho. Having this rad on top of the fans yields suboptimal efficiency (fans less effective in pull setting).

http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/gainward_gtx_980_gtx_970_phantom,10.html
"That said, it did run 6 degrees hotter than the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, which is also a more compact dual-slot graphics card." tho. Having this rad on top of the fans yields suboptimal efficiency (fans less effective in pull setting).

Fair enough. However, same article,

"Overall the Gainward GTX 970 Phantom is the card that has impressed us the most. Gainward has opted for a shorter PCB making the GTX 970 more compact than most despite the triple slot design. Those running mATX systems will find the GTX 970 Phantom the ideal graphics card for extracting the most performance out of their gaming rig."

Overall, the Gigabyte G1 will be slightly the better performer. However, it is a very long design and may not fit, not just a few, but many cases. The Gainward's cooler is shorter and can be accommodated even in micro-ATX cases.

so i do not 100% fulfill the requirements with my
i7-2600 @3,4GHz
8GB Ram
gtx 560ti

will i still be able to run it on minimal settings?

Any news about optimization for a low budget dual-core machines?

I'll be finding out how poorly it runs on dual cores ( E8400, Core i3, and G3258 ) just as soon as I get my hands on it, which won't be any sooner than anyone else. It might run on the G3258, which is a damn fast dual core. (I also have a Pentium D and an Athlon 64x2, but those would be absurd.)

But I wouldn't call the work you'd need to get it to run palatably on a cheap dual core "optimization". More like "Muntzing" (look it up). Seriously, these processors are outside the intended scope of the game, and the only way to make the game work on them would be to cut drastically.

---------- Updated at 12:16 PM ----------

so i do not 100% fulfill the requirements with my
i7-2600 @3,4GHz
8GB Ram
gtx 560ti

will i still be able to run it on minimal settings?

560Ti 448 is also within the range of what I'll be testing. eskimoe's right, VRAM may be limiting on those. (560Ti 448 is 1280M, some regular 560Ti's are 2GB). I wouldn't promise anything other than low settings.

Last edited:
I must be misspelled or used the wrong word. I possible should say possibility to play Witcher 3 even with minimum settings and withot many features..

I must be misspelled or used the wrong word. I possible should say possibility to play Witcher 3 even with minimum settings and withot many features..

I just can't tell at this point whether all you will get is a slideshow.

My guess is that reasonable Core 2 Duos, like E8400 and up (but not E6400 and down), and entry-level DX11 GPUs, like GTS 450 and HD 5670, will be at least minimally playable. With anything less, there may not be the ability to get enough actors and textures on the screen to meet even a much lowered expectation.

Could be worse. We had a f'lah kept coming around asking for Witcher 2 to be built for Athlon XP. At some point, the older equipment just doesn't have the features to run the newer game at all.

Thanks God. I already have E8400 and DX11 videocard. So i can play the Witcher 3 and later,with enough cash and Enhanced Edition release see all the features with complete upgrade.

About minimum system requirements

I pre-purchased The Witcher 3 around almost a year ago, my pc is a bit outdated and I was wondering if I will be able to run it.

Specs:
- Intel Core i5-3210M CPU@ 2.50GHZ
- 8192 MB RAM
- AMD HD7670M graphics card
will those be able to run the game even on low settings?

---------- Post merged on 04-03-2015 at 03:29 AM ----------

I just can't tell at this point whether all you will get is a slideshow.

My guess is that reasonable Core 2 Duos, like E8400 and up (but not E6400 and down), and entry-level DX11 GPUs, like GTS 450 and HD 5670, will be at least minimally playable. With anything less, there may not be the ability to get enough actors and textures on the screen to meet even a much lowered expectation.

Could be worse. We had a f'lah kept coming around asking for Witcher 2 to be built for Athlon XP. At some point, the older equipment just doesn't have the features to run the newer game at all.

soooo...
- Intel Core i5-3210M CPU@ 2.50GHZ
- 8192 MB RAM
- AMD HD7670M graphics card
will those be able to run the game even on low settings? please tell me as I'm extremely concerned about this issue

Last edited:
The CPU's fine. The RAM's fine. The GPU is a problem.

The 7670M is an old GPU with a new badge, comparable to the old desktop 5570 and 6570. It's just barely adequate for Witcher 2 and will struggle with this game.

If it performs like those GPUs do with Witcher 2, you should get performance that's acceptable by some definition of acceptable, at 1280x720 and low settings. That's about as optimistic as I can get.

(CDPR hasn't given out requirements for mobile GPUs. But I wouldn't think that anything less than an AMD 7870M would be very pretty.)

Last edited:
The CPU's fine. The RAM's fine. The GPU is a problem.

The 7670M is an old GPU with a new badge, comparable to the old desktop 5570 and 6570. It's just barely adequate for Witcher 2 and will struggle with this game.

If it performs like those GPUs do with Witcher 2, you should get performance that's acceptable by some definition of acceptable, at 1280x720 and low settings. That's about as optimistic as I can get.

(CDPR hasn't given out requirements for mobile GPUs. I wouldn't think that anything less than an AMD 7870M would be very pretty.)

View attachment 10872
these are my settings for TW2, it runs on a pretty decent framerate without lag, I don't know how many frames but it doesn't lag for me, so idk if that's good or bad for TW3 :D

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 43
TW3's more demanding. But acceptable performance in TW2 is a good sign. The low resolution ( 1366x768 ) helps a lot; Red Engine performance correlates very strongly to pixel count.

1280x720 = 0.922MPixel
1366x768 = 1.05MP
1920x1080 = 2.07MP

Last edited:
TW3's more demanding. But acceptable performance in TW2 is a good sign. The low resolution (1366x768) helps a lot; Red Engine performance correlates very strongly to pixel count.

thanks a lot for your reply, now that I can rest assured the game will even run on my PC I can peacefully go catch some ZZZs :'D

That's similar to the system they demonstrated on High and stated that it would support Ultra. (Ultra will not include the really expensive eye candy like Ubersampling.)

What includes Ultra? what are its system requirements?

---------- Updated at 06:59 PM ----------

please answer! I bought a new pc for this game ( and cp2077) specs: I7 4790k 16 ram, gtx 970 4 gb vram

will TW3 work on highest settings/ ultra on this system!?

Hey, will I be able to play it on high/30-60fps with an EVGA 780 SC?

Absolutely. 770 is High/1080/30, so theoretically speaking if you keep all the settings the same you'll just see a relative FPS gain due to the 780's extra power.

What includes Ultra? what are its system requirements?

---------- Updated at 06:59 PM ----------

please answer! I bought a new pc for this game ( and cp2077) specs: I7 4790k 16 ram, gtx 970 4 gb vram

will TW3 work on highest settings/ ultra on this system!?

There is no "system requirements for Ultra" and it's something that nobody can really sufficiently judge at this stage. Ultra is a big wildcard and something that everyone is just going to have to wait until launch to find out what can run it and how well.

However I feel pretty confident saying that you'll be able to get High/1080/60(+) with a 970, as to what Ultra features you can turn on without tanking your framerate, well that will be a different story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom