The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. Depends on your priorities man. Sometimes being alone also has advantages.
Also, I'm not saying he should tell them both to go to hell, it's more a "let's stay friends" choice.
I know, probably not easy to process for someone who is in love with you. But then again, I think it should be an option.
A lot has changed for Geralt, and maybe he either needs time to think about it or he does not want either of them.
All is possible.

I was kidding of course :)
More choices never hurt anyway

Looks like they are friends again, at least they didn't fight until someone died :D

I just can´t see Yenn happy Triss has been taking advantage of Geralt´s amnesia. Extra points if it turns out she knew Yenn was back.

That kissing part game me a flashback to the surprise waking up next to Triss in TW2. I think it's there to show us that there is indeed a choice. At least I hope it is. No more defaults, please.

Just stop whitewashing Triss. If people choose her then fine, but so far only book readers know of her "darker" choices.

And no sorceress any than Yenn is getting close to Ciri if I have a choice.

Why is CDPR's Yen so "soft"? I never imagined Yennefer like that. She also looks too young to me (I know that it's just an illusion but anyway). The Yennefer in the Polish TV series (the one in the video in the post above mine) looked a lot more like the Yen I've personally imagined. Both extremely pretty but also kind of mature with a lot of confidence and surrounded with mystical aura....

For the decision: Yen of course. Triss is a girl. Yen is a real woman. She's arrogant, smug, vain, irascible, egocentric, iffy and dangerous. And so sensitive and feminine once you've cracked her hard shell. Jesus, how could someone not love Yennefer? It's a match like in heaven and hell for Geralt, both in mutual understanding, love and tragedy. Both are tragic characters who can't live with each other but even less without each other.... ;)

Last edited:
Why is CDPR's Yen so "soft"? I never imagined Yennefer like that. She also looks too young to me (I know that it's just an illusion but anyway).
I agree. I don't even know if it's confirmed that we are looking at Yen, but if it is... her hair is too brown and her features too 'soft and young,' just like you describe. :/

I only pray they didn't 'pretty up' Ciri and removed her scar like that they did Triss's.

I only pray they didn't 'pretty up' Ciri and removed her scar like that they did Triss's.

Oops, forgot my text. Well, Yen looks indead a little bit soft, we just need more footage of her and Ciri to verfiy or criticize it :D

Last edited:
Just stop whitewashing Triss. If people choose her then fine, but so far only book readers know of her "darker" choices.

And no sorceress any than Yenn is getting close to Ciri if I have a choice.

I'm not sure if that's a reply to my comment, @Nerevar-as, but if so, I may have not been clear. I didn't like being forced to have a default "relationship" with Triss in both games even before I read the books. What I meant was, I hope she's not the default romance and that it's there to show those who love Triss that she is still a choice even if Yennefer is back. The games are not canon and they seem to have no problems with not being canon:) So I stopped wishing they were a long time ago.

But after so much talk about "RPGs are all about choices and Triss should be one of them", it'd be a shame if I find myself making out with Triss without my choice. Again. That's what I meant.

I agree. I don't even know if it's confirmed that we are looking at Yen, but if it is... her hair is too brown and her features too 'soft and young,' just like you describe. :/

It's kind of confirmed. CD Projekt Red stated that we saw Yen in the video. Well, the one in the picture here is the only woman with black and white clothes and black curls... ;)

For Ciri: she is too pretty in the game (like Geralt himself which is described as a frightening and not really good looking man in the books but anyway). At least Ciri still has white hair (with a little bit blond perhaps still into it) and she also still has "a" scar although it's a really small one which you'll barely notice...

Tbh Ciri is hotter than both Triss and Yennefer together (in W3).... :p

View attachment 3622

Attachments

• ciri.jpg
    ciri.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 75
You can't actually see THAT scar as it's on the other side. I suppose because of that we just see the right side of her face so people who don't know her won't get "scared" :p

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm quite sure that 'The Scar' was depicted in the books as being on the left side of her face, so we don't know for sure yet. I'm to this day quite upset with Triss's scar removal, and I'm way too passionate about these characters not to care about things like that.

Knowing - broadly - what TW3 would entail, I knew that really major characters like Ciri and Yennefer were bound to be portrayed. I have been worried about it, to be honest; how incredibly important it would be for CDPR to get them just right, all the while recognising the impossibility of pleasing everyone. From what we've seen now (yes, I just found the thread with the hidden message, in which it's confirmed the woman we see standing next to Geralt and Triss is in fact Yennefer), I am not pleased, but it's also not catastrophic. Sapkowski never went into minute detail when he described his characters, but I always pictured Yennefer as taller, a bit sterner, and more mature-looking. This Yennefer looks 'too soft and young' overall, and her hair appears more brown than black, while Ciri instead looks a bit too pointy and angular, and also 'too pretty' in lack for a better description. She obviously is beautiful, even in the books, but the first impression from this trailer is that she appears a bit too made up, I guess. Oh well... like I said: first impressions. It could be worse, but it could also be a lot better. :/

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm quite sure that 'The Scar' was depicted in the books as being on the left side of her face, so we don't know for sure yet. I'm to this day quite upset with Triss's scar removal, and I'm way too passionate about these characters not to care about things like that.

Knowing - broadly - what TW3 would entail, I knew that really major characters like Ciri and Yennefer were bound to be portrayed. I have been worried about it, to be honest; how incredibly important it would be for CDPR to get them just right, all the while recognising the impossibility of pleasing everyone. From what we've seen now (yes, I just found the thread with the hidden message, in which it's confirmed the woman we see standing next to Geralt and Triss is in fact Yennefer), I am not pleased, but it's also not catastrophic. Sapkowski never went into minute detail when he described his characters, but I always pictured Yennefer as taller, a bit sterner, and more mature-looking. This Yennefer looks 'too soft and young' overall, and her hair appears more brown than black, while Ciri instead looks a bit too pointy and angular, and also 'too pretty' in lack for a better description. She obviously is beautiful, even in the books, but the first impression from this trailer is that she appears a bit too made up, I guess. Oh well... like I said: first impressions. It could be worse, but it could also be a lot better. :/

Exactly. Also Ciris green eyes are too small for my taste. It was very often repeated she has really BIG green eyes, which is the first thing people notice when they are looking at her. The first thing I noticed was her overall prettiness and that she look kind of a "made up" as you said.
We need more screenshots and trailers to judge finally I guess.:D

Exactly. Also Ciris green eyes are too small for my taste. It was very often repeated she has really BIG green eyes, which is the first thing people notice when they are looking at her. The first thing I noticed was her overall prettiness and that she look kind of a "made up" as you said.
We need more screenshots and trailers to judge finally I guess.:D
Well, we shouldn't forget that Cirilla is about 15 years older in Witcher 3 than she was at the end of the saga. You can change a lot in 15 years depending on your experiences and the events you had to go through... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom