• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Just a few suggestions

1. Allow us to turn off the blue/red weapon streak effect on sword swings. We don't necessarily need a color coded clue for whether we just made a heavy or light attack.

Bug: Many enemies, particularly drowners and humans,, when they are killed, they "bounce" off of their own loot bags/loot pile that spawns. Thus, their rag dolls do not fall properly and bounce around after the killing blow.

To fixI think that loot bags should only spawn if the body is knocked to a place where you can't reach them. I know some other games do this..I think Skyrim does.

Bug: My HUD configuration is not saving. It keeps reverting back to a certain config every time I exit the game, even if I save.

Its just unreasonable the way it drops, most often it don't seem to be a graphic issue, just a bug, I don't know...normal areas, some grass and trees...You look at your right side and performance is ok, you look to the left and fps drops to 19 or even less.
Also I noticed that it happends after using the witcher senses sometimes and when in some specific area...it drops for a matter of 3 secs and later it come back to normal. Sometimes you look at a single f****** tree and the framerate drops to 20, you look to another tree and it comes back to normal, again. Also the game don't seem to deal very well with some smoke. We are talking about serious framerate drops, not that 'normal' and acceptable drops when in combat or something like that...I hope CDPR dev team can handle this serious and annoying issue.

A long and comprehensive critique of The Witcher 3

I have not been part of this forum for long. In fact, I have been a part of the Witcher forums for so little time, that the automated system was kind enough to inform me, that I was a mere "poser" on this site. The reasons for my lack of participation are numerous, but they don't particularly matter.

Nevertheless, I have been a fan of the Witcher series since I played the original game in 2009. And with the release of this final iteration I thought I would write a long critique of the game, of what's great, what's good and what's bad in the game.

Anyway, I thought, that if I worked on it for so long, that I would share it. And if you feel like it and have the time for it, then read it, perhaps offer your thoughts on it afterwards.

I have already included a spoiler warning in there, but I'll include one here as well: spoiler warning for a lot of story elements and the ending.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, a long and exhaustive critique and/or love letter.

Last edited:
A thoroughly enjoyable read, that I also thought was insightful and comprehensive. I agree with pretty much everything you said, the game is essentially a flawed and messy masterpiece. My main gripes are with the main story not being as interactive as the staggering amount of sidequests, and that the relationships between the characters become a lot staler during the final act. Also the Wild Hunt pales in comparison to practically all the other characters depicted in the game. AFter mentioning that, what's left is a breathtaking experience that is immersive and enjoyable. I do hope that patches and DLC will iron out the last issues with the game, because the reason I think people show their discontent with the failings of the game is that they know CDPR can do a lot better, and the things they pulled off where truly amazing.

Best critique of TW3 I've read so far Daniel. One can only hope someone from CDPR will take it to heart. They're very capable in improving their games, so I'd expect some improvements soon. Still, TW3 is wiping its ass with the latest big-budget AAA games.

What A Well Written Game.

What a well written game this is.

Games don't usually hook me in on the basis of storytelling as I have the twin impediments firstly of playing pretty slowly, in fairly small chunks (compared to some) and sometimes widely spread sessions, so I tend to forget who is who and who was supposed to have done what. (to Who when and how. etc) And secondly I lack the gush gene which (with no insult intended to anyone reading) often leaves me cold when reading or watching things which seem to be emotionally affecting other folks.

But Witcher 3 is has been bringing me back in for longer sessions and closer together and I'm finding myself invested in the storyline and the individual tales of the side quests. Just for example I recently finished the quest involving the Botchling and I found myself quite affected by the ongoing tale.

Oddly enough I am a veteran "non player" of the Witcher series. Which is an odd thing to say I know, but I've bought both "Witcher 1" and "Witcher 2" on release and while their concepts captured my imagination, I never finished either. I've had a troubled past with the original. Twice embarking on the adventure and twice just getting past the village near the start of the game (with the Hell Hounds) and into the city beyond, before my PC had unrelated problems losing everything on the hard drive. I always meant to have a third attempt but somehow never quite got around to it. I bought the sequel for the 360 and frankly I've never played past the combat tutorial and have no idea why!

This third installment (playing on PS4) has engaged me to the extent not only of reinstalling the original again, which I will play through and then finally play the sequel (now really looking forward to that.) but also investigating Andrzej Sapkowski's books. I'm nearly finished the first one and the second just popped through my letterbox ready to go. :)

Anyway.. well done all around on a great job. Easily the best game I have bought this year on any platform and possibly the best game I have bought for my PS4 to date.

Badger

I have not been part of this forum for long. In fact, I have been a part of the Witcher forums for so little time, that the automated system was kind enough to inform me, that I was a mere "poser" on this site. The reasons for my lack of participation are numerous, but they don't particularly matter.

Nevertheless, I have been a fan of the Witcher series since I played the original game in 2009. And with the release of this final iteration I thought I would write a long critique of the game, of what's great, what's good and what's bad in the game.

Anyway, I thought, that if I worked on it for so long, that I would share it. And if you feel like it and have the time for it, then read it, perhaps offer your thoughts on it afterwards.

I have already included a spoiler warning in there, but I'll include one here as well: spoiler warning for a lot of story elements and the ending.

This beats any review out there, thank you for writing this man.

Agree on the Question Mark quests, they're a boring chore especially after finishing the mainstory, though some of them are not, like Places of Power and rescuing villagers, these two are ok.

Imo Zelda game's RPG elements are more fitting with TW3, than level based. Sometimes I wonder why RPG has to be level based, Zelda is a franchise that keeps reusing its own rpg elements without leveling and it works, but no other rpg games seem to use it. Instead of level, it promotes exploration, in Zelda it's for finding new gadgets to access new areas or just for powerups, but it has a lot of other possibilities. Like in TW3 if it's not level based, exploration can be used to empower Geralt in many ways, and the gigantic world backs it up. For example :
- put some bosses or minibosses guarding diagrams, it doesn't have to be new monsters, they can just reuse existing monsters and give them name like they did with various sidequests/contracts.
- Weapon upgrades such as items for increasing durability and damage by using special monster's body parts.
- Vitality upgrades (like pieces of heart in Zelda game) by mixing monster blood with Witcher potion for example.
- Special mutagens for increasing Geralt's weight carrying limit permanently.
- Armor upgrades. Like the sidequest for armor mastercrafter, Geralt has to extract Archgriffin's acid or something to harden Nilfgaardian armor against bolt piercing.
- Crossbow upgrades by upgrading it's string with special monster's muscle.
- Various swords or armors with different/unique stats from each other.
Of course Geralt doesn't have to hold the powerups he found like Link usually does and with catchy sound playing in the background ;D , but I don't mind if Geralt does it too LOL.

Huh, so it got moved. Strange, I did not think of my critique/love letter to be a general feedback issue, but oh well, the Mod Hammer is king. It is what it is.

We should have a section where everyone can post anything about TW 3 that comes to mind, as long as it doesn't break the rules, it'll sink by itself if noone has anything to say anymore about said topic.

First off, I love this game and the new options to turn off npc/animal names and hit points kicks ass.. thank you! :)
However, I still really want the option in a new patch to turn off the talk/gather herbs/loot button icons that pop up in general.
When I turn off the npc/animal/monster names and hit point numbers, it looks perfect in combat and while Geralt is on horse.
Because the talk/gather herbs/fast travel icon prompts don't pop up, but as soon as Geralt get off his horse and starts walking around in a village full of people, all the darn talk prmpts jump out at me telling me to press X or A on XB1. Same goes for the gather herbs prompts, when I'm on foot in the wild. I know the drill and what to look for and what button to push.. So can you guys also please let us turn those off as well in patch v.1.06 maybe? or in v.1.05 if you can?? :)

Options to map our own game controls would be cool too.
I still want to fire the crossbow with the right trigger instead of RB somehow!

Last edited:
Alchemy and Crafting bugs
1: I'm unable to use glyphs that I've found in the world for crafting. it seems glyphs that you find and glyphs that you buy/craft are two different entities. they will not stack together in your inventory, and if you try to craft more powerful glyphs with the looted ones it won't register that you have them.

example: Player loots 5 lesser glyphs of igni from chests, dead bodies etc. and buys 1 lesser glyph of igni from an armorer. when you try to craft a regular glyph of igni, it will say you only have 1.

2: You are only allowed to craft 1 alchemy substance at a time. this is problematic because some recipes call for, for example, 2 quebirth. it will only allow you to craft 1 so you won't be able to meet the recipe requirement.

Technical Issues:
1: Rain storms severely impact performance and cause severe stuttering, whereas the game otherwise maintains a solid 60 fps aside from a couple places in novigrad.

2: When launching the game, if I click somewhere with my mouse or hit a key on my keyboard while it's launching, it will default to borderless window mode and won't allow me to change to fullscreen.

Combat
1: The hitboxes on the weapon that Wraiths use is enormous, more than 3x the length of the actual model of the weapon. Wraiths in general are an incredibly unbalanced enemy. they have every advantage you could imagine and don't really have a disadvantage.

2: Wolves seem to have something like an 85% chance to stun lock. this is very problematic because they travel in packs and are extremely fast. it's common to get stunned 5 times or more in a single stun lock.

3: I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but using the axii sign on alghouls doesn't nullify their spikes until the axii sign's effect wears off.

OMG CDPR what are you doing ?

you screw this game more and more with every patch !!

Better performance is great thing, but..... who cares? I rather play the game on low details but with perfect game system.

- with 1.05 you messed up alchemy and mutagens
- you promised that you fix NPCs bug, when player cant talk to them ... but it doesn't work. Can't talk to them anyway.

First of most annoying thing !

Who the hell designed user interface and inventory? What about some sorting by weight or by price? Or by type?
What about showing equiped items while selling or while reparing items? Or repair all equiped items button?
Mini map? It's mili mikro nano piko femto atto map.
Zooming big map? We need to se whole map or very close detail. Not spend half an hour by turning mousewheel to zoom every pixel by pixel??
I thought that Skyrims inventory is worst in the world, but now, now I am think is not.

Second thing!

Merchants that they can buy trophies are great idea, BUT !!! Why are they have only 500 gold at first time and at the second time, they have max 130 gold ?? Price of trophies is 300. Please could anyone explain this to me? Some dirty villager can ofer you 250 gold for some quest but merchants dont have any cash - seems legit !

Most most most most annoying thig ever !!

Who the hell decidet to change XP system? Who?! Why?! For what reason? You killed players freedom to make every quest when he want to and forced him to do them in some sort of order. WHY ?!?!

My gaming style is that I finish side quest at first time. Levling my character and then i finish story quest like most powerfull boss and save everyone and everything. But after you great patching i have plenty of grey quests with 5 stupid XP reward. Thanks a lot.

Why are you bothering yourself with making so no-linear game, if you force players to do quest in linear way if they want full XP reward?
For example, if I want to go to Novigrad, guard offer mi pass if I will help some scavenger attacked by ghouls. But leader of scavengers die most time, because i am to weak to kill ghouls quickly. So Guard won't let me pass. I i return later, with higher lvl, I will save a leader of scavengers, guard let me pass, but hey...no XP reward because it was a gray quest

My Critique so far....

Hoping the devs read this forum so here goes..

1. When going into the Alchemy and Crafting screens can the trees please default to collapsed? Makes it a pain collapsing everything or scrolling down to the section I need.

2. The tree order is totally out of whack as well... Be nice if all armour pieces where listed first, then components after. Why boots and trousers are right at the bottom while chest pieces are at the top is a mystery to me.

3. Please fix the Mutagen crafting (you already have this item) bug, and yes I know the work-around.

4. If I have beaten an NPC at Gwent. I'd appreciate that fact being noted somewhere.

5. Why oh why do I have dismount before I can fast travel?

6. Targetting mobs... Can the distance at which we can target/cycle target be increased? Would be very useful to get a hint at mob difficulty from a distance instead of barrelling in on Roach to get whipped after discovering the mob is over 10 levels higher.

7. When the game starts and I select "continue" can you make it so continuing takes manual saves into account? Currently the game loads the last checkpoint save only..

8. PLEASE list armour pieces in their sections in ascending level order.. The pieces are in any old order so have to click everything before finding a piece suitable for my level.

9. Diagrams - When moused over in NPC shops can we show more detail on what exactly would be craftable.. At the moment I can't even tell if the item is light, medium or heavy. Need more info to see if the diagram is worth buying. A comparison button would be a great idea here against currently equiped as an addition.

I mean if Im looking at a diagram on how to make something I'd see everything about it.

Theres more but cant remember right now.. Will add after I play some more..

121 hours in, just arrived in Skellige - feedback/opinion

So as the title say, I have 121 hours played in the Wild Hunt at this moment. I'm still in act 1, I have JUST arrived in skellige and im almost lvl 23.

First the good part. This first hour on Skellige was stunning. Game managed to take my breath away all over again. I just love how it's so completely different than the mainland. The atmosphere and surroundings, yeah everything, completely different. It's like I'm starting a whole new adventure. And the music, my god the music here is so much better than mainland. I just love everything about it and hope I can sink 50+ hours into Skellige now.

I want to bring up one point, which is pretty much my only criticism of this game (I'm not counting bugs as a criticism, the game is huge and still new, it will be ironed out as we go). The only thing that bothers me with the game is the balancing. Everything is simply way too low lvl. As you can guess I'm a completionist, and of course they have to try and cater to all kinds of players, but even still, it's just too low. I play on blood and broken bones (will replay on death march when i finish), but it's just too easy. Everything is below my level. There is simply too much content that is around lvl 8-14. It should be spread out abit more, and made abit higher. It still wouldnt hurt the open world feeling of it. It's quite sad for me as I'm about to hit lvl 23 and come to Skellige, and find lvl 15 mobs. Quite frankly I think nothing on skellige should be below 20. I could have gotten lvl 25 before coming here I'm quite sure, I have many witcher contracts left in Velen.
I hope they will consider rebalancing it and upping everything. I'm totally against the elder scrolls way of doing things with the world leveling with u, its bullshit and takes away from the immersion. I'm an old school gamer since the beginning times of the Gothic franchise etc. Big worlds only feel alive when you can take a wrong turn at any point and find a massive beast's lair and get stomped. It makes it feel real.
My point is they have done a good job, sort of, they took the right route for the game, but they have underbalanced everything, if anyone does anything except the main quest, the game will become trivial. And when you do explore the world, the main quest and it's impressive story, will become trivial and therefore slightly lackluster.

Anyone feel the same way? I think more people should speak up about this if you agree so it can be brought to CDPR's attention. Its valid feedback and all we want is to make this already legendary game the best it can be!

Got almost the same situation in my first playthrough: 133 hours on DM and level 21, IIRC.

CDPR really should have made different tunings of mobs populations and quest levels for different types of players: "game journalists", 'handicapped casual players'', "regular RPG players", ''munchkins'. Increasing of mobs' damage points and HP is clearly not enough.

Last edited:
Obviously not the biggest priority right now. But, I thought I'd just throw a suggestion here. In case it gets spotted, and can be implemented at some point maybe , when stuff calms down. Also to see if anyone else agrees.

I'd personally like an option to only enable the HairWorks tech for creatures. As in, not enabled for Geralt. I really don't like the look of it. (opinion) It looks unrealistic.

I think the in-house hair for Geralt is nicer. But the fur on monsters is another matter. They almost require hairworks being enabled, to have any semblance to actual fur. Hence why I'm requesting this.

Tbh, the monsters with fur (dogs, wolves, beasts, etc) look preeeetty bad, when hairworks is disabled..(stiff, plastic looking)

Plus, it would be a nice performance increase overall. With the tech enabled.

Edit: Example below of HairWorks off / on. (fur)

That's a terrible idea. The only time I really need smooth gameplay is during combat! I would argue the reverse- only enable Geralt's own hair. Any maybe NPC hair too.

Hoping the devs read this forum so here goes..

1. When going into the Alchemy and Crafting screens can the trees please default to collapsed? Makes it a pain collapsing everything or scrolling down to the section I need.

2. The tree order is totally out of whack as well... Be nice if all armour pieces where listed first, then components after. Why boots and trousers are right at the bottom while chest pieces are at the top is a mystery to me.

3. Please fix the Mutagen crafting (you already have this item) bug, and yes I know the work-around.

4. If I have beaten an NPC at Gwent. I'd appreciate that fact being noted somewhere.

5. Why oh why do I have dismount before I can fast travel?

6. Targetting mobs... Can the distance at which we can target/cycle target be increased? Would be very useful to get a hint at mob difficulty from a distance instead of barrelling in on Roach to get whipped after discovering the mob is over 10 levels higher.

7. When the game starts and I select "continue" can you make it so continuing takes manual saves into account? Currently the game loads the last checkpoint save only..

8. PLEASE list armour pieces in their sections in ascending level order.. The pieces are in any old order so have to click everything before finding a piece suitable for my level.

9. Diagrams - When moused over in NPC shops can we show more detail on what exactly would be craftable.. At the moment I can't even tell if the item is light, medium or heavy. Need more info to see if the diagram is worth buying. A comparison button would be a great idea here against currently equiped as an addition.

I mean if Im looking at a diagram on how to make something I'd see everything about it.

Theres more but cant remember right now.. Will add after I play some more..

All of these would be really helpful

Buy Back option... I can't tell you how many times I accidentally sell something due to slow down in the shop menu. Just now recently sold extremely ultra rare material for 400g and now they want me to buy it back for 1800 gold. And I only had 1 of that material in my inventory. Also sold a very hard to find Relic sword and had to buy it back which literally took all my gold to do so. I couldn't reload save because the last auto save was about an hour ago and since then I had done a lot of crafting and selling.

BUY BACK OPTION! There's a reason why nearly every other RPG has it. Common sense to put it in games.

Top Bottom