These Expansions Better Have Iorveth and Saskia.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem with including Saskia in any major role is that she can be pretty explicitly dead by Geralt's hand.

There's a lot more hope for seeing Iorveth. I think the very worst end he can meet in TW2 is still quite murky. He's being hauled off in a cart if you choose to save Triss in the Scoiatel path, and Geralt can choose whether or not to intervene. If you decide not to help him, his fate is entirely unknown.

Just skip any miraculous resurrections please. I killed the dragon in TW2, and I don't want Saskia being alive and well in any expansion. Add one more question about the dragon's fate, and make her appear or not appear accordingly. I know, a lot of people want her, but the plot is already pretty screwed up in certain areas at this point, so don't make it worse just for a fan service.

I want to know what happened to the daughter of Borch goddamnit, even if you dared kill her.

But I don't care about Iorveth at all, he may have been killed defending Vergen or he is currently protecting her in some cave, but even if they are both introduced they won't add too much to the story as Iorveth won't fight against the Aen Elle, but goddamnit, I want to know Saskia's fate.

Hear, hear!

I honestly was expecting Iorveth to show up after I got Letho and Roche in my playthrough. I had to look it up later to come up disappointed he wasn't in it at all.

What's up with that? We know for sure Roche's path was canon I guess but man was I disappointed to not hear from those two. Iorveth please come back!

Philippa Eilhart: We wish to rule, yes. Where is the fault in that? Everyone wants to rule. I know how to do that. Better than any other monarch in this city.

Geralt of Rivia: You can't hope to win the common folks' trust. Humans will never accept a sorceress queen.
Iorveth: Non-humans won't either, given what that old hag, Findabair, has achieved.

Philippa Eilhart: They all believe in Saskia. They all trust her. The girl is a born leader, yet she has no political instincts. She's charismatic, but not cunning, courageous, but not fierce, she is just but lacks the required cruelty...

Iorveth: She is your very opposite.

Philippa Eilhart: Perhaps... Together we would be unstoppable...

If they can make it so Roche's followers don't have to deal with Iorveth and Saskia, it would be perfect.

They'll be happy their choice is respected, and we finally get our just reward.

Although, given that they've forced Roche on us, I would feel no remorse for Roche followers if they had to deal with them.

I want to know what happened to the daughter of Borch goddamnit, even if you dared kill her.

But I don't care about Iorveth at all, he may have been killed defending Vergen or he is currently protecting her in some cave, but even if they are both introduced they won't add too much to the story as Iorveth won't fight against the Aen Elle, but goddamnit, I want to know Saskia's fate.

I don't see why Iorveth wouldn't fight the Aen Elle, Saskia definitely would, and if she will, Iorveth will :p

I think the problem with including Saskia in any major role is that she can be pretty explicitly dead by Geralt's hand.

There's a lot more hope for seeing Iorveth. I think the very worst end he can meet in TW2 is still quite murky. He's being hauled off in a cart if you choose to save Triss in the Scoiatel path, and Geralt can choose whether or not to intervene. If you decide not to help him, his fate is entirely unknown.

That's not a problem. I don't like this canon or nothing approach. They only need to recognize and react to what decision we made. She's alive, or she's not. If she's alive, she's freed from the curse or not. Three options. I won't ever condescend to call that problematic.

Personally I'm also a bit disappointed by the lack of impact for my decisions and some storytelling decisions like the Hollywood Villain Eredin or the Deus Ex Machina White Frost. I'm really hoping for those expansions and a possible EE to fix that, so I can enjoy my second playthough without that negative connotation.

So, to OP: I really am hoping so, too!

Fair enough. Dragon Age did copy a lot from the Witcher, including the Grey Wardens (basically the same as Witchers).

Still doesn't change the fact that I find elves boring as fuck.

You mean they used tropes and conventions found in a variety of works within fantasy and fiction in general?

How dare they.

OT: If Saskia is in, she should have a cameo at best because of how she can die... unless CDPR want to retcon her "death" outcome.

I've just found this picture in another thread. It could have been done with photoshop but the one who is behind Geralt and the elf seems to be Iorveht. He is wearing medals of Redania, Kaedwen and Temeria as the scoia'tels commanders do.

See, I romanced Shani and woke up in Triss bad.

Red ignored my decision

So what's the problem in Saskia being alive? It happened before.

Or those on Roches path who killed Saskia get to see Anais who is just going to stand by doing nothing : )

See, I romanced Shani and woke up in Triss bad.

Red ignored my decision

So what's the problem in Saskia being alive? It happened before.

Well technically there was a reason for that added in the EE, something along the lines of Geralt being too absent from Shani due to Foltest's missions, so they broke it off. And so Geralt ran back to Triss....

Yes I know it sounds stupid, but its something. With death its far more permanent, a relationship status change can be more easily retconned with an explanation. How would they bring Saskia back if Geralt killed her? Geralt thought he killed her but he didn't? Saskia has multiple lives?

The situation would lose all the gravity it had if they choose to bring her back this way... Its like with Roche in TW3 actually. One thing I regretted about choosing Iorveth in TW2 was that I felt bad for betraying Roche, but apparently he's my buddy again in TW3 so.... it didn't matter?

What I am trying to say that CDPR has pulled foolishness like this before, so its not below them to do so again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom