[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

+
aha i see. And no, it's not worth changing the fistfights since they are such a tiny part of the gameand cool, your guy kicks as he fights

once you installed whatever version of difficulty mod you should place the file into "the witcher/data/scripts/" folder and overwrite existing file.

sorry to be asking beginner questions but I'm wondering if I'm doing this right...When i unpack the diffculty mod (either 1.1, 2.1 or 3) do i just unpack it into the data file (so for instance, there is now a new file called "difficulty change" & "poker") or am i supposed to unpack them into pre-exisitng files (such as the files under "difficulty changes" should go under "scripts")?Also, I'm not sure where to unpack the hag fix mod to - I can't seem to find the ".utc" filesThanks

the name "difficulty" mod is too general. there are many changes and some users might want one but not another.when you open the archive you can see new features named and seperated in folders. to install wanted feature you must extract folder content to "the witcher/data/".f.e. when you'll install leveling change, you'll get new files in "the witcher/data/utc/" folder. same way you should apply all wanted changes.if you like all changes, extract content of "all_in_one" folder to "the witcher/data" creating new folders like override, utc, uti, ... , etc in "data" folder.if you have further questions just ask.

ok - so let me see if i understand this (thank you for your patience...)1 of the changes in the difficulty mods is under the heading "item stacking" - I unzip that to override? Another is "werewool fur" - I unzip that into quests & make a new file called "utc"?In other words - unless i want all the changes ("all in one") I have to unzip each file into the correct pre-existing file under "Data"?

not file but folder. inside "werewolf fur" folder you have 2 new folders. extract them into "data/" folder. do the same with other changes you want to apply.[size=12pt]3 new versions of the mod ready to download.links and list of changes in updated first post.[/size]

Sorry to trouble but is there anyway you could upload the mods to another site?Rapidshare doesn't seems to like me :-[Thanks for the great mod although ;D

Really impressive - considering the scope that this project is taking it should be called "Enhanced Enhanced Edition of The Witcher"!

Really really nice mod :=)I have a few questions though:1) My weapons (even those found after installing the mod) keep showing a +x% damage bonus on them. Is it only a text glitch, and the bonus is not working? In this case, are there ANY swords with a bonus damage mod (just to recognise them from text-bugged ones)2) You said that by not using armor mod, you'd receive 60% less damage. However, the best armor only reduces damage by 20%. Is that because the "more damage received" part is based in the armor file? I'd like the armor to keep their 10-15-20% dmg reduction, but not 60%. How can i modify that?3) What does "precise hit" do exactly?4) You changed the talents text to say "+pain intensity" instead of "+pain chance" for example, for some weapon style talents. What is pain intensity? An enemy is either in pain or not, isn't it?Thanks :=)

Madeiner said:
Really really nice mod :=)I have a few questions though:1) My weapons (even those found after installing the mod) keep showing a +x% damage bonus on them. Is it only a text glitch, and the bonus is not working? In this case, are there ANY swords with a bonus damage mod (just to recognise them from text-bugged ones)
For now, changes in descriptions shown only for polish version of the game. Other stuff work just fine on any lang.

When leveling up, is it any use leveling precise hit for group combat? Or have you disabled precise hit completely in group combat

Madeiner said:
Really really nice mod :=)I have a few questions though:1) My weapons (even those found after installing the mod) keep showing a +x% damage bonus on them. Is it only a text glitch, and the bonus is not working? In this case, are there ANY swords with a bonus damage mod (just to recognise them from text-bugged ones)2) You said that by not using armor mod, you'd receive 60% less damage. However, the best armor only reduces damage by 20%. Is that because the "more damage received" part is based in the armor file? I'd like the armor to keep their 10-15-20% dmg reduction, but not 60%. How can i modify that?3) What does "precise hit" do exactly?4) You changed the talents text to say "+pain intensity" instead of "+pain chance" for example, for some weapon style talents. What is pain intensity? An enemy is either in pain or not, isn't it?Thanks :=)
1) most data about weapons you already possess is stored in savegame's so mod cant change descriptions of existing weapons and armors. all changes will be visible on newly aquired items. note that item description has nothing to do with item properties so even if you dont see updated description, changes in item properties are always working.(i'll update first post with this information)2) order raven armor has 30% damage reduction. bonuses on armors are reseted and there is global +30% recieved damage mod so after summing it up we have 60% difference. armor properties are stored inside item_abl.lua. you can edit this file with simple notepad and change the value.3) precise hit is critical effect which can be considered a critical hit. its applied in group style and the more enemies you are hitting the more damage it deals. in original game for the most part of adventure, maxed group style could slaughter countless strongest enemy types thus making it extremely unbalanced skill.
Madeiner said:
When leveling up, is it any use leveling precise hit for group combat? Or have you disabled precise hit completely in group combat
though all undead and strongest enemy types are immune to precise hit, all humans, elves, dwarfs and common monsters arent. precise hit is still very usefull when dealing with multiple common enemies, f.e. when fighting humans- salamander.when you see pitifully looking +3% bonus to precise hit you should realise that this is original, unchanged value from the game. bonuses to precise hit were +3%, +6% and +9%, nothing has changed in this bonus. what has changed is talent description, properly showing the meaning and values of talents.despite how low 3% looks its actually a very usefull improvement. precise hit was never precisely described by developers so we can only guess how does it work.basing on knowledge from game mechanics about every other skill and critical effect i can safely assume that damage dealt by precise hit is based on percentage of enemy health.imagine a dwarf berserker with 1200 hitpoints;3% from 1200 is 366% is 729% is 108now add 108 bonus damage to your already applied damage, multiply it by number of enemies and you have huge number. its definitely worth it in my opinion, its just not unbalanced anymore but a reasonable skill.4) chance of inflicting pain is self-explanatory. pain intensity indicates how long pain effect last. intensity is modified by enemy resistance to critical effect. toughest enemies in the game are very resistant and its very important to increase critical effect instensity to apply critical effect for satisfying ammount of time.
Madeiner said:
For now, changes in descriptions shown only for polish version of the game. Other stuff work just fine on any lang.
item descriptions are fully translated to english and exist properly in english version. unfortunately these descriptions are not applied on already existing items (those you have in equipment or those you already saw in shop). new items will show proper descriptions.if there are any further questions, i'll happily give detailed answers.glad you enjoy the mod.have fun.in case of problems with particular fights, describe it and i'll serve with advice and create a movie on youtube showing how to defeat problematic enemy.short movie made on request from Polish topic about the mod. one user had problem with roland fight in 3rd act:http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=5HIThnstj7Y

Thank you Flash, you have been VERY exhaustive :)Your improvements are making the game A LOT better than vanilla :)I also discover that to fight very strong monsters (ex: graveirs in chapt 3), a good strategy is to go for incineration+pain with fast styles+strong style when those are applied, and as you said, it really made a difference! This makes the game more interesting than just slaughtering everyting with group :)I also find group style very strong but also very dangerous; i can kill several drowners dead with group style in little time, but they'll be behind me and thus a lot more dangerous than normal. Again, more strategy is making the game a lot better.

pain and bleeding is very important. mentioned graveirs have 86% chance to hit geralt with dexterity 4 and upgrades to dodge and parry. applying pain and bleeding both reduce enemy accuracy by 50 so with pain graveri has 36% chance to hit, with pain and bleeding 0% chance.graveir of course isnt considered a top of the line monster :). strongest monsters have 30-50% chance to hit witcher even with critical effects.

2 flash in the flash
item descriptions are fully translated to english and exist properly in english version. unfortunately these descriptions are not applied on already existing items (those you have in equipment or those you already saw in shop). new items will show proper descriptions.
Then sorry for dezinformation. But.Rusty Sword from Kaer-Morhen (it_stlswd_006) for example, have different description for polish version and english one. English have penalty, bat polish- don't. Check it please. I begin new game.

A question concerning editing armor values, please:I found the Armor_Mult set to 1.3 for all armors. That is the 30 percent damage increase you added, I assume. I wanted to to feel armors more different and therefore let each one get a little better absorbtion than the one before. So I decreased the Armor_Mult to 1.2 for the second one, 1.1 for the third, then 1.0 and finally 0.9. Would this get me the desired effcet that better armors protect (a little) better, while still not being as effective as in the original version?I also noticed that the very first armor as no Armor_Mult at all - is this armor not used in the game?Thanks for taking your time to answer (and to mod, of course).

youngneil1 said:
A question concerning editing armor values, please:I found the Armor_Mult set to 1.3 for all armors. That is the 30 percent damage increase you added, I assume. I wanted to to feel armors more different and therefore let each one get a little better absorbtion than the one before. So I decreased the Armor_Mult to 1.2 for the second one, 1.1 for the third, then 1.0 and finally 0.9. Would this get me the desired effcet that better armors protect (a little) better, while still not being as effective as in the original version?I also noticed that the very first armor as no Armor_Mult at all - is this armor not used in the game?Thanks for taking your time to answer (and to mod, of course).
You are partially correct. Yes you are decreasing damage taken by making those changes but, remember the last three entries should have the same value, because they are essentialy the "best" armor, but each one a little different from the others, based on which side you affiliate to in game.The first armor entry is for when geralt has no armor on him.Basically there are three "tiers" of armors in game:Starting armor (the one you get at the beginning), you may keep this one at 1.3 multiplier.Armor in ACT 2 (you could set to 1.2 for example)Best armors depending on which side you choose (you could set 1.1 here)That's what i'd do.I think 0.9 is too low of a value. Your taking 90% of total damage instead of 130%, that is a 40% difference (more or less) from intended values, which makes the game too easy (for my likes, at least)Note: Keep in mind that none of these changes will show up on the armor statistics in game.

Top Bottom