The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, do you guys think Yennefer will have her memory back, just like Geralt or no?

If she does remember everything, I find it really hard for CDPR to implement a romance choice between Triss and her.

I believe she won't remember a thing, for a big chunk of the game at least. And then it will come down to Geralt to try and help her remember, or not try at all and "stay" with Triss.

I think she will have her memories back and may even be the aiding emphyr(given in trailer he didn't seem hostile and the less political ficus of w3)
Personally don't want use of mechanic of selfish denying her of her memories as means of staying with Triss. Let have an honest confrontation where they either renew bond or an acceptance that their past is their past for those who wish to stay with Triss.

We already saw her rendered in game. Remember? :p

Just one brief glimpse! Let the crowd see her in movement, kicking asses and witching things :)

By the way, do you guys think Yennefer will have her memory back, just like Geralt or no?
If she does remember everything, I find it really hard for CDPR to implement a romance choice between Triss and her.

I like the idea to help her regaining her memories, but how should CDPR make that appealing to the player? The player doesn't really know her yet, so why should he care?

They made us love Triss in one game (TW2) so they will have no problem with Yenn. They can use her amnesia as a narrative trick (again) as some of you here have commented, Yenn remembering at the same time the player discovering their relationship. But even if Yenn remembers, I see no problem there ( tons of flashbacks).

That's exactly why this would work.
The player could learn about Geralt and Yennefer by unlocking her memories together with Geralt.

But you do have a point, Emhyr would only use her as a bargaining chip.
Perhaps Emhyr has Yennefer and told Geralt if he doesn't want her to be hurt he has to bring Ciri to him.

I see no other reason for Geralt to play along with Nilfgaard, knowing that they only mean harm to Ciri
and brought it to basically everyone else he cared about.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense so far. Why should Geralt work for Emhyr and bring her back? So she can get what she deserves? What? Cintra?

And if Yennefer is the bargaining chip, why did we already see her with Geralt and Triss on a boat?

Yeah, that doesn't make sense so far. Why should Geralt work for Emhyr and bring her back? So she can get what she deserves? What? Cintra?

And if Yennefer is the bargaining chip, why did we already see her with Geralt and Triss on a boat?

Both, Emyr and Geralt, want Ciri safe, that's enough reason for both to cooperate. Temporary, of course.

Why just Cintra? Maybe the whole North :) But Ciri is not child anymore, so, deserving or not, I don't think she will take anything she doesn't want.

Good point.

And Ciri wasn't on that ship -or was she the masked person in the back ?
We know too little to make sense of it all so far~

Hmm, nah, i don't think so. Ciri wouldn't stand in the background with a mask on and the stance and clothing doesn't really fit her. She would stand next to them.

Both, Emyr and Geralt, want Ciri safe, that's enough reason for both to cooperate. Temporary, of course.
book spoiler
But giving her to Geralt and Yennefer contradicts this, both are living a dangerous life or at least Geralt does. He gave her to them, because she was unhappy and crying, her well-being was more important to him than her safety apparently. If her safety was more important, he would have insist that she comes with him, because he could protect her better at his side with an army.
Why just Cintra? Maybe the whole North
But Ciri is not child anymore, so, deserving or not, I don't think she will take anything she doesn't want.

book spoiler
But why should he do that? She doesn't know how to reign, she never learned it and if the prophecy is true, she is even a risk for his empire. Also there is still a false-ciri.

Emhyr does not work with Geralt. Emhyr informed Geralt that Ciri has returned. He did that, so that the witcher tries to find her. He is the most suited to do so, not just because he is a witcher, but because he is tied to Ciri, and Emhyr really believes in Destiny.

I do not know, what Vattier has done to Yennefer to make her speak, even if she does not remember a thing. But clearly some magic was involved. Which leads me to this path. Emhyr's agent that he had to sent with the witcher, because he knows Geralt wouldn't bring back Ciri, is Yennefer. A "brainwashed" Yennefer.

Also, Emhyr deeply believes in the prophecy of Ithlinne. He believes that Ciri's grandson will rule the world. He might have stopped thinking about marrying the real Ciri and getting her pregnant, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't want her on the Throne. The problem is that, he also wants the Emreis dynasty to be the greatest dynasty the world has ever seen. We know that he doesn't have kids. Ciri doesn't have his name. And she is a female anyway. So either Emhyr changed his mind, or something else is going on. I'm not presenting a point here, just my thoughts.

But why should he do that? She doesn't know how to reign, she never learned it and if the prophecy is true, she is even a risk for his empire. Also there is still a false-ciri.

It's simple, really. Ciri is his daughter, his own flesh and blood.
He built a legacy and someone has to continue it after his death.

Who'd be fit better for this task than the one who will one day give birth
to the future ruler of the world, according to Ithlinne's prophecy ?

That's a pretty good way to continue one's bloodline and to secure the future of Nilfgaard.

Emhyr is a master of strategy and he always plans ahead, never settles for less.
Why shouldn't he try to consolidate his Empire with this ?

And false Ciri isn't a problem.
He can switch them as easily as he did in the first place.

book spoiler
But giving her to Geralt and Yennefer contradicts this, both are living a dangerous life or at least Geralt does. He gave her to them, because she was unhappy and crying, her well-being was more important to him than her safety apparently. If her safety was more important, he would have insist that she comes with him, because he could protect her better at his side with an army.
Well, be pursued by the Wild Hunt seems more dangerous than living with Geralt. Anyway, he would like to neutralize the WH menace, and then... who says he plan to let Ciri live with the witcher?

book spoiler
Yeah, sure, the Fciri should be manage somehow. But again, she is her heir, and he has time to teach her those things. Again, what Emyr wants and what Ciri wants could be very differents things. But the priority is the Wild Hunt.

Last edited:
@devilsadvocate

Yes, this all might be what Emhyr wants.
But what will actually happen is a whole different story.

I doubt that Geralt will bring Ciri back to Emhyr~

Maybe it will be a choice in the game. Remember we are rewriting history, by playing the game and deciding what happens. Who knows.

Of course, said choice is not one that I would pick. :p

By the way, to get back on topic (and wild speculation), Yennefer being actually an agent of Emhyr, while of course acting normal, until exposed, could complicate the Triss/Yennefer choice for many gamers. What do you guys think on that?

Last edited:
Maybe it will be a choice in the game. Remember we are rewriting history, by playing the game and deciding what happens. Who knows.

Of course, said choice is not one that I would pick. :p

It will probably be one of the major choices, to decide which path Ciri will take.
Another major choice is most likely - and with that we return to the actual topic - the choice between Triss and Yennefer.

I'd still choose Yen, because I simply cannot forget what happened in the books.

I'd love to see Geralt try to tell Ciri that she is going to Emhyr. :p
She is a big gal now. She can make her own decisions. Oh man so many alternatives. I'm so excited holy crap.

What confuses me a bit is that the Wild Hunt hasn't abducted false Ciri yet.
I mean, "officially" Ciri is in Nilfgaard, married to the Emperor.

How come the Wild Hunt hasn't taken that bait ?

What confuses me a bit is that the Wild Hunt hasn't abducted false Ciri yet.
I mean, "officially" Ciri is in Nilfgaard, married to the Emperor.

How come the Wild Hunt hasn't taken that bait ?

That's a good point. I remember Esterad Thyssen, talking to himself during Emhyr's wedding and Fake Ciri's coronation, saying that the girl, is does not look like the girl from his dreams. He could tell, I mean. So I guess that is the case with Eredin as well. He did see the real Ciri live in front of his eyes, so I guess he would know.

Damn we are off topic again. Someone please! Yennefer, Triss!

Hmm, i don't really warm up for that idea about Ciri.
Emhyr gave her up too easily in the books for such plan in my opinion.

He was looking for her the whole time and then when he finally finds her, he gives her away, even though she is so important for him and his plan?

The risk that she just disappears in thin air again was quite big (and so did she)
, but that's for another thread ^^

A brainwashed Yennefer? A sleeper? :p

That would be interesting, but if she recovers, she will be a strong enemy, maybe too strong for him. She is with Philippa one of the strongest sorceresses now (and before ofc).

It would be wiser to just kill her or hold her in chains to have something against Geralt.

Crackpot theory...
could the wibbily woobily transdimensional unicorn-propeled travels have changed somehow the Bond between Geralt and Yenn? or maybe cured their infertilities? That would offer... interesting possibilities :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom